Les Miserable
Rickler
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 11:38 am

‘Marching Powder’ by Rusty Young is a real eye opener. True story of a Englishman banged up in San Pedro prison after getting double crossed by Customs officials trying to smuggle 5kgs of coke out of La Paz airport in Bolivia.

Just finished Series 3 of ‘Ozark’ which just gets better and better, and yeah ‘Better Call Saul’ is top drawer.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 8:20 pm

Gangs of London, farfetched garbage, wouldn't bother iiwy.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 9:30 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

I watched that, bloke gets shot at least 26 times and still lobs a hand grenade over a balcony, another one fires about 200 rounds from his sub machine gun without changing his magazine. It's full of silly shit but at the same time the story line is very very watchable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 9:37 pm

i guess ill put it here too, i watched that sunderland documentary on netflix... pasoti standard of fans
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 8:32 am

Les Miserable wrote:

I’ve got one left to watch. Farfetched is an understatement. London is deffo the place to perform a massacre because no matter how many are slaughtered, the Met police are never anywhere to be seen. scratch

Some of the fight scenes were like watching an episode of Hong Kong Phuey. lol!

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 8:53 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

I’ve got one left to watch. Farfetched is an understatement. London is deffo the place to perform a massacre because no matter how many are slaughtered, the Met police are never anywhere to be seen.   scratch  

You lasted longer than me Czar, I bailed about halfway through, couldn't take anymore pirat
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 9:23 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

I watched that, bloke gets shot at least 26 times and still lobs a hand grenade over a balcony, another one fires about 200 rounds from his sub machine gun without changing his magazine. It's full of silly shit but at the same time the story line is very very watchable.

Loads of the shooting scenes are laughable to anybody with any firearms training. What cracks me up is that when for instance Rambo is hemmed in on the waterfall by the virus spreaders, outmanned and outgunned by a hundred to one he just jumps up carrying a HMG and proceeds to take them all out whilst stood stock still. Every bullet from Sly is a killer but the hundred soldiers all fire wide. If I'd been there with my rifle the film wouldn't have lasted long though.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 3:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

I’ve got one left to watch. Farfetched is an understatement. London is deffo the place to perform a massacre because no matter how many are slaughtered, the Met police are never anywhere to be seen.   scratch  

was thinking about giving it a watch but I think I will give it a swerve now lol!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 10:01 pm

Was gunna give the new Capone film with Tom Hardy
A watch!....Anybody seen it ???
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2020 12:27 pm

The Charlie Brooker Antiviral wipe on BBC two was hilarious, flooded by Philemena Cunk who I believe Charlie Brooker writes for, the latter program was the 2019 one but still funny.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 2:36 pm

There's a nice little half hour program on this week about 7.30 on Beeb two (I think) called "made in the Pacific. If you like arts and crafts, culture and people then you'll love it. I saw the one of the Aborigne making a didgeridoo and last night watched the Maori guy carving wooden statues.
Other than that there is fook all on.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 3:03 pm

Just finished ‘Mr Nice’. Autobiography of Howard Marks. Great read. What a life he had.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 3:08 pm

Went to an evening with Howard Marks at Drewsteighton hall years back I think his daughter lives out that way. A real gentleman he has a presence about him that few people have. It is a great read and Tbf to the man if I smoked as much weed as he did Id be too paranoid to go outside let alone carry out scams under the eye of the Met, DEA, CIA, Interpol.....
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Saw him at the pavilions, must've been 15 years ago, funny guy who certainly lived a life.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 5:33 pm

And yes a very good book, the film is decent too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

TV/Music/Film and Book Club
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2