Rickler
green_genie
Vampires11
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 12:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I heard a whisper that there is a plan to do something with Bobbys Garden that will see that area then become an away fans section. Not sure when or if part of block 1 of the Demport may be incorporated. Time will tell.

Nice to see. In light of what Halletts already laid out gratis filling in that arc with seats but without a roof would be minimal in comparison to what he's shelled out so far.
Course would remove the need for any segregation in the barn park as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 12:55 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I heard a whisper that there is a plan to do something with Bobbys Garden that will see that area then become an away fans section. Not sure when or if part of block 1 of the Demport may be incorporated. Time will tell.

Nice to see. In light of what Halletts already laid out gratis filling in that arc with seats but without a roof would be minimal in comparison to what he's shelled out so far.

That's actually a bloody good idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 2:02 pm

What a tool

Bungo wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 2:16 pm

So the excuse for the ridiculous 'ARG_YLE' is because 'PILGRIMS' was one letter per block too many.
It should have been 'P_A_F_C'.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 3:19 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

That dwarf from the senior greens dunlop who looks like a cave dwelling Troglodyte thinks that putting a PASOTI logo in that corner would be a good idea.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Greenlander wrote:
So the excuse for the ridiculous 'ARG_YLE' is because 'PILGRIMS' was one letter per block too many.
It should have been 'P_A_F_C'.

The mental knots he ties himself up in trying to explain away the inadequate roof are really something.

" people in the front six to eight rows across the stadium get wet when it rains heavily"
"the vast majority of times the prevailing wind and rain comes in from the south west."
"In every big stadium across the country... when the wind and rain hit hard front rows get wet in all of them."

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

That dwarf from the senior greens dunlop who looks like a cave dwelling Troglodyte thinks that putting a PASOTI logo in that corner would be a good idea.

Thats blokes a total muppet. Seeing his mate Wozzer Bowden owes charity £10,000 in 21 days time I dont see why half of that couldnt be put towards landscaping that area with the balance to worthy causes. Am sure Mr Hallett would consider it an excellent interim measure
I shall put it to Simon now....

Afternoon Woz trust you're well  SA
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 5:27 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Thats blokes a total muppet. Seeing his mate Wozzer Bowden owes charity £10,000 in 21 days time I dont see why half of that couldnt be put towards landscaping that area with the balance to worthy causes. Am sure Mr Hallett would consider it an excellent interim measure

He's probably laughing like I am.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 6:01 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Surely, It's no different to what it was before?

When are some people going to get it through their thick heads that there simply wasn't the money to knock the grandstand down and start again.  It really is that fuckin simple.

In which case 1. what was the point in going to such expense and 2. Its funny how there wasn't money to knock down the grandstand to start again but money became available for a new roof and "high end resin finishes" and 3 Funny how Exeter managed to cobble together something reasonable for £3.5 million. It really is that feckin simple

Jeez wept...   The point in going to the expense is that now the grandstand has much better facilities (you don't have to piss in a pig trough) and it will be able to generate revenue that can go to sustaining the club.  2. The "new" roof was always planned - what wasn't in the budget was a cantilevered roof (about 4 mill extra). Wow... High resin floors! They must have cost a fortune. 3.  You slag off the "mankover" and yet think Exeter's stand is something reasonable - You're just out to bash the club - no wonder you can't be pleased.

PS.  A new stand was thought to cost somewhere between 12-20 million and would have taken a lot longer to build.  How do I know?  I asked the guy who would have had to pay for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 7:02 pm

the need to replace the roof was found during survey, it wasn’t the plan all along at all.

Exeter stands is tiny but it has the revolutionary concept where you can see both Goals

12-20 Million sounds like the same vague figure wafting that came up top he additional 1-2 million a year in extra revenue that Jimmy was bragging about
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 9:36 pm

A completely new stand done properly so the morlocks got permanent toilets and a concourse rather than trek around to mobile wagons would have had to bore brunt of the muck away costs to bring down to level of horseshoe, otherwisenew build wouldn't have been that much different c1osts. Jimmy knew what he was doing trying to get NCP underground car park behind to share costs. Luckily Rapson saw him off at the pass.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 4:59 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Up to you fella....if you'd had a wager (promoted by the 3rd party) would you forget it ??  Further words superfluous.
He's fookin paying. Course he can always ask Jameson how difficult I will make life subsequently for him indefinately if he doesnt. Even Newell rues the day he had anything to with that Jameson incident now nearly 6 years ago

As before if he comes on ATD and offers £100 for charity and its seen to be done then we'll call it quits. If he doesnt......
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 11:27 am

Lifted from a 14 Year veteran on Animal Farm......question is who do you think he/she is talking about lol

"I would also like to recognise the work that xxxxxxxxxxxxx has been required to put in on the management of the whole project. It is clear that the project has evolved along the way and it is testament to his expertise and tenacity that we have this wonderful refurbishment completed to time"

One guess lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 12:17 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Up to you fella....if you'd had a wager (promoted by the 3rd party) would you forget it ??  Further words superfluous.
He's fookin paying. Course he can always ask Jameson how difficult I will make life subsequently for him indefinately if he doesnt. Even Newell rues the day he had anything to with that Jameson incident now nearly 6 years ago

As before if he comes on ATD and offers £100 for charity and its seen to be done then we'll call it quits. If he doesnt......

So £10k down to a hundred quid now? Lol. Sounds like you're as confident as I am of Wozzer paying up. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 12:44 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
the need to replace the roof was found during  survey, it wasn’t the plan all along at all.

Exeter stands is tiny but it has the revolutionary concept  where you can see both Goals

12-20 Million sounds like the same vague figure wafting that came up top he additional 1-2 million a year in extra revenue that Jimmy was bragging about

laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 1:38 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

So £10k down to a hundred quid now? Lol. Sounds like you're as confident as I am of Wozzer paying up. lol!

You having problems reading ??  Go back to what I said couple weeks ago exactly the same £100 to charity and we're all good. If the grunt refuses then the fun begins with Bowden. He dont pay than I'll have 10k of fun with him instead but I know full well he'll go whining to Charles Cross within days. Tough....
Ears if you had a nominal bet with me then you'd be paid out simple as if you won, this is his wager and as such he's paying
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 5:24 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

You having problems reading ??  Go back to what I said couple weeks ago exactly the same £100 to charity and we're all good. If the grunt refuses then the fun begins with Bowden. He dont pay than I'll have 10k of fun with him instead but I know full well he'll go whining to Charles Cross within days. Tough....
Ears if you had a nominal bet with me then you'd be paid out simple as if you won, this is his wager and as such he's paying

LOl.  Is there anybody on this site..   Anybody at all, who thinks Wozzer is going to pay up?

Is there anybody who thinks that Harvethewhackjob is going to be able to do anything about it?

There is only one possible outcome..  Harve looks a complete and utter fuckin idiot for the umpteenth time, and spends the rest of his time on this site having the piss taken out of him.

(Posted from a imaginary prison cell at Heathrow airport)
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 6:06 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

No literacy problems here and I definitely remember you a couple of weeks ago assuring me you were collecting the ten grand, what was it "watch and learn?"
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 12:19 am

I don't think I would be as confident as Harve that he would get the money, not that I'm saying wozzer would refuse to honour the bet.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 12:42 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I don't think I would be as confident as Harve that he would get the money, not that I'm saying wozzer would refuse to honour the bet.

You'd have to be the biggest idiot in the world to think someone you bet over the internet is going to pay you 10K over some stupid wager.  I guess Harve has just won that title!  Well done Harve!

What was the actual bet anyway? Does anybody know?   I think Harve should produce screenshots or links to whatever bet it was that was actually agreed.

Wait for it..  He can't!  It's "level three information"!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 6:25 pm

A brand new stand offering good facilities while staying dry was required, i believe it could have been delivered instead of the Monsterous Mankover for the same cost.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 8:36 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
A brand new stand offering good facilities while staying dry was required, i believe it could have been delivered instead of the Monsterous Mankover for the same cost.

That's just ridiculous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 9:34 pm

It’s not ridiculous at all.

green_genie wrote:
A completely new stand done properly so the morlocks got permanent toilets and a concourse rather than trek around to mobile wagons would have had to bore brunt of the muck away costs to bring down to level of horseshoe, otherwisenew build wouldn't have been that much different c1osts.  Jimmy knew what he was doing trying to get NCP underground car park behind to share costs. Luckily Rapson saw him off at the pass.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 11:42 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

green_genie wrote:
A completely new stand done properly so the morlocks got permanent toilets and a concourse rather than trek around to mobile wagons would have had to bore brunt of the muck away costs to bring down to level of horseshoe, otherwisenew build wouldn't have been that much different c1osts.  Jimmy knew what he was doing trying to get NCP underground car park behind to share costs. Luckily Rapson saw him off at the pass.

Yes it is. With all due respect... It's as bad as thinking the earth is flat. You're in Harvetheslayer land. It is a complete nonsense to think that you could get a NEW better stand for the same price.  If it was possible why wouldn't Argyle have done it?  You think the board went with the refurb just to piss ATD off?

Face reality!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 6:23 am

Rickler wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

green_genie wrote:

Yes it is. With all due respect...  It's as bad as thinking the earth is flat. You're in Harvetheslayer land. It is a complete nonsense to think that you could get a NEW better stand for the same price.  If it was possible why wouldn't Argyle have done it?  You think the board went with the refurb just to piss ATD off?

Face reality!

I think the current board went with it because Brent had already started it. I personally think for not much more money we could have had a new shiny stadium although I do think it would have ended up being trimmed and ended up smaller, which is easier to do with a new build. Working with existing ageing structures throws up all sorts of problems during builds and it's easy to think your half way there when you are nowhere near a finish which has been amply demonstrated by time Bungo and co have taken to do this job. A good comparison would be doing a Barn conversion vs knocking it down and building a new house, the end product will be completely different but the costs almost identical.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 18 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next