Freathy
Grovehill
Tgwu
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Club statement via the herald Empty
PostSubject: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 5:39 pm

Ryan Lowe is fully committed to Plymouth Argyle and looking forward to the start of next season, club’s chief executive Andrew Parkinson has declared.

The rest is regurgitate rubbish

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Ryan Lowe is fully committed to Plymouth Argyle and looking forward to the start of next season, club’s chief executive Andrew Parkinson has declared.

The rest is regurgitate rubbish

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i somehow dont feel this statement will stop his leaving talk in the eyes of others (grovehill) I think that will come from Ryans own mouth and even then he wont be believed lol.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 7:25 pm

What next? Pilgrim Pete confirms that Lowe is really, really not going anywhere?

For the bookies to go evens, I suspect the Lowe has already spoken to Bolton
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 7:44 pm

I think that pretty much confirms he's gone
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 2:42 pm

JOURNALIST REVEALS ‘HUGE’ COMPENSATION FEE AS BOLTON WANDERERS LOOK TO APPOINT EFL BOSS

Journalist Alan Nixon has revealed that Bolton Wanderers will need to pay upwards of £200k in compensation to secure the services of current Plymouth Argyle boss Ryan Lowe.

After their inevitable relegation into League Two, Bolton are once again searching the market for a manager.

Their demise was confirmed earlier in the month when it was announced that both the League One and Two seasons would be curtailed, and soon after it was revealed that Keith Hill would not be renewing his stay at Bolton.

The managerial hunt then commenced. Several names have so far been tipped with the vacant job, including both Gary Bowyer and Nigel Clough. Since then however, both Bowyer and Clough have seemingly fell out-of-contention, and the club now look keen on the Argyle boss.

Nixon however has revealed that Lowe will come at a costly price to Bolton:

an Evatt is also in the running for the Bolton job. The ex-Blackpool and Chesterfield Town defender has this season taken Barrow into the Football League, being crowned National League champions after their season was also curtailed.

However, Nixon has also revealed that Bolton will need to pay a similar compensation fee to bring Evatt to Bolton.

Both Lowe and Evatt have promising recent histories in management, but for Bolton, and especially in the current climate, these healthy compensation fees may stand firmly between them and their managerial targets
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 2:51 pm

and thats not including steve schumacher, john lucas, jimmy dickinson, neil dewsnip and dave galley which will double that figure may even push it past the £500,000 mark.

Bolton wont pay that even if they wanted him that bad.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 3:00 pm

Why won't they Angers? We've seen many, many cashed strapped, mentally in debt clubs sign players and managers that we could only dream of over the years. I remember us going scat for £17m when Cardiff were in debt to the tune of £30m with everybody including me saying it was unsustainable. Look what happened we sold million pound players for tuppence and they signed million pound plus players and got to the premier league. Their debt was north of £40m by that time. Bolton will see it as small price to pay to get back to where they think they belong. What's more their fans would be crying like fook if they didn't.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 3:02 pm

He's gone.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 3:05 pm

Off to rumours with you bhey! Has it been announced anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 3:09 pm

No, just my gut/prophecy of doom/same old Argo/closer to home, reading of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 3:16 pm

I wouldn't be shocked either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 5:15 pm

I just can’t be arsed to get wound up about it, if it’s true (and I don’t think it is) then off he goes and we get someone else in.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 5:43 pm

I wouldnt be surprised if hes off but am surprised how low the compensation is being touted for. £200,000 is peanuts and if the entire package is only £500,000 to include back up staff Auf Weidershen Ryan and thanks for getting us up

Right wheres Luggy these days...........
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 6:21 pm

Bolton's owners will have no problem at all paying a piffling £200,000 but they're probably trying to get the figure down a bit if they can. The compo for the Barrow manager also in the frame is said to be £150,000.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 6:42 pm

A few years ago Ian Dowie was released from his Contract at Crystal Palace because he was desperate to return to the North West were his family were. Within a week he took over as Manager of Charlton.

Wouldn't surprise me if RL resigned.

And joined Bolton the next day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 7:18 pm

Grovehill wrote:
A few years ago Ian Dowie was released from his Contract at Crystal Palace because he was desperate to return to the North West were his family were. Within a week he took over as Manager of Charlton.

Wouldn't surprise me if RL resigned.

And joined Bolton the next day

he'd suffer the same fate dowie did and sued by the club and rightly so. If he does want to go then Bolton have to pay the full wack no cut price deals.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 8:50 pm

Thanks Ryan, all the best
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 10:03 pm

Elias wrote:
Thanks Ryan, all the best

I agree. I thinks he's off too.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 12:26 am

Graiser wrote:
I just can’t be arsed to get wound up about it, if it’s true (and I don’t think it is) then off he goes and we get someone else in.

And if it is and he goes then so do the back room staff and some of the better players, new manager comes in fecks around with the squad, Hallett releases statement saying how committed he is to Whoever we have managed to land he spends two months bringing his back room staff in and gives Gary Sawyer a five year deal. People like you say at Crhistmas "what's all the fuss about this season was all about consolidation and I'm sure Hallett will provide the nesecary strikers we need in January" and so it goes on. Let's just he glad to have a club to support. Arf arf arf. Clap hands like a seal.
Anyway why is a sustainable club like Argyle in danger of their manager poached by a basically bankrupt club just getting relegated to the league below us? Something doesn't add up?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 6:23 am

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko

Bolton. Ryan Lowe compo will be around 200k. Plymouth unlikely to budge. Ian Evatt figure roughly the same. Quality doesn’t come cheap.

mada@Rtb6767

Replying to @reluctantnicko
That’s just for Lowe, you’ve got the whole of his back room staff too

A very good point

Bolton. Interviews this week. May explain why so many names out there. 😳😳
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 6:57 am

So with regards to the above the question now is has Simon Hallett granted permission for Ryan Lowe to speak to Bolton
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 7:54 am

If the salary cap comes in for the two lower leagues - and the touted £1.25m league two budget cap happens, then that massively levels the playing field in league 2. Boltons restructuring (pretty much all new contracts) will have to be based around that figure.

It'd be interesting to see how Lowe works with that, compared to other clubs that in normal circumstances wouldn't be able to compete with a 'Bolton size' budget.

Managers are mercenaries, just the same as players. If he goes he goes. I'm quite relaxed about it. At least we won't have to put up with that nauseating scouse whine of his.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 9:55 am

Ryan Lowe's odds to become the next Bolton Wanderers manager have drifted considerably over the weekend.

The Plymouth Argyle boss was priced at evens by bookmakers SkyBet on Friday to succeed former Pilgrims’ defender Keith Hill at Bolton.

However, that afternoon, Argyle chief executive Andrew Parkinson told Plymouth Live that Lowe was ‘fully committed’ to the newly-promoted League One club, only 12 months into a three-year contract he signed last summer.

Lowe’s odds in the betting market for the Bolton vacancy had lengthened to 9/1 with SkyBet on Monday morning, with two clear candidates emerging at the top of the list.

Ian Evatt, who has led Barrow AFC into the EFL as National League champions, is now the 4/6 favourite.

Sol Campbell, the former England defender and now Southend United manager, has entered the betting market at 7/4.

Those two are followed by Lowe at 9/1, with a number of candidates at 20/1, including former Bolton players David Lee and Kevin Nolan.

Meanwhile, Lowe is to take part in a virtual Argyle fans’ forum with club owner/chairman Simon Hallett and Parkinson on Saturday afternoon.

Taken from Brent mouth piece

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 10:14 am

Cue Freathy and Grovey to say that he's "obviously" been for interview and has been disregarded by Bolton. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 11:38 am

Tom Gleaves @tomgleaves

Replying to @reluctantnicko

Alan do you know how many candidates are being lined up for interview for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] job? Obviously stand out candidates would be Lowe or Evatt and seems fans would be happy but it’s if we will stump up the compo? Decision this week?

·
I think about five to interview. Can’t see bosses in work being among them. And there are at least three of them. So if they meet Mr Cheap and he turns out to be Mr Right then it saves them going for Mr More Than They Can Afford.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club statement via the herald   Club statement via the herald Empty

Back to top Go down

Club statement via the herald
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next