harvetheslayer
Tgwu
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 8:29 pm

Stop scoring now, my forecast is there!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 8:29 pm

Another shockingly bad commentary on radio Dem, the radio Dem goon keeps saying this afternoon, pissed?
Sean Mc Carthy dull as….
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 8:31 pm

Have grimsby arrived yet?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 8:32 pm

Elsewhere, Swindon and City both winning 1-0.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:05 pm

Crewe equalise cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:49 pm

Table looking healthier, back in the automatics, that's something.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:51 pm

Not a bad night at the office, need to show a bit of consistency now and if we beat the chinos at ours auto promotion is still a fair possibility.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 10:21 pm

Tore them a new one in the first half which probably killed the game off as a spectacle whilst Grimsby looked poor and toothless, expected more from them tbh.

Second half they improved slightly but still no end product while we could and should have won 6 or 7 nil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 10:52 pm

great result just what we needed probably should have been by more thats how you bounce back Smile now we have to keep this up against macclesfield and morecambe
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 11:03 pm

No killer punch in the second half
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 11:35 pm

What sort of reception did Holloway get?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 11:57 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

There was one chrous of feck off holloway to the tune of baby give it up but that was it. Other than that he didnt get any reception really and rightly so he doesnt warrant any.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 4:40 am

His players were cashing in on their increased status, he'd asked for financial backing to complete the job but the outclassed board were too busy filling their own pockets and lied to him.
Sturrock and Pulis also knew the board didn't have what it takes.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 5:53 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

He was out side the shop talking to the fans and a lot of  selfies taking place with him

After match Quote

They were better than I thought they were. I thought we could impose ourselves on it, but at the end of the day I left my two centre-halves with two on them.

“When we went forward, it was very apparent that their shape and their practice left my two centre-halves exposed. I got that wrong.

“By the time I had a chance to do anything about it, it was at least 2-0. The second goal was a killer because they played it right through and he scooted away and scored.

“All I can say is well done to them (Plymouth). I thought we did much better in the second half, but they’re a very good team, and we’re nowhere near as good as them at the minute, and that’s as honest as I can be about it.”
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 7:57 am

Good win. Thought they would smash us.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 8:08 am

“All I can say is well done to them (Plymouth). I thought we did much better in the second half, but they’re a very good team, and we’re nowhere near as good as them at the minute, and that’s as honest as I can be about it.”

Fair play for those comments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 8:18 am

Tgwu wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

He was out side the shop talking to the fans and a lot of  selfies taking place with him

After match Quote

They were better than I thought they were. I thought we could impose ourselves on it, but at the end of the day I left my two centre-halves with two on them.

“When we went forward, it was very apparent that their shape and their practice left my two centre-halves exposed. I got that wrong.

“By the time I had a chance to do anything about it, it was at least 2-0. The second goal was a killer because they played it right through and he scooted away and scored.

I would only imagine its the PASOTI dwellers that still have a problem with him.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 10:59 am

Best football I've ever witnessed at HP was under Holloway and against some top opposition too. Yes I was disappointed when he left but that's football, it was fun while it lasted and I'll always respect him for that, closest we'll ever come to top flight football in most of our lifetimes I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 12:45 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Best football I've ever witnessed at HP was under Holloway and against some top opposition too. Yes I was disappointed when he left but that's football, it was fun while it lasted and I'll always respect him for that, closest we'll ever come to top flight football in most of our lifetimes I'd imagine.

He then pretty much did what he would have done with us with Blackpool
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 12:47 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Sadly so (probably).
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 6:16 pm

Looking at the pictures on greens on screen from photo 12 onwards look like Aviva hell
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 7:04 pm

Astonishing win
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 8:51 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Looking at the pictures on greens on screen from photo 12 onwards look like Aviva hell

For me, the Taverners Suite looks just sooooo boring. Not one smile on anyones face. Drinking and Argyle are supposed to be fun, surely. Otherwise what's the point.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 8:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 8:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town    Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Grimsby Town
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next