Earwegoagain
mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
Rickler
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

TV/Music/Film and Book Club Empty
PostSubject: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 11:18 pm

Seeing as we are all going to be staying indoors alot for the next 12 weeks minimum lets have a thread where members can recommend any good tv/music/film or book to others to check out.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 1:15 am

Janet and John is always a good place to start...
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 3:08 am

Just finished the latest season of Ray Donovan, it's been an enjoyable watch over the years.
Ozark is good.
Mr Mercedes not for the faint hearted but worth a look.
Then of course the older stuff, The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, all superb.

There's enough there for a 12 week corona boxset.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 10:56 am

Sex education on Netflix with Gillian Anderson of X files fame is excellent.
Word of warning, don’t watch it with the kids especially teenagers as they can get very embarrassed at some of the scenes. Very Happy

Mine were outtahere outtahere

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 11:30 am

i just watched the witcher on netflix... i liked it worth a watch at least the timelines confused me a tad at times but that aside this series is head and shoulders better than the last series of game of thrones.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 11:47 am

For a bit of comedy the cheesy American comedy series Arrested Development actually has some proper laugh out loud funny moments.
As said above Ozark is good which has the guy from Arrested Development in it.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 1:04 pm

For something more lighthearted during this shit, curb your enthusiasm is a real chuckle.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 2:14 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
For something more lighthearted during this shit, curb your enthusiasm is a real chuckle.
indeed just going through the new series on demand now ..brilliant Larry putting his foot in it as usual Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 2:38 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
indeed just going through the new series on demand now ..brilliant Larry putting his foot in it as usual Very Happy

cheers
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 7:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
For a bit of comedy the cheesy American comedy series Arrested Development actually has some proper laugh out loud funny moments.

Ozark season 3 in 5 days.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 7:45 pm

Person of interest is a must see
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 7:05 am

seadog wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Ozark season 3 in 5 days.

Happy days
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 11:09 am

anyone seen modern family? ive been recommended it but i know nothing about it
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 4:31 pm

Started to watch it but I found it a bit hard going.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 5:29 pm

Alien Covenant is worth a watch if you are into the Alien films.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 7:02 pm

I rather enjoyed that film (as an alien film fan).

V for vendetta is a reasonable watch especially for the part John Hurt plays.

Day of the triffids is a cracking read.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 7:25 pm

i watched tiger king series.... joe exotic is certainly an interesting character lol/
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 7:33 pm

Angry wrote:
i watched tiger king series.... joe exotic is certainly an interesting character lol/

Say that again Angry. That netflix documentary series is the current soup du jour in the states.

The trials and tribulations of 'Joe Exotic'.

"Murder, mayhem and madness" - an exploration of big cat breeding and its bizarre underworld.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 7:41 pm

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:

Say that again Angry.   That netflix documentary series is the current soup du jour in the states.

"Murder, mayhem and madness" - an exploration of big cat breeding and its bizarre underworld.

im starting to blame carole baskin for everything now, its such a crazy show and im amazed at there are more tigers in captivity in the states than there are in the wild.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 8:30 pm

Any western with John Wayne in it is alright for me, sure I saw his syrup move in Rio Bravo the other day!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 2:02 am

Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:

Say that again Angry.   That netflix documentary series is the current soup du jour in the states.

im starting to blame carole baskin for everything now, its such a crazy show and im amazed at there are more tigers in captivity in the states than there are in the wild.

You'll be interested to know that a tiger in the Bronx Zoo tested positive for Corona virus today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptyMon Apr 06, 2020 8:26 am

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:

You'll be interested to know that a tiger in the Bronx Zoo tested positive for Corona virus today.

i just read the article for that, its going to get messy if animals especially domestic ones start catching it. Vaccine cant come soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 11:34 am

I actually watched a funny BBC "sitcom" the other night. Hasn't been a good one since one foot in the grave and I'm not saying this is on the same level but Mr Winner starring Spencer Jones made me and the missus actually laugh out loud. Very silly but SJ is a very funny bloke saw him on Harry Hill a while ago, he does a lot of visual gags the other night picking the stick up in his fancy dress was hilarious.
I'm going to watch the rest on I player.
Back to top Go down
green_fiend

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 11:20 am

My favourite book is Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy.
Music - Scum by Napalm Death.
TV is probably Better Call Saul on Netflix.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 11:32 am

Must admit I struggled to get into Better Call Saul. I loved Breaking Bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV/Music/Film and Book Club   TV/Music/Film and Book Club Empty

Back to top Go down

TV/Music/Film and Book Club
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next