Czarcasm
Elias
Lord Tisdale
Mock Cuncher
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Martin Allen sacked Empty
PostSubject: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Real shame that for the guy who walked out on Barnet after one month to take the Notts County job tongue
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:53 am

The hype is much greater than what you actually get with Allen. The amount of clubs he's had over the last 5 years is testament to that.

Having said that, to hire someone then sack them a month later... drunken
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Turned them from dead and buried and left them with a team that was fizzing which subsequently avoided the drop, in a month.

Nobody at Barnet bad mouths him, he did a great job at County when they could have gone fubar following the Sven debacle, a genuine guy that rubs the Suits up the wrong way, he works for me.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 2:27 am

and again................BUMP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 am

this is getting silly now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Angry wrote:
Why is this silly? He's just been sacked again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Angry wrote:
Why is this silly? He's just been sacked again.
Why do you think he would entertain coming here now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:01 pm

I didn't say he would, nor would I want him. It's just relevant again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Greenjock wrote:
How is a post bout him taking a job at gillingham thats over a year old worth trolling back for to post BUMP becasue he got sacked and on the main argyle part of the forum?

There is nothing in this post worth trolling back for scratch 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:16 pm

It's just current affairs angry. Perhaps it's rightful place isn't the Mayflower but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

You're allowing Elias to get under your skin in much the same way Seadog got hot under the collar about name change.  Just ignore the bumped posts.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
How is a post bout him taking a job at gillingham thats over a year old worth trolling back for to post BUMP becasue he got sacked and on the main argyle part of the forum?

I think some of the threads Elias bumps are a very relevant reminder of some of the shenanigans of days gone by. Others are admittedly less so.

What I would say though, if it were me bumping threads and it so obviously wound someone up, I'd foreshore carry on doing it. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:27 pm

who said it got under my skin? all i said was is i find it pathetic and pointless that's all with very little meaning other than trolling.

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Ffs angry, what is the matter with you?

It's a topical, lower league, football issue which is of interest to the couple or three people who both post on here and are actually interested in football, Rab being one although he doesn't always like to admit it.

Funny decision from Scally as usual, Gills have been poor but still have sides like Sheff Utd, Notts County and Bristol City below them, are not in the relegation zone, in fact a couple of good results would see them mid table in a league full of potential mid table dross, then perhaps most importantly, the Dog only got them up six months ago.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 3:40 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I wonder that about a lot of posts on here.
Back to top Go down
happypilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:07 pm

YES PLEASE !
Back to top Go down
happypilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:09 pm

please hire him mr brent before another club with a lot more nous gets there first , sure there will be dissenting fans , this is argyle of course but as fickle as they are , win a few games and they will soon shut up !!!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:24 pm

happypilgrim wrote:
please hire him mr brent before another club with a lot more nous gets there first , sure there will be dissenting fans , this is argyle of course but as fickle as they are , win a few games and they will soon shut up !!!
no thanks if he gonna feck off after a month
Back to top Go down
davec

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Martin Allen excellent manager and top bloke, very unfair dismissal in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 7:23 pm

davec wrote:
Martin Allen excellent manager and top bloke, very unfair dismissal in my opinion.
Cheltenham fans may disagree with you there.

His spell at Cheltenham wasn't exactly a good one, on and off the pitch.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Unless brent is going to feck off & take all his cling-ons with him there isn't any point at all changing the manager, be it Martin Allen, Wotton or Jose Mourinho.

Why can't some see that Sheridan is hamstrung with a shit budget & understandably has probably now lost all enthusiasm for the job

Only when the parasite banker leaves can the slow re-build begin in one way or another*.

* Motives of future owners dependent.
Back to top Go down
happypilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:32 pm

FY 310 wrote:

Only when the parasite banker leaves can the slow re-build begin in one way or another.

could you explain to me who will buy the club and if so why didnt they buy the club when we were so close to extincsion?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:39 pm

I'd put good money on Martin Allen saving our skin if we we're still in a relegation fight after Xmas that's fore shore. 

Would he be able to get this squad scoring and winning straight away? Not so sure but I reckon they'd be made to bust a gut trying.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:53 pm

I doubt we could afford him.
think we will see someone cheaper come in.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:57 pm

happypilgrim wrote:

could you explain to me who will buy the club and if so why didnt they buy the club when we were so close to extincsion?????
I would bet there are several who would be interested in taking over the club, buying the club may be a different matter as there is feck all left of any value.
As to why they didn't step forward when we were in administration, could it be that it was a stitch up from start to finish & nobody else got a look in ?

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Ken bates...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martin Allen sacked   Martin Allen sacked Empty

Back to top Go down

Martin Allen sacked
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next