harvetheslayer
Les Miserable
akagreengull
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 6:17 pm

Good ugly win, with 6 bookings for us- I wonder if after the way cheltenham played against us, that Lowe encouraged Argyle to be a bit tougher?

G Cooper got a broken nose and black eye after being booted in the head.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 7:42 pm

Yep, sounded like we dug in and showed some resilience...plan b Ryan Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 8:59 pm

Awful 2md half but thankful for victory.
Pitch very wet down the flanks.
Nice few drinks in the town before hand.
Some Mansfield tried to confront the away support at the station.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 9:01 pm

Freathy wrote:
Good and very welcome win.  Piss poor performance again but 3 points is 3 points none the less.

It was an indifferent one
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 1:11 am

A good day out and a good away win, soiled by my view of Nool sat in the Directors box with Bent.

A dismal reminder of the bad days.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 10:02 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
A good day out and a good away win, soiled by my view of Nool sat in the Directors box with Bent.

Yep. the site of Jim and Grim in the box probably reminded fans instead of enduring the Brentmare circus years we could have had Simon Hallet.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 10:54 am

Punchdrunk wrote:

Isnt it time everyone moved on? I was, at the time, vociferous in my questioning of those who created the scenario whereby Brent got the Club. But it is in the past, the club is in new hands, and while some of the old hangers on are still, well, hanging on, they truly are yesterdays men. So I think its time ATD and some of the posters moved on. It isnt going to ruin my enjoyment of an away win that some has been is in the Directors Box and I certainly will not give him the air of publicity that he so desperately craves. So, please ATD, lets look forward, and while not forgetting past wrongs, stop dwelling on them. LOOK TO THE FUTURE NOT THE PAST
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 11:21 am

A thoughtful point Grovehill.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 12:33 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Isnt it time everyone moved on? I was, at the time, vociferous in my questioning of those who created the scenario whereby Brent got the Club. But it is in the past, the club is in new hands, and while some of the old hangers on are still, well, hanging on, they truly are yesterdays men. So I think its time ATD and some of the posters moved on. It isnt going to ruin my enjoyment of an away win that some has been is in the Directors Box and I certainly will not give him the air of publicity that he so desperately craves. So, please ATD, lets look forward, and while not forgetting past wrongs, stop dwelling on them. LOOK TO THE FUTURE NOT THE PAST

Thing is Grovey, with the current climate regarding discrimination and PAFC supposedly being at the forefront of a zero tolerance stance, why is Newell tolerated as a Directors Box guest, with his discriminatory history available for all to see?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Thing is Grovey, with the current climate regarding discrimination and PAFC supposedly being at the forefront of a zero tolerance stance, why is Newell tolerated as a Directors Box guest, with his discriminatory history available for all to see?

Good Post
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 2:06 pm

Jethro, Czarcasm Why allow yourself to get worked up about a nobody?  Just let it go! Its like someone going on and on about the Lampard "goal" against Germany being disallowed-pointless, wont change anything and, frankly quite boring after a while. So someone you dont like gets a seat in the Directors Box, it means virtually nothing-he isnt a Board member, he isnt involved in running the club, he just gets to chat to/annoy other guests at half time. Or are you actually jealous? I bet he loves sneaking a look on here and seeing his name. Just ignore the twerp
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 4:14 pm

LoL

If you want to suppress the highlighting of Nools indiscretions Grovey, ATD isn’t the best place to start. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 4:36 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
LoL

If you want to suppress the highlighting of Nools indiscretions Grovey, ATD isn’t the best place to start. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 4:42 pm

Ryan Lowe described Plymouth Argyle’s 1-0 win away to Mansfield Town as ‘a good gutsy performance’ as they dug deep to pick up maximum points.

Conor Grant, recalled to the Pilgrims’ midfield for the League Two encounter at Field Mill, grabbed the decisive goal with a superb long-distance strike in the 13th minute.

Argyle came under a lot of pressure in the second half but strong defending limited Mansfield to only a few clear-cut chances.

When they were not getting their bodies in the way of shots and crosses, the Pilgrims saw ‘keeper Alex Palmer made a vital save from substitute Andy Cook in the 89th minute.

Lowe summed it when he said: “Not a good football performance, but a good gutsy performance.

“I think we have been criticised of late for conceding sloppy goals and, yeah, they have been poor goals.

“But you have seen the lads there put their bodies on their line. I have seen a different side to my team today.

“There was resilience, bodies on the line, block tackles, George Cooper has broke his nose and got a big black eye.

“That’s League Two football sometimes. That’s the way Mansfield done it. They put balls in to our box and we withstood it all.

“So I have seen a different side to us. The footballing weren’t great, but we have footballed teams to death this season and not got any points for it.”

Lowe thought Argyle had put in a ‘dominant display’ in the first half and should have scored more than once.

He said: “Conor pops up with a great strike and we have been asking him to shoot.

“I’m pleased for Conor because he has been having to wait patiently and he has took his chance today certainly.”

Argyle moved two positions up the League Two table to 12th after ending a run of five games without a win.

Lowe continued: “I have seen a different side to the boys this week, in terms of going and doing it.

“Yeah, you can play football – and we play football right the way through – but you have got to earn it.

“George Cooper going up for a header and getting his nose broke, lads putting bodies on the line, Gaz Sawyer blocking – all of them.

“So I have seen a different side to them boys today that they can do it, and they will do it from now on.

We have just been talking about one of the other games we played and we lost because that’s the way they played.

“Well not today, because no-one was beating us today. Yeah, I would have liked to have scored a couple more goals but the other end was fantastic.”

Grant and defender Scott Wootton were recalled by Lowe for the game against Mansfield, as Josh Grant dropped down to the bench and Dom Telford was ruled out by a hamstring injury.

Lowe made a slight alteration to his usual formation, which was more 3-4-3 than 3-1-4-2.

That meant Joel Grant led the attack for Argyle, with Danny Mayor and Cooper either side of him, although a little deeper.

Conor Grant and Sarcevic were the two holding midfield players, flanked by wing-backs Joe Edwards and Callum McFadzean.

Lowe said: “We will do things what we need to do. We felt our three attacking players up against their three defenders would cause problems.

“When we pressed the way we pressed we got our rewards. That’s just tactical if you like.

“We thought ‘Let’s get up against them and force them into errors’ and we certainly did that, hence why I was a bit disappointed we didn’t get the second goal.

“But in terms of overall play we can play any formation. The formation doesn’t change really, one person just moves to the left, and if you know your stuff you will have seen that.

“That’s what happened. We pushed the front three right up and we had a nice solid four in the middle of the park.

"We broke them down every time, hence the chances we were creating going the other way.”
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 4:46 pm

Defender Scott Wootton made the most of his first team recall as Plymouth Argyle beat Mansfield Town 1-0 at Field Mill.

The 28-year-old had been a substitute for the previous two matches after losing his place following the 1-0 defeat away to Port Vale on September 14.

However, after catching the eye of manager Ryan Lowe in training last week, he was picked in preference to Josh Grant for the clash at Mansfield.

Wootton put himself under pressure when he was yellow-carded as early as the 21st minute for a foul on Stags’ top scorer Danny Rose.

He hardly put a foot wrong after that as Argyle kept their first clean sheet since a 3-0 victory over Walsall at Home Park on August 24.

Wootton lined up alongside Will Aimson and skipper Gary Sawyer in defence, with Niall Canavan and Grant both on the bench as cover.

Lowe said: “We have got a fantastic squad, as I keep saying, so we can chop and change it whenever we need.

“Niall is back now, fully fit, and with Josh we have got two top defenders on the bench.

“It’s not a case of looking for that solution in terms of clean sheets. Yes, it’s always nice that you want that.

“But I wouldn’t have hesitated in putting Josh Grant in today ahead of Scotty Wootton.

“We don’t just pick the players on games. We pick them on training, and Scotty has been fantastic this week.

He was in with me, knocked on my door and said ‘I want to be back in the team’.

“I said ‘When you are back in you will stay in, but I’m the manager, I pick the team’. That shows to me his determination to get in this team.

“He believes we are building something good and that’s why he wants to play.”

Argyle moved up to 12th place in the League Two table after beating Mansfield, three points outside the play-off positions.

Their next game is against bottom-but-one Scunthorpe United at Home Park this Saturday.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 4:56 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Jethro, Czarcasm Why allow yourself to get worked up about a nobody?  Just let it go! Its like someone going on and on about the Lampard "goal" against Germany being disallowed-pointless, wont change anything and, frankly quite boring after a while. So someone you dont like gets a seat in the Directors Box, it means virtually nothing-he isnt a Board member, he isnt involved in running the club, he just gets to chat to/annoy other guests at half time. Or are you actually jealous? I bet he loves sneaking a look on here and seeing his name. Just ignore the twerp

Fat fookin chance mate. Nool should have been banned from HP for what he's done to fellow fans despite him being a homophobe. If he chose to disappear I'd be happy to ignore him but whilst he uses his online presence to still paint us as freaks and wierdos I'm going nowhere. If you don't like it skip it like I do with stuff I'm not interested in.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 5:21 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

But he tried to lose you your job!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 5:24 pm

Nothing to do with being jealous at all,
More that I don't think that he should be anywhere near the club
let alone in the directors box,
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 6:55 pm

The idiot sent white feathers to a dying man, he manipulates a supporters forum to suit his own agenda, plus for personal profit via advertising.
His cocaine sniffing offspring chuck pints over people in executive lounges and yet he continues to worm his way in even if it is by means of a former chairman/crooked banker.

I will continue to call them out until this scum and his associates are removed from the club once and for all.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 10:25 pm

Looks like some people have an obsession with Newell. But like I said, going on and on about him: 
A) Wont change anything
B) Will feed the sad sods ego
C) Will harm you more than him

That is my last word on the subject, because I refuse to give him any publicity or let him get to me.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 10:18 am

Grovehill wrote:
Looks like some people have an obsession with Newell. But like I said, ignoring him wont,
A) Wont change anything
B) Will feed the sad sods ego
C) Will harm you more than him

That is my last word on the subject, because I refuse to give him any publicity or let him get to me.

Edited for factuals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 12:24 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

Its great he's rediscovered his love of 4th division football, after deciding against Oldham and Crawley all it took was being able to wangle a directors box invite. How desperate?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 3:00 pm

funny that seems chauffeuring duties are back
Now brent was at the game & wrathall back off his holidays wipe all that brown stuff from around your mouth nosher ffs
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 4:32 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Its great he's rediscovered his love of 4th division football, after deciding against Oldham and Crawley all it took was being able to wangle a directors box invite. How desperate?

don't forget Manure is the monday night game on sky,,
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 5:16 pm

A rather excellent Monday all round............... Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth   Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mansfield 15:00 Plymouth
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next