Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Mankover all action Thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 3442
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:35 pm

I guess they are having the conversation about what will be easier, submit a new seperate planning app for mankover or discharge the drainage problems? With Brent in charge of the drainage we know which would be quicker.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 3442
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:36 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I see on PASOTI porky is now allowing mankover threads on the main forum.
Whatever happened to keeping it separate from the main board?

Another u turn.

Not really its a continuation of Porkies drainage issues denial. He's a desperate man.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3714
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
I see on PASOTI porky is now allowing mankover threads on the main forum.
Whatever happened to keeping it separate from the main board?

Another u turn.

Not really its a continuation of Porkies drainage issues denial. He's a desperate man.

Its just a mess
Ignoring that since April they have been knocking stuff down one brick at a time and its now November just WTF has happened with that club shop. Bungo Back said it would be open 7 weeks ago ??
How long does it take joiners to fit the place out. A week ??  They been on it 3 months plus and then some ??

Sounds to me as if the planners gave them bit a leeway told them to crane em in start fitting them out on the basis they wanted to see concrete drainage work carried out with immediate effect in the interim. Brent did absolutely nothing.
Planners therefore pulled the plug and told them all work to stop.

Back to enablement only.

Lets not forget the GTs fiasco either now in exactly the same position regards the drainage going absolutely nowhere

popcorn
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4530
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:16 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Here's one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's a Lemon Sole
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin


Posts : 895
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 92
Location : Kingdom Of The Kuntasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:54 pm

Looking at the state of the steel work, all that is going to be fit for re-use, maybe, is the upright pillars! I can't help but think the whole lot has to come down and start again from the bottom, up!

So, would it still be a refurb? or a new build?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_______________________________________
East bound and down, loaded up and trukin, we're going to do what they said can't be done. We gotta a long way to go and a short time to get there. I'm east bound just watch old bandit run! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 3442
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:12 pm

Feck all wrong with that steel. Blast off, Owatrol and a decent paint system it's probably better than new Chinese. If they are getting rid of it I'll have it.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4530
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:13 pm

Knock it down!
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

avatar

Posts : 964
Join date : 2016-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:38 pm

P.O.I wrote:
Looking at the state of the steel work, all that is going to be fit for re-use, maybe, is the upright pillars! I can't help but think the whole lot has to come down and start again from the bottom, up!

So, would it still be a refurb? or a new build?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'd imagine some very rigorous testing will have to take place on it. Here's hoping it fails so they can do the job properly.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3714
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:35 am

The top sections are bent outa shape I assume from getting the roof off. Doesnt look too bad elsewhere bit of surface rust there.
As Yea man says doubtless they'll be inspected closely and stress tested.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 848
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:26 am

akagreengull wrote:
Knock it down!

Indeed !
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3082
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:42 am

A fitting reminder of Brent's squatting falsehoods, and his vision for Plymouth. What a man.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 4449
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:00 am

Yea Man wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
Looking at the state of the steel work, all that is going to be fit for re-use, maybe, is the upright pillars! I can't help but think the whole lot has to come down and start again from the bottom, up!

So, would it still be a refurb? or a new build?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'd imagine some very rigorous testing will have to take place on it. Here's hoping it fails so they can do the job properly.

We can but hope. Personally I'd favour knocking the entire thing down and going forward with a three sided ground until such time a proper 10,000 plus capacity stand can be built. We all know there will be no fantasy 'stage 2'. I'd rather that than the club be saddled with a huge mortgage for decades for a totally inadequate undersized 3/4 length mankover with paying fans unlucky enough to sit in the lower tier getting piss wet through. It's rubbish! Scrap the mankover now!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4530
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:07 am

I hope Hallett is reading your comments Freathy - I doubt it somehow.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 10672
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 69
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:34 am

Jon can you pick another date from the air for the opening of the new shop/ticket building?

posted by him in July

It will take around four weeks to fully fit the new shop out, so expect to walk through the double doors in the middle of our old façade and be wowed towards the end of September.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4667
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:53 am

Hallet needs to get a professinal qualified project manager in to rescue this half arsed nightmare, ideally the whole lot wants levelling, but this is Plymuff village so the best of a bad job mankover is all we can expect.
Back to top Go down
beesrus

avatar

Posts : 3082
Join date : 2016-11-23
Location : Victoria Services, Cornwall

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:23 am

Fore shore Si's continuing silence must herald a rethink. No ?
The question is what shape will it take.  At the moment it looks awfully like a rusty padlock job aimed at the council, especially when one considers the partial buy back of HHP is "conditional". Is Hallett in on the same vision as brent ? Nobody knows, and he's in no rush to speak, given his busy schedule. No hurry, next year will do. LOL.
No wonder Felwick didn't fancy it.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 4667
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:30 am

Lowering expectations was Jimmy's greatest achievement according to a persistent jizzer, the mankover will be late and gash but wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem stilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll gratefullllllllllllllllllllllllllllll cheers cheers cheers geek
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

avatar

Posts : 3442
Join date : 2017-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:44 am

Si's continuing silence will last as long as his tenure I reckon. He doesn't seem like a gabby type. Can't say I blame him, every statement by a manager, chairman/owner is nothing more than white noise aimed to fill a few columns at the local supportive local rag. Here for those that want it I'll do one now.

Although a lifelong fan of the Greens new Argyle owner and Chairman Simon Hallett says he has been overwhelmed by the passion of the Green Army. "It's just another level really and quite humbling" he answered when asked about how he has found the supporters at Home Park. This club really seems like its a sleeping giant and Simon says there is no reason why we shouldn't be in the CCC in five years time. "James has built some really solid foundations for the club to build on now" he said without a trace of humour or irony, "with Jon Back as project manager despite a few niggles the Grandstand refurb is really gathering steam now and we await with bated breath the opening which will probably be within the next four weeks to four years."
Interesting times at the Theatre of Schemes.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4530
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:53 am

Backing Back beautifully. geek jocolor elephant
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

avatar

Posts : 848
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:48 am

When he said things will be the same I found it disturbing, deeply disturbing.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4530
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:52 am

looks like they may be - sadly.
Back to top Go down
Bandwagon

avatar

Posts : 1108
Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : Dorchester

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:57 pm

Freathy wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
Looking at the state of the steel work, all that is going to be fit for re-use, maybe, is the upright pillars! I can't help but think the whole lot has to come down and start again from the bottom, up!

So, would it still be a refurb? or a new build?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'd imagine some very rigorous testing will have to take place on it. Here's hoping it fails so they can do the job properly.

We can but hope.  Personally I'd favour knocking the entire thing down and going forward with a three sided ground until such time a proper 10,000 plus capacity stand can be built. We all know there will be no fantasy 'stage 2'.  I'd rather that than the club be saddled with a huge mortgage for decades for a totally inadequate undersized 3/4 length mankover with paying fans unlucky enough to sit in the lower tier getting piss wet through. It's rubbish!  Scrap the mankover now!
Agree with that - would have been happy if they had just rehoused the old Mayflower seats from a while back and hang on till someone with vision dropped in - at least there's no going back now, they've really gone too far this time!!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 3714
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:41 pm

^^^

We're obviously past the point of no return now. If its condemned for any reason (unknown until now) than its game over and end of days
3 sided ground for the forseeable future

What a Legacy Brent what a guy...
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 11288
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:21 pm

that steal is shot
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 8100
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:33 pm

I know the main supporting steels were always staying in situ, but I'm surprised the 70-odd year old trusses are being kept. What exactly was the 'extra' £1m for?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   

Back to top Go down
 
The Mankover all action Thread.
Back to top 
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: