Rickler
Chemical Ali
Tringreen
Mr President
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Presidents Progress - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:17 pm

I just think this place is stagnating if it's just going to be used for slagging off two people all the time. If you sift through posts you will see that there are some really passionate argyle fans with genuine concerns but the points made get lost in a sea of insults. Chris has given an outlet for any questions and Andy had asked for any points people want raised at the meeting on Saturday. If the only points anyone has are Mr presidents username them what is the point of this site? I still think avivas is a funny name and sums up a lot of people on pasoti, and I still think Chris has placed an awful lot of faith in James Brent without any hard evidence of financial plans or delving himself like he did before Brents takeover. I'm still not convinced by Fletcher or that Saturdays win will be the norm for the rest of the season, but calling people names isn't going to get the answers I want. And I know I've been as guilty as anyone of joining in, but since the so called truce I've enjoyed this site a lot more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I just think this place is stagnating if it's just going to be used for slagging off two people all the time. If you sift through posts you will see that there are some really passionate argyle fans with genuine concerns but the points made get lost in a sea of insults. Chris has given an outlet for any questions and Andy had asked for any points people want raised at the meeting on Saturday. If the only points anyone has are Mr presidents username them what is the point of this site? I still think avivas is a funny name and sums up a lot of people on pasoti, and I still think Chris has placed an awful lot of faith in James Brent without any hard evidence of financial plans or delving himself like he did before Brents takeover. I'm still not convinced by Fletcher or that Saturdays win will be the norm for the rest of the season, but calling people names isn't going to get the answers I want. And I know I've been as guilty as anyone of joining in, but since the so called truce I've enjoyed this site a lot more.

Spot on GJ well put across
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Greenjock wrote:

GJ- You're an aviva jocolor Laughing
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:16 pm

I did not say that Tring's opinion was not acceptable, just it wasn't much of one and that it didn't do his arguments any favours. That's my opinion Smile

Some people seem more infatuated with certain other supporters than discussing what I find quite interesting alternate points of view to the norm and which I wouldn't have necessarily considered if it wasn't for this site. Football sites should be full of passion, but what I liked about this one were those thought provoking points of view. I can go on twitter or FB to hear people being called a tw@t if I want. (apols a bit of a tw@t Wink )

Again, GJ's post says it all.
H
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:18 pm

So the answer is to read and react/comment on what you want to, and ignore what you don't want to.

Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Cerbs, you're right of course, but....

One of the main reasons - I think - that many people are now using this site is that although oft-contentious, more often than not biting & ascerbic and quite usually tongue in cheek, most of the main threads contain opinions that at the least make you think & aren't peppered with "you're a knobhead", "no you're a knobhead" type of tosh.

That the freaks & weirdos stuff has died down is I'm sure, a good thing & definitely makes the site less exclusive.

If it can be kept growing in that direction, ATD's future may be of use not just to the fanbase, but maybe to our club as well.

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Stop being so sensible Jon. Personally I get fed up with people who add a 't' to tw@, to me they're Tw@s.

I'm pleased to see Brenty speaking for himself, his sentiments all seem OK and if they produce success on the pitch all well and good...if they don't I'll be at the front of the queue to dig out the awkward answers that aren't being given at present. I'm uneasy with the fan in the director's box concept exerting undue influence and am still concerned as to how the GASboard evolves. For now I'll step aboard the peacetrain but I err more towards Tringy and Freathy's view and will continue to support the Trust to act as the watchers.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:56 pm

You troll Charlie.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:45 pm

If he wants to post as Chris Webb and offer his views good and bad, I'm fine with that. I don't, however, wish to read club propaganda on what is supposed to be an independent fans' forum. His posts on PASOTI became so uber-positive that in our situation they lacked credibility. Whilst no doubt inspiring some over there and maybe even a few on here(?), it did little but make me feel even more alienated from the club than I was. I did however 'enjoy' (as much as one can use the word 'enjoy' in this context) his commentary. I guess it helped that we were 4-0 up.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:35 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
If he wants to post as Chris Webb and offer his views good and bad, I'm fine with that. I don't, however, wish to read club propaganda on what is supposed to be an independent fans' forum. His posts on PASOTI became so uber-positive that in our situation they lacked credibility. Whilst no doubt inspiring some over there and maybe even a few on here(?), it did little but make me feel even more alienated from the club than I was...

Well said Mock!

The notion expressed by GreenJock that suddenly we now have an outlet for our questions to be answered is an utter nonsense!

Try Pm'ing Mr. President asking how much Brent paid for the club! Perhaps that is none of our business? How about describing in detail Brents 20% offer to the trust? No..?
How about... What is on the songsheet for Saturday? Now you're talking, you will probably get an answer.

Will he be posting on ATD as 'Chris Webb' is the first question someone should PM him!

This is nothing but a PR exercise - he doesn't even have the decency to apologize for his previous two flouncings - and I suspect this move has only come about because he feels he can bleat about our so called "Truce" every time he feels the pressure of questioning - which he is not allowing anyway!

RIP ATD - This site sold its soul the day it acquiesced to Newell's 'Truce'.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 6:50 am

shonbo wrote:
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but calling someone a Tw@t isn't much of one ...

and kind of weakens any serious point you wanted to make or have made in the past.

Much worse has been said and done. Rolling Eyes

This nonsense about a truce ??????????????????

A 'truce', as people seem to like to call the proposed state of play, would only serve to allow those with influence at the club, to carry on doing exactly what they want without question.

On the farm they dismiss, erase and ban dissent, refusing to answer genuine, probing questions.

On ATD we ask the questions and get no more than evasive answers, accusations of troublemaking and are told to just believe in the dictates. That will solve nothing and will not lead to the creation of the sort of club that I can believe in and support fully.
We might just as well become Pasoti's little brother.
If Pasoti were to be run in a fair and inclusive manner, ATD would not need to exist.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:53 am

Problem with little brothers' Tring is they grow bigger!!!!!

I can confirm the branch im a member of has been invited to send someone to the GASBoard summit on Saturday.
Typically even though im in plymouth i cant make it, but will be at the game.
Still struggling with man flu i got on saturday. lol!

Actually its not funny really ! ive woken up every day since half way through night soaking wet !!!!!

(maybe thats too much information!)

One thing i will say is that the President role is supposed to be 'honoury' but seems he is acting in an empolyee of the club.
Fair enough, but hes President not the CEO or equilavent.

The club needs to stop the 'charity' way it is run over the coming months.................

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:02 am

Mr President wrote:
Hi All

Just knocked up a Presidents Progress for the OS. Will be up in a bit. Thought I'd stick it on ATD as well as Pasoti for consistency.

Like with pasoti, I will use my account to post official updates and not to enter debate etc. As with pasoti anyone who has a question etc is welcome to PM or email me.

It may also be better for consistency if my username is changed to Mr President or President. Just so it is clear that I am not posting in a personal capacity.

Just for further information, for some reason my work IP cannot log into ATD (says I am banned) I have emailed the mods with this but had nothing back yet.

Chris

This is what I have a problem with.

So it's ok (in his eyes) for Chris to come on here, post what he wishes, but any debate that arises out of what he's posted he won't respond to. Very Presidential. If you happen to be President of some banana republic. Tell the proles what you want them to hear, and brook no questioning or opposition.

And it's not as if we (or pasoti) actually need Chris to post a link to the official site. I can do that, or Cerbs, or, Tring, or well, any of us. When Chris was appointed as Prez, he made a little speech about how it was an honour for the entire Green Army, and he would work to bring all supporters groups together. I have yet to see any evidence that he is doing this.

So my message to Chris is simple. If you want to be considered the President of the entire Green Army, engage with the entire Green Army, even those of us that ask questions you'd prefer weren't asked.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:06 am

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
Problem with little brothers' Tring is they grow bigger!!!!!

I can confirm the branch im a member of has been invited to send someone to the GASBoard summit on Saturday.
Typically even though im in plymouth i cant make it, but will be at the game.
Still struggling with man flu i got on saturday. lol!

Actually its not funny really ! ive woken up every day since half way through night soaking wet !!!!!

(maybe thats too much information!)

One thing i will say is that the President role is supposed to be 'honoury' but seems he is acting in an empolyee of the club.
Fair enough, but hes President not the CEO or equilavent.

The club needs to stop the 'charity' way it is run over the coming months.................

I agree. Nothing wrong with the fans 'investing' in the club if it belongs to them. It doesn't.

As for your illness. Sounds like you really do have a dose of a flu bug or similar, although there have been few recxorded flu cases thus far this winter. People are always saying they've had 'a touch of the flu'. I've had it once and as you say, you certainly know about it ! Changing bed sheets at least once a night , sweating and shivering. Get well soon Pilgrim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:28 am

Is there any news of the Presidents Progress? I am all ears waiting for some more golden nuggets.

Chosen one, show us a sign?
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:44 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Mr President wrote:
Hi All

Just knocked up a Presidents Progress for the OS. Will be up in a bit. Thought I'd stick it on ATD as well as Pasoti for consistency.

Like with pasoti, I will use my account to post official updates and not to enter debate etc. As with pasoti anyone who has a question etc is welcome to PM or email me.

It may also be better for consistency if my username is changed to Mr President or President. Just so it is clear that I am not posting in a personal capacity.

Just for further information, for some reason my work IP cannot log into ATD (says I am banned) I have emailed the mods with this but had nothing back yet.

Chris

This is what I have a problem with.

So it's ok (in his eyes) for Chris to come on here, post what he wishes, but any debate that arises out of what he's posted he won't respond to. Very Presidential. If you happen to be President of some banana republic. Tell the proles what you want them to hear, and brook no questioning or opposition.

And it's not as if we (or pasoti) actually need Chris to post a link to the official site. I can do that, or Cerbs, or, Tring, or well, any of us. When Chris was appointed as Prez, he made a little speech about how it was an honour for the entire Green Army, and he would work to bring all supporters groups together. I have yet to see any evidence that he is doing this.

So my message to Chris is simple. If you want to be considered the President of the entire Green Army, engage with the entire Green Army, even those of us that ask questions you'd prefer weren't asked.

Andy

I will respond to your post and at the same time answer the point which a few posters have made about me entering debate on here.

Firstly I have posted the Presidents Progress (and will do any other official bits) on ATD because ATD users have via twitter and email requested that I treat this site in the same way as pasoti. On balance and reflection this is a fair challenge. That is exactly what I am doing. I don't use the Chris Webb account on pasoti anymore. What I am doing is responding to 15-20 emails per day, lots of traffice via twitter but there is non of what was previously described as pettiness.. I think it is best for everyone.

For example, how am I expected to respond to Trings rather thoughtful post labelling me a t***? I can either bite and let the thread turn into a mess or answer other posts and ignore that one. Either way, Andy, I cannot win and the site loses because instead of talking about Argyle we are all talking about a row between two grown men on an internet site.

If you have a question then drop me an email, give me a call or a text or anything and I will respond and I am always more than happy for you to reproduce that reply on ATD. I can't ever recall you asking an awkward question that wouldn't want asked?

The current format in which I am posting does allow me to engage with the whole green army. If posters are on ATD/Pasoti then they clearly have the internet and in turn have email. Lots of supporters are using it.

I don't want a fight, I don't want a row. I just want to strike a balance where I can update supporters regularly. Supporters can then choose to ignore, read, digest, contact or maybe even enjoy as much as they want. It is not perfect but (a) it is better than every one of the threads turning into a personal row and (b) I don't remember Yasuhiko Okudera putting out any updates Very Happy - just trying something different and I learnt a long time ago that you can't please everyone in life.

Things have calmed down massively between pasoti and ATD and its great to see. Back to what we should be talking about - our great Football Club.

I won't post again on this matter, just wanted to clear that up.

I will do another Presidents Progress early next week to update on the GASB progress and anything else that comes up.

Here is to 3 points on Saturday! See you at the GASB meeting.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:10 am

Now that is much more statesmanlike. Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 am

Mr President, the way to respond to being called a tw@t is to ignore it.

However, if someone posts a constructive question that they think you could/should/might be able to answer, then I see nothing wrong with you responding under your 'Mr President' moniker.

Meanwhile, I am still awaiting your email/pm regarding the alleged blocked IP address. If you want us to sort it out, we need some input from you.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:34 am

We can all look at the OS if we want to hear what Webby is saying. There is little point in him posting it here unless he is prepared to answer questions for all to see.

All people want is transparency and honesty. If he doesn't know the answer, say so.

I would see his role as a sort of gateway to Brent for we rank and file. You know, the people he wants and needs to follow the flag. If the same questions are being asked repeatedly and he doesn't know what the organ grinder's reply would be, how about just asking him ?

Doing everything by PM must be time consuming and often repetitive.

If there are fundamental questions regarding the club that Brent and Webb want us all to rally round and 'own', they should be prepared to give honest answers, or at the very least provide reasons for not being willing to divulge information.
Loyalty, belief and unwavering support can be achieved but it is a two way street.

This goes far deeper in principle than internet spats between many of us and one or more of the Pasoti mods.

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:39 am

Tringreen wrote:
We can all look at the OS if we want to hear what Webby is saying. There is little point in him posting it here unless he is prepared to answer questions for all to see.

All people want is transparency and honesty. If he doesn't know the answer, say so.

I would see his role as a sort of gateway to Brent for we rank and file. You know, the people he wants and needs to follow the flag. If the same questions are being asked repeatedly and he doesn't know what the organ grinder's reply would be, how about just asking him ?

Doing everything by PM must be time consuming and often repetitive.

Exactly. And not exactly 'open' or 'transparent' either. Anyone can take a Pm'd reply and edit it to suit before copying and pasting it on the main boards. Far easier to retain control of what you write by publishing it openly yourself.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:49 am

Someone mentioned earlier about this site growing. Excellent, just as long as it doesn't grow into a carbon copy of what Pasoti has become (which someone else also mentioned)

What is vitally important, is that we don't get into the habit of lecturing other posters, just because they don't adhere to a 'new party line' - i.e. truces etc.

For the record, it's my opinion that the relative calm of late is wholely down to one 'ebullient' individual, realising that being a provocative tw@ was getting him nowhere.

Peace and Love. flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:57 am

With respect to you Chris, I do not recognise you as a mouth piece for the fans or as anyone that has any right what-so-ever to accept questions from the fans. Thanks for the offer though Chris but I'll be putting my political questions to the democratically elected Trust leaders, they are the ones that the fans voted for to represent me and to ask questions on my behalf. The fans didn't vote for you to represent them. - However, if I have a concern regarding the size of the next flag I will be happy to inform you in public and for all to see and read, not via an email, pm or any other method of communication.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:00 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Someone mentioned earlier about this site growing. Excellent, just as long as it doesn't grow into a carbon copy of what Pasoti has become (which someone else also mentioned)

What is vitally important, is that we don't get into the habit of lecturing other posters, just because they don't adhere to a 'new party line' - i.e. truces etc.

For the record, it's my opinion that the relative calm of late is wholely down to one 'ebullient' individual, realising that being a provocative tw@ was getting him nowhere.

Peace and Love. flower

Exactly. In the spirit of honesty and inclusivity I withdraw my unnecessary comment. Trust and respect is a two way thing and has to be earned not demanded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:20 am

Tringreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Peace and Love. flower

Exactly. In the spirit of honesty and inclusivity I withdraw my unnecessary comment. Trust and respect is a two way thing and has to be earned not demanded.

Well, that's okay then.

Another group hug! Rolling Eyes

What is this place becoming? More like a Roman Orgy than a fans website!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:21 am

Cerbera wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Peace and Love. flower

Well, that's okay then.

Another group hug! Rolling Eyes

What is this place becoming? More like a Roman Orgy than a fans website!

If that's the case I might give The Cherry Tree a miss on saturday affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presidents Progress   Presidents Progress - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Presidents Progress
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next