Earwegoagain
Czarcasm
Geezer
sufferedsince 68
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 10:48 am

Personal observations which again you can't verify.
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 11:40 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Personal observations which again you can't verify.

What there is a personal observation? Nothing I posted was an observation. It's based on facts.

I don't need to verify anything to you, either. You know you're wrong and you're attempting to squirm out of it.

Are you questioning the fact the Flybe was sold out regularly? Easy to check.

Are you questioning the fact elderly people don't like standing for 110 minutes and it doesn't stop them going? Impossible to give you verifiable evidence, unless you're suggesting I get written confirmation with a signature from a few elderly people that I know stopped going because they're unable to stand for that long?

Or are you questioning the fact that you're including away figures, because you are?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 12:04 pm

Geez, has it not dawned on you yet that no one on here really gives a flying feck about Exeter?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 12:38 pm

He's come on here as a troll and found himself trolled. He's no Sturtz that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 1:33 pm

I'm pretty sure he's Ben Bradshaw. He deffo a politician staunchly sticking to the party line when all the facts available are ignored. Exeter the bigger club with less support go figure.
Back to top Go down
GrecianK

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 11:06 am

Ah still top and this thread title is looking more and more laughable
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 11:16 am

It's only a matter of time before it becomes relevant.....a stopped watch n all that.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 11:34 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
The Chiefs draw support from all over Devon and Cornwall as well.

Interestingly they've bottled 3 of their last 4 seasons as well. Must be something in the water.

The South West has always been strong on rugby not only through the years but currently through Exeter being able to field Luke Cowan-Dickie and Jack Nowell from Cornwall while Plymouth and Teignmouth supplied the Chiefs with Henry Slade and Sam Simmons - all England internationals. The Chiefs also supplied Scotland with Exeter born Sam Skinner Embarassed While being the only Premiership club that makes a profit, they do this by unearthing a plethora of local talent plus the signing and rebooting jaded/fading stars - although recently they did sign a world class player in Stuart Hogg of Scotland.

Yup! lost 3 out of 4 trips to HQ and all to Saracens....

.... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/premiership/11982510/Premiership-rugby-salary-cap-cover-up-is-a-scandal-which-cheats-fans.html
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 11:53 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Geez, has it not dawned on you yet that no one on here really gives a flying feck about Exeter?

I imagine the only greenie best pleased will be the Fat Pasotian who will be in clover watching ATD's finest temporally lay aside their pins and savage someone else. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 08, 2019 2:32 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
With the exeter public boycotting matches, i think the citys football club will remain shit for years to come.

Hmmm, been thinking have we? Looking at page 1 of ATD's collective musings and match forecasting talent displayed on Mayflower regarding the result of the Argyle vs Oldham match I don't think your collective thoughts should be cast aside lightly ... they should be thrown with great force. Wink
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 10:06 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Enough to make a thread about us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 10:50 am

Looks like the bookies prefer little old Exeter to Plymouth for promotion now, well I never..

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/promotion
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 12:00 pm

Geezer wrote:
Looks like the bookies prefer little old Exeter to Plymouth for promotion now, well I never..

That might have something to do with the fact that you are top of the league at the moment and we are 8th? geek
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 9:09 am

Geezer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Enough to make a thread about us Very Happy

Stuttered must have mixed feeling having brought about such a thread. I imagine he must feel much like the Dauphin* who thought it funny to send King Henry the fifth some tennis balls to amuse himself after Henry made a claim for the French throne through is mother.

Shakespeare had King Henry saying thus;

Tell you the Dauphin I am coming on,
to venge me as I may and to put forth
my rightful hand in a well-hallow'd cause.
So get you hence and in peace; and tell Stuttered
His jest will savour but of shallow wit,
WHEN THOUSANDS WEEP MORE THAN DID LAUGH AT IT. Wink

*crown prince
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 10:25 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Geezer wrote:

That might have something to do with the fact that you are top of the league at the moment and we are 8th? geek

Down to 12th now Les and pulling relentlessly away from our greenie chums. Still, it would be churlish of me not to congratulate you on a fine point at Crawley as I'd settle for a point there any day of the week.

What's happened to my Lord of Melbury? Such a poster that seems to have gone missing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 11:06 am

You'd think after the last 3 seasons of bottling it ( including 2 capitulations at Wembley) you'd learn to button it until you've got something to shout about. Here's your trophy for being top in September...........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 11:08 am

You'd think after the last 3 seasons of bottling it ( including 2 capitulations at Wembley) you'd learn to button it until you've got something to shout about. Here's your trophy for being top in September...........
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

Okay!!! I heard you the first bleeding time Wink

At long last we've got a new and promising bloke at the helm Hugh so I'm quietly optimistic. I just wonder if Tisdale/Stevie P could be persuaded to return to the West Country and take up the the reins at Humus Park if your current messiah bombs out?

I imagine that many a Greek with call it a match made in heaven.

Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Just as Argyle got shot of the mumbling Scotsman so City have rid themselves of the often over cautious cravat wearer. The result is a completely different game plan, a team which is a goodly mixture of youth and experience. (Five of the players last night have come through the Youth system). We also have a manager who speaks about games that I've witnessed, rather than games in his head. Once we've sorted out a couple of issues (like creating chances and then not putting them away) I do believe that City will put together a sustained challenge. True there are no trophies that are won in September, but City have a defence that can (i.e. defend) as opposed to one that is leaking goals. Even if this forum is for banter it's hardly appropriate at this stage of the season to be predicting season outcomes. However, just at the moment it's difficult not to be at least cautiously optimistic about the chances of both teams
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 12:04 pm

Perhaps this thread was regarding the disciplinary table, as we are currently lurking in the relegation places.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/fairplay
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 1:55 pm

Good for Devon football to have Exeter going well, I'm sure we will soon come good ourselves and i hope to see Torquay back in league football, the better and higher all three clubs can get can only help Devon's football profile.
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 9:47 am

PatDunne wrote:
Good for Devon football to have Exeter going well, I'm sure we will soon come good ourselves and i hope to see Torquay back in league football, the better and higher all three clubs can get can only help Devon's football profile.

Us and Torquay doing well definitely helps the profile of football here in Devon, but not sure why Plymouth would help that profile... Cornwall, perhaps? But you've already got Truro down there whom are doing well, and will probably meet you in the National League soon.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 2:43 pm

Despite having the most supported club in Devon and residing in Devon I don't really get your point. I guess when you get a little older and have more confidence to leave the town you were born in you may be able to improve your knowledge of geography and join in debates properly with the grows ups.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 4:18 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Agent Taylor has signed some right shite notably a couple of unwanted donkeys out of the Yovo dusbin...

Yeah, but he's an astute and fast learner, Suffy. Doubtlessly he has learned enough to know that If recent events prove to be true he really could have inherited a damn sight more shite than he could shake a stick at.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 6:12 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Agent Taylor has signed some right shite notably a couple of unwanted donkeys out of the Yovo dusbin...

Yeah, but he's an astute and fast learner, Suffy. Doubtlessly he has learned enough to know that If recent events prove to be true he really could have inherited a damn sight more shite than he could shake a stick at.
Taylor has done well to be fair, he will end up at a club with fans if he keeps this up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.
Page 5 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next