Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crawley at home (next sat)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Crawley at home (next sat) Empty
PostSubject: Crawley at home (next sat)   Crawley at home (next sat) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:20 pm

After today's performance i really think we can get something from the Crawley game. Hopefully chadders will be back?? He'll take lecointes place i presume which will only be a bonus, We might have signed some more players by then as well!

Would take a point, but would love 3! Onwards and Upwards!

Going to now go and have a beer or two and watch the goals!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley at home (next sat)   Crawley at home (next sat) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Crawley also drew 0-0 with brizzle rovers today, poor result for them to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Crawley at home (next sat)   Crawley at home (next sat) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:53 pm

I think they'll tear us to bits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley at home (next sat)   Crawley at home (next sat) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:54 pm

monti czardas wrote:
Crawley also drew 0-0 with brizzle rovers today, poor result for them to be honest.

Which means they will bounce back against us.
Argyle are incapable of stringing wins together
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Crawley at home (next sat)   Crawley at home (next sat) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:06 pm

I wasnt that convinced by them in October to be honest, think they wont be able to take us as lightly next week. Depending on who becomes Fletchers mentor maybe decisive.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: RE: Crawley....   Crawley at home (next sat) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Per Ardua Adstra. Here we go......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley at home (next sat)   Crawley at home (next sat) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:39 pm

If we can play as we did in the second half today, then we have nothing to worry about, either next week or for the League status.

The problem we have is we always start too tentatively. We sit back and let them come to us. We don't chase the ball and more often than not we are second to every ball. Our marking is not tight enough and usually this means the opposition take advantage an score at least one, sometimes two goals before we 'switch on'. We started brightly against Northampton and sucker punched them with four. We came back brilliantly against Rovers and won - albeit fortuitously. The game at Aldershot was a dour affair which Jake Cole kept us in and gained a point. We didn't turn up in the first half against Torquay and today we were very average in the first half.

After the break today, we came out with purpose, went forward, attacked each loose ball and strung together some deft moves. We need to keep the ball on the bloody ground more though. Wotts was definitely bossing the midfield and if there was any justice either he or Purse would have the armband at HP next week. All Walton did in the first half was back pass to Jake. I know Walts scored twice, but he is fairly anonymous as a skipper, Wotts had much more 'presence'.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Crawley at home (next sat)   Crawley at home (next sat) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Cerbera wrote:
If we can play as we did in the second half today, then we have nothing to worry about, either next week or for the League status.

The problem we have is we always start too tentatively. We sit back and let them come to us. We don't chase the ball and more often than not we are second to every ball. Our marking is not tight enough and usually this means the opposition take advantage an score at least one, sometimes two goals before we 'switch on'. We started brightly against Northampton and sucker punched them with four. We came back brilliantly against Rovers and won - albeit fortuitously. The game at Aldershot was a dour affair which Jake Cole kept us in and gained a point. We didn't turn up in the first half against Torquay and today we were very average in the first half.

After the break today, we came out with purpose, went forward, attacked each loose ball and strung together some deft moves. We need to keep the ball on the bloody ground more though. Wotts was definitely bossing the midfield and if there was any justice either he or Purse would have the armband at HP next week. All Walton did in the first half was back pass to Jake. I know Walts scored twice, but he is fairly anonymous as a skipper, Wotts had much more 'presence'.

I thought Walton and Wotton were chasing the same balls in the first half, which allowed Burton to play balls from midfield to forwards on the 18 yard line. There seemed to be better understanding between them in the second half, with Walton attacking more- he does look like he needs a lot of time to turn or pass sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley at home (next sat)   Crawley at home (next sat) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Freathy wrote:
I think they'll tear us to bits

LOL !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crawley at home (next sat)   Crawley at home (next sat) Empty

Back to top Go down

Crawley at home (next sat)
Page 1 of 1