Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube)

Go down 
+5
Grovehill
Earwegoagain
Les Miserable
Chemical Ali
Tgwu
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube)   Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube) - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2020 8:44 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
I think he said, the last 4 home games will cost Argyle £1.5m

According the WMN he based that on a full house for all the remaining games!

As season tickets were already paid up, the real figure is probably half that.

We was sold out for the Exeter game, plus tv money and the advertising that goes with that.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube)   Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube) - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2020 8:14 am

Tgwu wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
I think he said, the last 4 home games will cost Argyle £1.5m

According the WMN he based that on a full house for all the remaining games!

As season tickets were already paid up, the real figure is probably half that.

We was sold out for the Exeter game, plus tv money and the advertising that goes with that.
The Herald as caught up with the same story

Plymouth Argyle have lost out on between £1.3 million and £1.4 million from not being able to play their final four games of the League Two season, according to manager Ryan Lowe.

The conclusion to the campaign looked like being a thrilling one with Argyle one of probably five teams chasing the three automatic promotion places in League Two.

When play was suspended, they were third and their next home game was set to be against Devon rivals Exeter City in front of what was expected to be a sold out Home Park crowd of around 16,000.

But Lowe feels the club would have had bumper gates in all of those games, such was their importance and magnitude, as the club fought for promotion to the third tier.

My CEO (Andrew Parkinson) was telling me a couple of weeks ago that we had four home games left and we have the new stand open now,” Lowe told the football podcast ‘I Had Trials Once...’

“We have 6,500 season ticket holders and it (the stadium) holds 16,500 and we reckon we would have had an extra 10,000 on the gate for those four home games because they would have been hoping to see us win promotion.

“That’s without any revenue from the club shop, or revenue from hospitality, so we were probably due to take in £1.2-£1.3 million. Ok a lot of that money was going to go out, but we’ve lost it.

“When we talk about the smaller clubs having to pay wages and not getting any income, we are financially stable and OK to an extent. But we have missed out on that money.”
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube)   Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube) - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2020 8:34 am

I like Ryan Lowe.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube)   Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube) - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2020 1:52 pm

Have Argyle ever had 4 consecutive gates of over 16,000?

Typical Lowe, high on hyperbole, low on facts.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube)   Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube) - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2020 1:56 pm

To be fair they would be close to sellouts but the actual capacity is never used is it? What's tops now 14500? We would defininately sold out on three out of four of our last games.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube)   Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube) - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2020 4:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
To be fair they would be close to sellouts but the actual capacity is never used is it? What's tops now 14500? We would defininately sold out on three out of four of our last games.

The club has never really provided a cogent answer for the gap between the satdium capacity and what they actually allow in the ground has it !

I'm surprised more people havn't called the club out over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube)   Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryan Lowe | 'Prada's For Promotion'(youtube)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2