seadog
Earwegoagain
Cornish Rebel
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 3:10 pm

Brilliant POI simply sublime......

laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 3:27 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
The only other revamped stands I can think of that still have pillars in the view line, is Goodison Park and Craven Cottage but then they are somewhat iconic, unlike the good old Moanflower. I had a good look at it during the Brizzle game. I can see what people are saying about the lack of cover, agree in ten years time don't think it will look great with it's revamped retro look.
Unless you are a follower of the Newell sect of course, when we will have the best ground in Devon, and something to be proud of.

both grounds you mentioned are set to be demolished in a few years. well goodison is anyways craven cottage is set for a major revamp. But i agree they have history unlike us. The senior greens have alot to answer for lumbering us with a rehashed stand cause they are too old to embrace change.

Erm no we all have history ours goes back way over a hundred years, trouble is that the history is littered mainly by failure rather than glory, it's a bit like comparing Englands history to that of the welsh.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 4:06 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
The only other revamped stands I can think of that still have pillars in the view line, is Goodison Park and Craven Cottage but then they are somewhat iconic, unlike the good old Moanflower. I had a good look at it during the Brizzle game. I can see what people are saying about the lack of cover, agree in ten years time don't think it will look great with it's revamped retro look.
Unless you are a follower of the Newell sect of course, when we will have the best ground in Devon, and something to be proud of.

both grounds you mentioned are set to be demolished in a few years. well goodison is anyways craven cottage is set for a major revamp. But i agree they have history unlike us. The senior greens have alot to answer for lumbering us with a rehashed stand cause they are too old to embrace change.

Mentioned many times about the senior greens.

I remember they were pictured outside the civic centre with Brent when the original fiasco was unveiled.

General conception across PASOTI is that they are a bunch of harmless old coots but the reality is that they (in this case) have been more dangerous than anyone could have imagined.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 4:44 pm

I remember them well at the Cherry Tree, when their leader was thrown out they left in mass
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 5:01 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

I remember they were pictured outside the civic centre with Brent when the original fiasco was unveiled.

General conception across PASOTI is that they are a bunch of harmless old coots but the reality is that they (in this case) have been more dangerous than anyone could have imagined.

If anyone seriously thinks the senior greens decided if the revamped stand would be rid of stanchions or not is seriously deluded. The reality is the board took a vote and decided it was not worth saddling the club with the extra few million in debt (loan to Hallett) that it would cost. This was well reported at the time. You honestly think Brent would let the SG's decide how much money the club was going to spend?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 7:38 pm

Changing rooms area will be tarmac over tomorrow, base went down to day.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 7:48 pm

Bongo, Grandstand will be open in the last quarter.

Chief Executive Andrew Parkinson has confirmed that the club hopes to have the redeveloped Grandstand open in time for New Year's Day 2020
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 8:03 pm

Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

If anyone seriously thinks the senior greens decided if the revamped stand would be rid of stanchions or not is seriously deluded.  The reality is the board took a vote and decided it was not worth saddling the club with the extra few million in debt (loan to Hallett) that it would cost.  This was well reported at the time.  You honestly think Brent would let the SG's decide how much money the club was going to spend?

What i'm getting at is the senior greens were putty in the hands of brent with regards to the whole thing. Just another group of mugs in a line of mugs that made his land grab simple task.

You probably wont agree. because you agree to disagree about just about everything.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 8:18 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

What i'm getting at is the senior greens were putty in the hands of brent with regards to the whole thing. Just another group of mugs in a line of mugs that made his land grab simple task.

You probably wont agree. because you agree to disagree about just about everything.

The land grab happened (I think) the very day after Brent 'bought' Argyle, and so I doubt that Brent even knew who the SG's were, never mind 'consulted' with them.

..and I disagree a lot with "everything", because of late, this site seems to be under the influence of Harvetheslayer and a few other posters who for the most part do nothing but slag off everything the club does, or promote nonsense that simply isn't true.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 8:21 pm

Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

The land grab happened (I think) the very day after Brent 'bought' Argyle, and so I doubt that Brent even knew who the SG's were, never mind 'consulted' with them.

..and I disagree a lot with "everything", because of late, this site seems to be under the influence of Harvetheslayer and a few other posters who for the most part do nothing but slag off everything the club does, or promote nonsense that simply isn't true.

Well they obviously colluded with it, if like you say it started to happen a day into his tenure.

You an apologist for the dribbles now Rickler?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 8:32 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Well they obviously colluded with it, if like you say it stsrted to happen a day into his tenure.

You really are quite dense.

I am not apologizing for anything. I am merely relating the facts to you. Why am I not surprised you can't tell the difference.

...and since the SG's (like the rest of us, probably didn't know the land grab was going to happen - as it happened the day after Brent took control) the SG's "Colluded" with Brent about as much as you did.

Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 8:39 pm

Rickler wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Well they obviously colluded with it, if like you say it stsrted to happen a day into his tenure.

You really are quite dense.

I am not apologizing for anything.  I am merely relating the facts to you.  Why am I not surprised you can't tell the difference.

...and since the SG's (like the rest of us, probably didn't know the land grab was going to happen - as it happened the day after Brent took control) the SG's "Colluded" with Brent about as much as you did.

Yet the Senior dribbles invited Brent on nearly every one of their away coaches, something which he took them up on a couple of times.
Something was going on then because this went on right up until Brent went.
Regardless of when the land grab started, the dribbles where with him since day one, no matter how much he creamed off from the club.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 8:42 pm

The land grab in it's infancy would probably have started after a meeting with Mr Guilfoyle.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 9:24 pm

The Senior Greens meeting.

Who can forget it. Brent Asking about ATD , yes this very forum live on video camera.

Senior Greens in unison acting like ****** schoolchildren under the influence of their Rothchild masters command and I quote "Who thinks ATD brings anything positive to Argyle"
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 9:35 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
The Senior Greens meeting.

Who can forget it. Brent Asking about ATD , yes this very forum live on video camera.

Senior Greens in unison acting like ****** schoolchildren under the influence of their Rothchild masters command and I quote "Who thinks ATD brings anything positive to Argyle"

Like Brent's opening comments down the Stoke club. Not hello or I'm James ect but "I won't be answering any questions about Ian Newell or Chris Webb"
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 10:51 pm

Brent asked about ATD at a Fans Forum not a Senior Greens meeting which are held on Thursday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 11:23 pm

green_genie wrote:
Brent asked about ATD at a Fans Forum not a Senior Greens meeting which are held on Thursday afternoon.

You'd have to think he asked out of ignorance as I'm sure his PR Guru/Social media sanitizer/chauffeur would have been his first port of call to find anything out about ATD.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 6:36 am

Rickler you really are an absolute twat, "under the influence of harve and a few other posters"....you constantly bring me into conversations at any opportunity and yet I simply never do the opposite. You're literally obsessed are you batting for both sides or something ?

As for slagging off the club you'll find just one item where I have in that the club has been appalling over the clusterfuck and yet on multiple occasions I have stated it will be a huge improvement when completed and as recently as last week.
Its a pity the blocking feature doesnt take into account quoted passages
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 7:37 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Rickler you really are an absolute twat, "under the influence of harve and a few other posters"....you constantly bring me into conversations at any opportunity and yet I simply never do the opposite. You're literally obsessed are you batting for both sides or something ?

As for slagging off the club you'll find just one item where I have in that the club has been appalling over the clusterfuck and yet on multiple occasions I have stated it will be a huge improvement when completed and as recently as last week.

You're delusional.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 7:41 am

Tgwu wrote:
Bongo, Grandstand will be open in the last quarter.

Chief Executive Andrew Parkinson has confirmed that the club hopes to have the redeveloped Grandstand open in time for New Year's Day 2020

I said the same a few weeks ago. A good way to get a home crowd sell out.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 8:25 am

Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

You're delusional.

Try the decaf for a change Rickler. You are as zealous as your president.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 8:36 am

Bob Crow wrote:
Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

You're delusional.

Try the decaf for a change Rickler. You are as zealous as your president.

Lol.. Harve's bitch has been summoned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 9:08 am

Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

When Brent landed with his 0.06p in the pound to unsecured creditors and deferred back pay to staff, he identified certain sections of the support as being useful. He had Newell desperate to be someone at the club regardless of the clubs status, Webby an opportunist willing to piggy back on anything to get on and the senior greens with the feudalist instincts in forming a praetorian guard around the fine gentlemen. Then you had a totally supine local media

This all led to the utterly incorrect perception that Brent was a philanthropist when nothing could be further from the truth. Thanks to this his 7 years at the club were pretty much plain sailing and he was able to do more or less what the hell he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 9:39 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

When Brent landed with his 0.06p in the pound to unsecured creditors and deferred back pay to staff, he identified certain sections of the support as being useful. He had Newell desperate to be someone at the club regardless of the clubs status, Webby an opportunist willing to piggy back on anything to get on and the senior greens with the feudalist instincts in forming a praetorian guard around the fine gentlemen. Then you had a totally supine local media

This all led to the utterly incorrect perception that Brent was a philanthropist when nothing could be further from the truth. Thanks to this his 7 years at the club were pretty much plain sailing and he was able to do more or less what the hell he wanted.

And he still rides into the sunset with his pot of loot and his land he got for nothing to build his ice shed on do he can flog the pavilions off for his pension pot.
The senior dribbles ideals of philanthropists are Brent and Newell.... says it all.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 9:45 am

I wonder if a close to accurate as possible sum of the amount of cash and monetary value of the land combined could be come up with for the amount he's walked away better off with?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next