Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)

Go down 
+17
Chemical Ali
sufferedsince 68
zyph
mouldyoldgoat
Grovehill
Les Miserable
Punchdrunk
Elias
Rickler
Yea Man
Earwegoagain
Freathy
Tgwu
VillageGreen
Dog Bone Malone
akagreengull
harvetheslayer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 11:42 am

Ifs and buts butter no parsnips Grovey. The fact that you are missing is that the MAJORITY of clubs have voted in favour of season, end PPG and playoffs IF they can be played. There will be the odd Hearts and Tranmeres but by the time their legal challenges get heard it will be all over anyway. You seem desperate to be negative in the the face of the actual information we have at our disposal.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 4:48 pm

Interesting report on a leaked letter from Hull City
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 5:01 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

i cant for the life of me work out why they want to void the season when they are in the relegation zone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 5:18 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

i cant for the life of me work out why they want to void the season when they are in the relegation zone.

If you void the season then in effect the season didn’t exist, so no movement in either direction for any team
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 5:22 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

If you void the season then in effect the season didn’t exist, so no movement in either direction for any team

Whoosh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Whoosh

thankyou freathy lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 5:28 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Whoosh

thankyou freathy lol

Ok I fell for that one, surprised at Freathy though, thought he would have found a negative pit to put that post in.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 6:50 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Whoosh

thankyou freathy lol

Ok I fell for that one, surprised at Freathy though, thought he would have found a negative pit to put that post in.

point and laugh

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 11:05 am

Today the big day then?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 12:39 pm

Doubt it. EFL won't make any decision on anything anytime soon. Kick the can down the road as long as possible.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 12:51 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Today the big day then?

One would hope so but ?

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 1:17 pm

No relegation from league 2, looks like no relegation from league 1 to me. I reckon another season in Brents Basement league awaits. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 1:22 pm

Yep I still think Argo not being promoted is way more likely than being promoted.  Anyway, League 1 are resuming their bun fight again today.  Nothing will be decided yet. The deluded 'big 6' still want to continue the season and Tranmere still don't want to be relegated.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 2:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
As Freathy says, right now doesn't look obvious the top 3 in L2 will go up, clearly there is some kind of stalemate, I think the phrase "deluded big 6" is apt.
Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 2:07 pm

Also just realized league 1 teams have on average played 1 or 2 games less than L2 teams.  They really could have a quite a strong case for no relegation if the season is not completed, which it obviously won't be.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 2:32 pm

Their case is also strengthened by the fact that L2 voted unanimously against relegation.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 3:23 pm

First few paragraphs of the BBC story,

League One clubs are discussing the future of the season amid a split over whether to continue the campaign.

Matches have been suspended since mid-March due to the coronavirus pandemic.

League Two clubs have voted to end their season with no relegation, to use average points per game to decide promotion and to stage play-offs.

Meanwhile, the Premier League and Championship are hoping to resume next month, leaving the third tier in limbo as to what happens next.

Six League One clubs, including Sunderland, Portsmouth and Ipswich, have said they want to continue the season.

"We think it's the right thing to do," Portsmouth chief executive Mark Catlin told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"The Premier League are currently trying to do it, the Championship are starting next week with regards to commencing training, and we think that we've got a moral obligation to our supporters, stakeholders, sponsors, a whole array of people.

"We should be making every attempt possible to try and finish the season on the pitch."

What of they do finish all the games in league 1? There could be absolutely no argument for no relegation in that case and we would go up. I haven't seen anybody supporting no relegation apart from Tranmere and that is only likely to happen of season is voided completely and I haven't noticed a lot of appetite for that. People are grasping at negative straws.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 5:33 pm

my little birds sing me a song that sarcevic is off regardless.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 5:24 am

Argyle could well up in the Championship by default such is the crisis in clubs finances further up the chain.
This is on the basis that Argyle still exists
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 10:34 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Argyle could well up in the Championship by default such is the crisis in clubs finances further up the chain.
This is on the basis that Argyle still exists

Or, according to Gary Johnson, possibly in a regionalised League with TUFC and Yeovil.

Everything is pure speculation atm.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 2:03 pm

Confirmation that relegation will take place from the EFL if the season is finished.

Clubs will still be promoted and relegated from the three divisions of the English Football League if seasons are ended amid the coronavirus crisis.

Play-offs will also be played, but with no more than four teams.

The EFL has confirmed that 51% of clubs in either the Championship, League One or League Two need to agree for a campaign to be curtailed.

If a season is ended, the final table will be decided by an unweighted points-per-game system.

Clubs voted to end the League Two campaign immediately on 15 May, also proposing that no team should be relegated to the National League.

However, with the EFL including relegation in its framework for curtailing a season early, Stevenage would go down from League Two.

Swindon, Crewe and Plymouth would be automatically promoted to League One.

More to follow.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 3:53 pm

At least that's something. If there are enough votes to end the L1 season there will be the inevitable legal challenges so not quite over yet.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Lifted from the Farm but exactly what I said a few days ago. Argyle are promoted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Confirmation that relegation will take place from the EFL if the season is finished.

Clubs will still be promoted and relegated from the three divisions of the English Football League if seasons are ended amid the coronavirus crisis.

Play-offs will also be played, but with no more than four teams.

The EFL has confirmed that 51% of clubs in either the Championship, League One or League Two need to agree for a campaign to be curtailed.

If a season is ended, the final table will be decided by an unweighted points-per-game system.

Clubs voted to end the League Two campaign immediately on 15 May, also proposing that no team should be relegated to the National League.

However, with the EFL including relegation in its framework for curtailing a season early, Stevenage would go down from League Two.

Swindon, Crewe and Plymouth would be automatically promoted to League One.

More to follow.

Freathy wrote:
At least that's something.   If there are enough votes to end the L1 season there will be the inevitable legal challenges so not quite over yet.

LOl.. There's nothing new in Chemi's post. The EFL aren't saying anything that wasn't known last friday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 4:15 pm

I should think Macclesfield are on shaky ground as they’ve not paid full wages again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)   League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

League One For Argyle (*awaiting the press release)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next