harvetheslayer
Jethro
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 9:47 pm

Whatever way you dress it up with regards to Crawleys recent form considering the recent results a point is just not good enough.

That Mayor has been nowhere near the player everyone seems to think he is. Dont get me wrong I'm chuffed to bits Bent is no longer in the chair and I'm still happy to have Lowe as a manager but FFS did anyone envisage as shit a start to 19/20 as this?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 9:49 pm

A point on the road is a step in the right direction
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 10:04 pm

Jethro wrote:

It's not really when we have lost 1-0 to newport, 3-1 to northampton and 1-0 to port vale and if you had been at those matches you would know where i'm coming from.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 10:07 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Two more points dropped but then the table means jack shit (at the moment).
Good job it does GG Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 10:19 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Jethro wrote:

It's not really when we have lost 1-0 to newport, 3-1 to northampton and 1-0 to port vale and if you had been at those matches you would know where i'm coming from.
with you on that one punchey simply not good enough we should be beating teams like above if we’re gunna do anythink in this league
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 10:36 pm

Realism bites. After not following the game from one down I was pleased to see a point on the board. We are scoring goals again which is great but again we are conseding too many. I never expected Lowe to change a shite team less our three best attacking players storm the league even with all the Bury boys who obviously took the budget leaving us with the shite defence. This is sadly still the result of the Brent effect and will take time, playoffs would be doing well this season IMO. It's annoying but still feels better than any of the last seven years.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 10:43 pm

With you on that one Earwig.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 10:44 pm

1. Shite goal to concede so soon
2. Look handy going forward and overall deserved to win the game....but....
3. As soon as we switch off we are shite defensively
4. Great link up play attacking wise and really encouraging signs
5. Given we only just got relagated last season ,and we've recruited half of Bury, we should be doing better.
Lastly - we should have won three points today. Simply thrown away by lazy defending.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 10:58 pm

Should've brought in Holloway Cool
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 11:31 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Jethro wrote:

I do see where you are coming from up to a point,

But instead of dropping 3 points on the road, we've dropped two its progress,

Obviously we want to go away with all 3 points, thats a given.

I'm sure it will all come together eventually,
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 11:35 pm

Lazy smug and complacent?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 3:47 am

Not been overly impressed with Mayor but those highlights showed he stated both moves for both goals. Thought the penalty was somewhat dubious
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 7:39 am

And all the pundits thought we were promotion certs based on Lowe's appointment and five mediocre players from Bury. As we're not quite shit enough to go down it's season over.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 7:47 am

Played some really good football going forwards which will rip apart most League two teams.

Should have won that one but for some brilliant saves and lucky moments.

Sadly the defensive errors are still there and poor defending cost us the opening goal. Lowe needs to find some new defenders quickly.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 8:22 am

Freathy wrote:
And all the pundits thought we were promotion certs based on Lowe's appointment and five mediocre players from Bury. As we're not quite shit enough to go down it's season over.

I think you are talking bollox there Freathers.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Once the defence stop falling asleep we should be fine. Rome wasn't built over night.
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 3:06 pm

Freathy wrote:

Sometimes it's laughably funny coming onto this forum. Had a friend who has the misfortune to live in Crawley and went to the game last night. His exact comment was " Argyle are going to be good once their Manager has sorted out their fragile defence" . He's neutral (ie not a Crawley Supporter) and I value his judgement on most games he goes to see. It was obvious from the start of the season, even after the arrival of Lowe that he's inherited a defence that was the reason for last season's relegation, and unless he was to be allowed to bring in ten or more players it was obvious in view of the departures that he's concentrate on attack. I guess in the next transfer window he'll rectify (or try to rectify) those problems. I don't think the situation will be nearly as gloomy come the end of the season as it appears to be now. Be glad that you're shot of the mumbling Scotsman, and the influence of the failing builder.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Grace Less wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Sometimes it's laughably funny coming onto this forum. Had a friend who has the misfortune to live in Crawley and went to the game last night. His exact comment was " Argyle are going to be good once their Manager has sorted out their fragile defence" . He's neutral (ie not a Crawley Supporter) and I value his judgement on most games he goes to see. It was obvious from the start of the season, even after the arrival of Lowe that he's inherited a defence that was the reason for last season's relegation, and unless he was to be allowed to bring in ten or more players it was obvious in view of the departures that he's concentrate on attack. I guess in the next transfer window he'll rectify (or try to rectify) those problems. I don't think the situation will be nearly as gloomy come the end of the season as it appears to be now. Be glad that you're shot of the mumbling Scotsman, and the influence of the failing builder.

Good post. Spot on with all of it.

The only issue I have with Lowe is that he is only realising now that we have four defenders who are shite, instead of sorting the glaringly obvious problem in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Away 17/9   Crawley Away 17/9 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crawley Away 17/9
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2