Czarcasm
akagreengull
Grovehill
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

One season wonders - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One season wonders   One season wonders - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Grove hill has always been anti Lowe/Hallett since the parasite left us

"Always?" What 3 months?

Love to see again be successful but I've been a follower long enough to know not to make snap judgements! Hallett's only been running the club for a few months (and hasn't run a business before) Lowe is a fledgling Manager who's CV consists of one good season with a Club that ran out of money afterwards (whether he contributed to the financial issues is open to debate) Neither has the experience of successfully "weathering a storm"  at a football Club. With Lowe, it's a concern that he appears only to want to work with players he knows or are recommended by "mates" rather than scouting new talent-and the only way Argyle will thrive is by finding new talent. As for Hallett, I hope that he, like Lowe, will prove to be a success, but his is the seventh regime I've seen running the club and if they are not complete ar*eholes, they run out of cash and end up selling the club to someone even worse.

As far as this season goes, I think that either Lowe will prove himself and get Argyle promoted or he'll resign by the end of the year citing location as too big an issue. And we'll find out if Hallett has deep pockets but short arms!
This
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: One season wonders   One season wonders - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 12:30 pm

My mate said the day he joined that he's a total bullshitter.

To quote him (my mate not RL) over the weekend.

RL says 'Ryan Taylor is a 20 goal a season striker. I have a fully fit squad (against Port Vale)' yet still doesn't play a Champioship quality defender in Aimson. All the play goes through Mayor McFadzean and nothing from anyone else - not exactly total football and will it be any easier in the winter months.

He wasn't overly impressed in the summer and even less so now. To be clear he was no fan of Adams either and most seasons his first moan generally arrives before half time of the first game, the later the first vitriol the better we do. He got in dead early this year.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: One season wonders   One season wonders - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 6:33 pm

Angry wrote:
until he gets a solid back 3 hes going to be fire fighting.

An accurate blast from the past-July 2019

Last edited by Grovehill on Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: One season wonders   One season wonders - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 6:35 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Do people think that there's a risk that Ryan Lowe's Bury [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] aka PAFC might already be at risk of being "found out" in the footballing sense?

There are hundred's of examples of teams or players that have one good season and then fade from the scene as other teams find out how to combat either their tactics or individual players' playing styles, Leicester City being the most obvious recent example. It's clear that RL is intending to replicate the playing style of last season's successful Bury team, using a core of ex Bury players. But, as most teams and players in the Division will be more aware of what to expect, is there a risk that the tactics and individuals might not be so successful. And if that is the case, does the manager have a plan B?

Well, does he?

From July 2019
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One season wonders   One season wonders - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 6:53 pm

Greenlander wrote:

RL says 'Ryan Taylor is a 20 goal a season striker. I have a fully fit squad (against Port Vale)' yet still doesn't play a Champioship quality defender in Aimson. All the play goes through Mayor McFadzean and nothing from anyone else - not exactly total football and will it be any easier in the winter months.

He wasn't overly impressed in the summer and even less so now. To be clear he was no fan of Adams either and most seasons his first moan generally arrives before half time of the first game, the later the first vitriol the better we do. He got in dead early this year.

That Taylor comment was quite literally one of the dumbest made by any argyle manager in my lifetime. Championship quality defender in Aimson makes me chuckle.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: One season wonders   One season wonders - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 4:03 am

Angry wrote:
Greenlander wrote:

I doubt we have any defenders even under contract for next season so Lowe will know a complete new rearguard is needed

In fact are any midfielders even under contract for next season bar George Cooper ??

That Taylor comment was quite literally one of the dumbest made by any argyle manager in my lifetime. Championship quality defender in Aimson makes me chuckle.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: One season wonders   One season wonders - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 4:05 am

Forums not loading properly. Response here was to Angry of above

I doubt we have any defenders even under contract for next season so Lowe will know a complete new rearguard is needed

In fact are any midfielders even under contract for next season bar George Cooper ??

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One season wonders   One season wonders - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

One season wonders
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2