akagreengull
Freathy
harvetheslayer
Tgwu
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 10:16 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Hope Simon is persuaded to cough up to sign him permanently. Him and Jephcott could be the next big prolific partnership up front we have had probably since Mariner and Rafferty.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 8:23 am

Just the kind of player Argo need - a finisher and poacher.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 9:03 am

Greenlander wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Looking at the pictures on greens on screen from photo 12 onwards look like Aviva hell

For me, the Taverners Suite looks just sooooo boring. Not one smile on anyones face. Drinking and Argyle are supposed to be fun, surely. Otherwise what's the point.

Dreary dull and souless. McGuire junior WHERE is all the Argyle memorabilia from the Far Post Club ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 10:59 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenlander wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Looking at the pictures on greens on screen from photo 12 onwards look like Aviva hell

For me, the Taverners Suite looks just sooooo boring. Not one smile on anyones face. Drinking and Argyle are supposed to be fun, surely. Otherwise what's the point.

Dreary dull and souless. McGuire junior WHERE is all the Argyle memorabilia from the Far Post Club  ??

I went to one fans fest probably 7 or 8 years ago. It was OK but not something i would want to repeat. The idea of surrounding yourself with middle males in replica shirts, listening to more middle aged entertainers in replica shirt repeat the same jokes and songs on a weekly basis in a prefab building just doesn't do it for me.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 11:10 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Greenlander wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Dreary dull and souless. McGuire junior WHERE is all the Argyle memorabilia from the Far Post Club  ??

I went to one fans fest probably 7 or 8 years ago. It was OK but not something i would want to repeat. The idea of surrounding yourself with middle males in replica shirts, listening to more middle aged entertainers in replica shirt repeat the same jokes and songs on a weekly basis in a prefab building just doesn't do it for me.

As far removed from its predecessor as would be possible to imagine. Why oh why didnt Hallett do it properly from outset. Am guessing he was late to the party and the shyster had already put his mark on it
Back to top Go down
PlymouthCasual

PlymouthCasual

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 12:00 pm

I may have read this wrong but doesn't the facility get handed over to the club after five years anyway? I know we have over four years of this Happy Clappy Scarfer nonsense left but maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel for us normal fans who want a decent environment to have a beer!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 12:31 pm

PlymouthCasual wrote:
I may have read this wrong but doesn't the facility get handed over to the club after five years anyway? I know we have over four years of this Happy Clappy Scarfer nonsense left but maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel for us normal fans who want a decent environment to have a beer!

I believe so, talking to two fans on Saturday about the same subject. Know nothing of this plan.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 1:09 pm

PlymouthCasual wrote:

Decent enviroment doesn't include happy clappy trestle tables as in school dinner time.
Clearly the GT's have given up any pretence at paying investors back out of profits (note to Mcguire...you have to open fella) and doubtless Simon Hallett will get lumbered as already alluded to a few months ago. Whatever the finances are get it back into Club hands ASAP install proper management and get the profits (because there can be) ploughed back into Argyles coffers

Absolute shambles currently
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 1:47 pm

Unless you think having a cashless stadium is the step forward we've all been waiting for , up to now the club have shown that they don't really give a shit about the hoi polloi that insist on watching football in the cheap seats. I'm not convinced it will get better
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 2:30 pm

Greenlander wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

It’s a generational thing innit. Look at the age demographic. It’s probably similar at any British Legion club or afternoon tea dance. The ambience and the surroundings fit quite perfectly with the clientele.

It certainly ain’t for me, but it’s full every game so while the demand is there, it ain’t gonna change tack.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 4:43 pm

Tgwu wrote:
PlymouthCasual wrote:

I believe so, talking to two fans on Saturday about  the same subject. Know nothing of this plan.

Pretty sure "the lease" ends after five years.  That doesn't mean the GT's won't get another one.  If I was a betting man...  I would say they will.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 4:55 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

Decent enviroment doesn't include happy clappy trestle tables as in school dinner time.
Clearly the GT's have given up any pretence at paying investors back out of profits (note to Mcguire...you have to open fella) and doubtless Simon Hallett will get lumbered as already alluded to a few months ago. Whatever the finances are get it back into Club hands ASAP install proper management and get the profits (because there can be) ploughed back into Argyles coffers

Absolute shambles currently

LOl.  Right on cue as always...

Taken from a email the GT's sent out today:

"Our mid-week business is increasing with private events and corporate bookings. Therefore, meetings with any of our team moving forward will need to be by appointment only."

Doesn't sound like the GT's are in trouble, Harve?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 7:32 pm

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Hope Simon is persuaded to cough up to sign him permanently. Him and Jephcott could be the next big prolific partnership up front we have had probably since Mariner and Rafferty.

No, so stupid I can't think of a suitable response
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 8:21 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

No, so stupid I can't think of a suitable response

best not too its bound to be something xenophobic in anycase
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 6:55 pm

When have I ever posted anything xenophobic?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 7:42 pm

Grovehill wrote:
When have I ever posted anything xenophobic?

i havent the time or the interest to go through your posts to highlight the many occassions you have displayed views that come under that umbrella. if anyone wants to do that they can easliy click on your profile and read your posts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3