The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 The Mankover all action Thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Bob Crow

Bob Crow

Posts : 1135
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : The Pioneers suite.

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 9:46 am

Rickler wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:
Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Rickler you really are an absolute twat, "under the influence of harve and a few other posters"....you constantly bring me into conversations at any opportunity and yet I simply never do the opposite. You're literally obsessed are you batting for both sides or something ?

As for slagging off the club you'll find just one item where I have in that the club has been appalling over the clusterfuck and yet on multiple occasions I have stated it will be a huge improvement when completed and as recently as last week.
Its a pity the blocking feature doesnt take into account quoted passages

You're delusional.

Try the decaf for a change Rickler. You are as zealous as your president.

Lol..  Harve's bitch has been summoned.

Go back in your box Jamboy......00
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5189
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 11:16 am

Bob Crow wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:
Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Rickler you really are an absolute twat, "under the influence of harve and a few other posters"....you constantly bring me into conversations at any opportunity and yet I simply never do the opposite. You're literally obsessed are you batting for both sides or something ?

As for slagging off the club you'll find just one item where I have in that the club has been appalling over the clusterfuck and yet on multiple occasions I have stated it will be a huge improvement when completed and as recently as last week.
Its a pity the blocking feature doesnt take into account quoted passages

You're delusional.

Try the decaf for a change Rickler. You are as zealous as your president.

Lol..  Harve's bitch has been summoned.

Go back in your box Jamboy......00

lol he'll lay off for a few days Bob then sure as night follows day another pop in my direction will land. He gets a semi whenever he sees an opportunity to steam in.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5509
Join date : 2017-09-09

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 2:15 pm

Talking of dribblers here's a great post by Army Green on the vile site,

We’ve just been relegated back to league two, it took 5 or 6 years to get out of this league last time and then we couldn’t even stay in league one for more than two seasons, let alone push for the championship. We’re a million miles away from it right now.

And that has everything to do with Brent and feck all to do with the championship. The CCC or league 2 in the old days has never been obtainable on fourth tier wages and budgets and that, plus inept leadership is what has cost us. Time to change the record.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Bob Crow

Posts : 1135
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : The Pioneers suite.

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 2:51 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Talking of dribblers here's a great post by Army Green on the vile site,

We’ve just been relegated back to league two, it took 5 or 6 years to get out of this league last time and then we couldn’t even stay in league one for more than two seasons, let alone push for the championship. We’re a million miles away from it right now.

And that has everything to do with Brent and feck all to do with the championship. The CCC or league 2 in the old days has never been obtainable on fourth tier wages and budgets and that, plus inept leadership is what has cost us. Time to change the record.

Transfer fees in excess of £12 million are being paid by Championship clubs. Anyone one on the farm who was adamant Brent could have sustained a team in the championship as per his claims needs their head examined.
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin
P.O.I

Posts : 1546
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 93
Location : Kingdom Of Kernow

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Sort it out, Bungo. FFS.Rolling Eyes

WC 1 still off.
WC 2 someone's twatted it.
WC 3 same angle for months now.

_______________________________________
A man once said "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 11440
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 70
Location : plymouth

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 3:30 pm

What I pick up this afternoon

Bungo outside Devonport end talking with group of four.

Talk to a workman who is renewing the channel running the length of the grandstand (pitch side) where the pitch border fence will be. They have not decided if they going to replace the astro turf there. (money) I told him nice to see him on the webcam,  (I think he moved-it)

There a Scousers putting in the gates and fence down by the changing rooms, should be finished tomorrow. Same area and round the front of the GT bar tomorrow final taring.

Lorries are taking away a lot of spoil that runs alongside the path from GT bar leading to the away end, it is being taken to land fill in Plymstock. They plan to build a Devon wall along the path and Argyle  boundary fence will be inside.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5189
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 5:22 pm

I dont think some on Nools dribblers site are quite up to speed with just how much the GTs need to take to break even week by week....

Ade the green.....

"Absolutely and whilst I don’t expect it to be open on a dreary Sunday afternoon with no chance of custom i’d hope it might be feasible for major sporting occasions like world cups etc"

Mate it needs to be open 7/7 as the FP was in its prime and 6/7 when it wasnt not just occasional sporting events !

Biggs even more clueless states.....

"I'd love to go for a walk in Central Park, swim in the Life Centre, then beer and a pasty watching a game in the GTs bar......Easier said than done because it requires staff and supplies, and it's a tad out of the way being deep into the HHP site"

Yes Biggs and thats exactly why its doomed to utter failure and a lot of people losing a lot of money....
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Bob Crow

Posts : 1135
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : The Pioneers suite.

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 5:42 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
I dont think some on Nools dribblers site are quite up to speed with just how much the GTs need to take to break even week by week....

Ade the green.....

"Absolutely and whilst I don’t expect it to be open on a dreary Sunday afternoon with no chance of custom i’d hope it might be feasible for major sporting occasions like world cups etc"

Mate it needs to be open 7/7 as the FP was in its prime and 6/7 when it wasnt not just occasional sporting events !

Biggs even more clueless states.....

"I'd love to go for a walk in Central Park, swim in the Life Centre, then beer and a pasty watching a game in the GTs bar......Easier said than done because it requires staff and supplies, and it's a tad out of the way being deep into the HHP site"

Yes Biggs and thats exactly why its doomed to utter failure and a lot of people losing a lot of money....

Just as ridiculous as when Nool and Pissyflaps had some delusional idea that people would exit the life centre after a 90 minute cardio session and pop straight into the KFC opposite that Jimmy touted for developers to pay him to build.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 5:56 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
I dont think some on Nools dribblers site are quite up to speed with just how much the GTs need to take to break even week by week....

Ade the green.....

"Absolutely and whilst I don’t expect it to be open on a dreary Sunday afternoon with no chance of custom i’d hope it might be feasible for major sporting occasions like world cups etc"

Mate it needs to be open 7/7 as the FP was in its prime and 6/7 when it wasnt not just occasional sporting events !

Biggs even more clueless states.....

"I'd love to go for a walk in Central Park, swim in the Life Centre, then beer and a pasty watching a game in the GTs bar......Easier said than done because it requires staff and supplies, and it's a tad out of the way being deep into the HHP site"

Yes Biggs and thats exactly why its doomed to utter failure and a lot of people losing a lot of money....

I wouldn’t worry about the investors losing money, don’t recall anybody’s arm being twisted, unless of course there’s a slight concern that they just might get a return
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin
P.O.I

Posts : 1546
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 93
Location : Kingdom Of Kernow

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 2:37 pm

The Mayflower seating arrangements are now showing on the baggo.

Looks like they won't be selling tickets, or there won't be any seats in the top corner of the upper east end of the grandstand. Or, maybe they haven't decided whether to reduce the prices yet because of the restricted view!  Waddya fink?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_______________________________________
A man once said "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”


Last edited by P.O.I on Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5189
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 3:02 pm

Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
I dont think some on Nools dribblers site are quite up to speed with just how much the GTs need to take to break even week by week....

Ade the green.....

"Absolutely and whilst I don’t expect it to be open on a dreary Sunday afternoon with no chance of custom i’d hope it might be feasible for major sporting occasions like world cups etc"

Mate it needs to be open 7/7 as the FP was in its prime and 6/7 when it wasnt not just occasional sporting events !

Biggs even more clueless states.....

"I'd love to go for a walk in Central Park, swim in the Life Centre, then beer and a pasty watching a game in the GTs bar......Easier said than done because it requires staff and supplies, and it's a tad out of the way being deep into the HHP site"

Yes Biggs and thats exactly why its doomed to utter failure and a lot of people losing a lot of money....

I wouldn’t worry about the investors losing money, don’t recall anybody’s arm being twisted, unless of course there’s a slight concern that they just might get a return

They are getting a return 5% per annum. I (and anyone else for that matter) who knew the FP well will all to a man tell you the same exact story. Heaving on matchdays partially dependant on how the club were doing obviously but well busy period
But Sunday through Thursday nights you'd get 2-4 punters in nightly (maybe) and on a Friday 10-15 (maybe). There was no overheads as such no outgoings to pay to investors and annual profits filtered back to the club

This GTs set up is so far removed from that with enormous overheads, enormous interest rates, enormous capital to be repaid but lo and behold its in an identical location as the FP and come wet and windy Autumn Winters and close season no sod goes to a pub in the park where its double the price of Weatherspoons down the road

Yep the novelty value will get a few in first year on non matchdays of course but watch it dwindle to single figures come a year down the road
What they need is very strong bookings for private functions if they're going to succeed but you wont get them in that location
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Bob Crow

Posts : 1135
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : The Pioneers suite.

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 3:45 pm

P.O.I wrote:
The Mayflower seating arrangements are now showing on the baggo.

Looks like they won't be selling tickets, or there won't be any seats in the top corner of the upper east end of the grandstand. Or, maybe they haven't decided whether to reduce the prices yet because of the restricted view!  Waddya fink?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That area was empty (well disused seats) in the old stand as the view of between the corner flag and goal was completely impeded. I know a lot of the old upper Mayflower had obscured views, but the said area had no view at all. It wasn't even used for the Liverpool game.
Back to top Go down
RD104



Posts : 38
Join date : 2013-08-17

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 3:48 pm

Not sure why they wouldn't get plenty of event bookings.

They certainly did in the windy old tent, why would this dwindle when the new offering is a modern, well presented venue with excellent views over both the Home Park pitch (if that floats your boat) and Central Park itself.

The Far Post club might of catered for football fans on a match day, but the comparisons dry up after that, especially in terms of quality of venue.

I'm no expert, but I think I'm going to be pleasantly surprised at the finished articles of both the refurbished Grandstand and the Supporter bars, but then again I don't have an axe to constantly grind.

As been eluded to earlier, if you've not tied up your own money in the project, I wouldn't worry too much.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 3:59 pm

P.O.I wrote:
The Mayflower seating arrangements are now showing on the baggo.

Looks like they won't be selling tickets, or there won't be any seats in the top corner of the upper east end of the grandstand. Or, maybe they haven't decided whether to reduce the prices yet because of the restricted view!  Waddya fink?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I ended up sat up in that corner when we played Gillingham when we won division two,
So they used to sell those seats or they sold them to who I used to go with at the time,
Before I started sitting in block 15/16
Back to top Go down
Dingle



Posts : 751
Join date : 2012-01-23

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 4:10 pm

Didn't the Far Post used to run teams for dominoes, eucre etc back in the dark ages? Fashions change though,how many working mens, conservative clubs are thriving nowadays with drink drive laws and smoking bans as well. I'm sure the GT club will be a great success on match days, for private functions, comedy nights. Potentially also feasible for watching big sporting events - assuming the license charges aren't prohibitive. Best of luck GTs.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 11440
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 70
Location : plymouth

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Plymouth Argyle FC

Verified account

@Only1Argyle
2h2 hours ago
More
Incredible to think that all this has happened in just one year - 12 short months ago, we signed the main contract for the Mayflower Grandstand redevelopment
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 5:56 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
I dont think some on Nools dribblers site are quite up to speed with just how much the GTs need to take to break even week by week....

Ade the green.....

"Absolutely and whilst I don’t expect it to be open on a dreary Sunday afternoon with no chance of custom i’d hope it might be feasible for major sporting occasions like world cups etc"

Mate it needs to be open 7/7 as the FP was in its prime and 6/7 when it wasnt not just occasional sporting events !

Biggs even more clueless states.....

"I'd love to go for a walk in Central Park, swim in the Life Centre, then beer and a pasty watching a game in the GTs bar......Easier said than done because it requires staff and supplies, and it's a tad out of the way being deep into the HHP site"

Yes Biggs and thats exactly why its doomed to utter failure and a lot of people losing a lot of money....

I wouldn’t worry about the investors losing money, don’t recall anybody’s arm being twisted, unless of course there’s a slight concern that they just might get a return

They are getting a return 5% per annum. I (and anyone else for that matter) who knew the FP well will all to a man tell you the same exact story. Heaving on matchdays partially dependant on how the club were doing obviously but well busy period
But Sunday through Thursday nights you'd get 2-4 punters in nightly (maybe) and on a Friday 10-15 (maybe). There was no overheads as such no outgoings to pay to investors and annual profits filtered back to the club

This GTs set up is so far removed from that with enormous overheads, enormous interest rates, enormous capital to be repaid but lo and behold its in an identical location as the FP and come wet and windy Autumn Winters and close season no sod goes to a pub in the park where its double the price of Weatherspoons down the road

Yep the novelty value will get a few in first year on non matchdays of course but watch it dwindle to single figures come a year down the road
What they need is very strong bookings for private functions if they're going to succeed but you wont get them in that location

I know the investors have been offered 5% return but what I don’t fully understand is how that will happen as according to you there’s not a cat in hells chance the GT’s can be profitable.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Posts : 10655
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 57
Location : Berkshire

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 7:32 pm

I think Harve is just pointing out that with his experience of working in the FP he doesn't believe there is the client base to get that sort of return to investors, service any loans etc. Proof will be forthcoming after the first year of its opening. I personally think 5% is a bit on the generous side but we will see.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

Posts : 1264
Join date : 2013-04-06

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 7:59 pm

The FP was a shithole with nothing but the charactertures to stand it out from any other social club.

The GTs suite upstairs will be a popular venue for parties with it's balcony overlooking Central Park . I fully expect the club to screw them by taking it over early when it is more popular than the bodged in corporate suite with views of pitch obscured by the disabled area.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5189
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 8:26 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I think Harve is just pointing out that with his experience of working in the FP he doesn't believe there is the client base to get that sort of return to investors, service any loans etc. Proof will be forthcoming after the first year of its opening. I personally think 5% is a bit on the generous side but we will see.

The 5% is the easy bit . What isnt is the repayment of now £1,400,000 overall cost in 5 years. You aint even started on overheads, staffing, insurance, Sky fees (you'll get absolutely no one in without that) and all the rest of the day to day running costs

I know how much booze is wholesale. My long time mate still runs boozer in Plymouth and previously 3 in Spain. He is so anal he has spreadsheets updated daily. When I toild him the broad outline he just laughed out loud and said impossible..... He was with me throughout the late 80's and 90's up the FP so he knows the "area" and passing trade (non existant).....its not like the old days either very few drink and drive these days thankfully

Just using the interest and capital number above they need to net £6730 a week just to pay back investors never mind the gross take needed to produce enough net to cover everything. We havent sold a pint of beer yet lol. What planet is Garry McGuire on because its not planet earth.

I'd estimate knowing mark ups they'd need to take around £18,000 to £20,000 a week 52 weeks a year at the tills.....you dont need an abacus to realise nothing adds up.  The one possible saviour is bookings 4-5 times a week. They wont get them because of location simple as that apart from initial flurry.
Revisit this thread in 3 years time and the gnashing and wailing of teeth will be heard from Exeter
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 11:12 am

So no 5% return then and every investor has wasted their cash ?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5432
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 11:47 am

The club should be running the supporters bar, not the Tentmen, this is just another mess left by Brent, the Tentmen ignore the fan base and keep everything secret its only going to be for Real Mates and the select few, on my occasional visit to hp i will stick with the pub.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5432
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 11:50 am

Graiser wrote:
So no 5% return then and every investor has wasted their cash ?
Harv, posted something interesting and gave his veiw on the matter, you attacking every poster is sad but predictable.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5189
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 3:21 pm

Graiser wrote:
So no 5% return then and every investor has wasted their cash ?

lol well I guess the builder who lobbed in £50,000 is actually expecting to get his annual £2,500 interest and doubtless hoping he gets his 50 large back again after 5 years.
I doubt even Nooly considered his cheque an outright gift
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin
P.O.I

Posts : 1546
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 93
Location : Kingdom Of Kernow

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 3:23 pm

Wow - that's pretty impressive compared to the old changing rooms.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_______________________________________
A man once said "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
The Mankover all action Thread.
Back to top 
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: