zyph
Czarcasm
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 4:00 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
On a separate note I see the Herald's 'troll' has wrote an article praising the land grabber.

Herald ok now then Ian ?

salute

That's 'NOOLISM' for you.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 4:44 pm

The outlooks bright now the dark days of Brent are over, fully expect the Mankover to be completed  at last.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 5:31 pm

I thought you weren't a fan of the mankover Suffers ?
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 5:35 pm

beesrus wrote:

Most people outside of the Senior dribblers/Aviva's/Nooligan and Brentophile demographic aren't fans of the mankover Bees.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 5:43 pm

They are still working on fence under lights
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 5:44 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The outlooks bright now the dark days of Brent are over, fully expect the Mankover to be completed  at last.

i hope so SS68 i really do.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 6:03 pm

beesrus wrote:
Not a fan of it Bhey, it will be a millstone around the clubs neck for the next thirty years, which is how long it will take to pay back Si, what i mean is at least it will get finished now the Circus has left town.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Poor old Nikkk is fighting a losing battle on Free Chat, claiming that all is on schedule as planned and all down to James Brent's astute guardianship of the project.

The further delay to the GT bar is, in the grand scheme of things of little consequence, obviously nothing to do with the above.

How long will Lord Haw Haw style misinformation campaign continue? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 8:03 pm

seadog wrote:
Poor old Nikkk is fighting a losing battle on Free Chat, claiming that all is on schedule as planned and all down to James Brent's astute guardianship of the project.

The further delay to the GT bar is, in the grand scheme of things of little consequence, obviously nothing to do with the above.

How long will Lord Haw Haw style misinformation campaign continue? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nickkkkkkkk will always take exception to anything he does not like on the internet.

Personally I find him OK but I'm not a fan of his business interests nor the people he chooses to rub shoulders with at football.

I hope he chooses to rectify the error of his ways.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 8:12 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
seadog wrote:

Nickkkkkkkk will always take exception to anything he does not like on the internet.

Personally I find him OK but I'm not a fan of his business interests nor the people he chooses to rub shoulders with at football.

I hope he chooses to rectify the error of his ways.
Suprised President Janners,not despached him to the home of the free to tell us freeeeeeeeeks we aint prapper faaaaaaaanz Pig Pig Pig lol lol
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 4:47 am

What a mess.

GT's now further delayed and once again its confirmed planning permission does not yet exist overall for refurb. Still enablement work only. Drainage not been touched apparently from Argyles side. SWW have completed their bit but zero attempt by Brents outfit to rectify our part

Wonder if Brent and now Hallett were brazen enough to have actually said feck the planning just get on with it
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 8:44 am

Cherry Picker whacking that roof off early today

Hail Lord Hallett..... fishing
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 9:00 am

Great to see work is now taking off, am looking forward to the new stand and all those windy corners being filled in and a great new supporters shop and bar as well.
Well done James Brent.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 9:04 am

no more getting wet sat on the terrace and no more pillar obstructed views, well done James Brent.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 9:08 am

PatDunne wrote:
no more getting wet sat on the terrace and no more pillar obstructed views, well done James Brent.

Lets hope the roof doesnt spill too far across the pitch what with Maceys kicking
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:14 am

Is the old Boardroom going to be knocked down?
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 5:15 pm

Now that the roof is starting to come off finally something remotely of note is happening at the mankover after 6 months. After the land grabber has departed I might add.

I see old Pork chop has allowed a thread about the roof to remain on the main forum! After creating a separate page for 'move along nothing to see here' 6 months lack of progress to take the heat of his lord and master he now lets a mankover thread to remain on his 'lets just talk about the football' page.

Noolism at its' best.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 8:06 am

I have not seen some many worker as there today, pouring concrete from the changing rooms

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 8:28 am

Tgwu wrote:
I have not seen some many works as there today, pouring concrete from the changing rooms

New broom in town.
Whatever it ends up looking like nobody on ATD will disagree that it will look a sight better if finished than last god knows how many years

Hail Lord Hallett corners on the way...
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 8:33 am

Just looked on cam 2 yes half the roof gone, if the club was ambitious and had had a proper owner they would carry on and dismantle the rest of it and start again with a new stand not a pretend 'new' stand.
Still good to see something tangible happening symbolic really given the shyster slithering off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 8:56 am

Looking at those webcams pics, I can't get my head around the fact they're going to refurbish what scant remains are going to be left. Surely, surely to feck it would have made sense to just build new rather than be lumbered with a 'value engineered' 60 year old pile of rusting steel! and 30 years of more debt!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 9:02 am

akagreengull wrote:
Just looked on cam 2 yes half the roof gone, if the club was ambitious and had had a proper owner they would carry on and dismantle the rest of it and start again with a new stand not a pretend 'new' stand.
Still good to see something tangible happening symbolic really given the shyster slithering off.
It's intriguing to watch as they snip away at the ancillary crap - can't wait to see the rusting steel frame alone. Incredible to think they are saving so much cash building off a skeleton of 70 year old steel which surely hampers any 'new design & layout'. In the 21st century we must be the only club showing such obvious nativity and foresite!!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 9:03 am

P.O.I wrote:
Looking at those webcams pics, I can't get my head around the fact they're going to refurbish what scant remains are going to be left. Surely, surely to feck it would have made sense to just build new rather than be lumbered with a 'value engineered' 60 year old pile of rusting steel! and 30 years of more debt!

Totally agree.

Probably down solely to cost. A cantilevered roof would cost more than pillars. If you are using pillars might as well use the ones you have already.

Crazy really when not so long ago PCC had £5m on the table and asked Argyle to match it. Brent pushed for more. PCC walked away amidst much acrimony.

Now we're getting a refurb at a cost to the club of £7m or so and counting when we could have a had a brand new grandstand with no pillars for £5m.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 9:22 am

What's the bets they'll finish stripping it all out, then find the remaining few pillars of steel are too rusty or weak to do anything with!

So what then? Hallet the mallet takes it on the chin and say's oh, fuuck it - here's 15 million, build yourself a new stand, or, going on previous weirdo logic used, just replace the crappy steel and continue with the mankover? Which, in essence, would be a new build anyway!   drunken

All hypothetical, of course!

Last edited by P.O.I on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 9:28 am

Don't think many would argue that some modern grounds are anonomous and lacking character, but HP is hardly Craven cottage.
This 'renovation' is a massive opportunity lost. Was chatting to a Blackburn fan yesterday evening I met in spoons (Issac Merritt) paignton. He had been to HP many times over the years, I explained about the mankover and he said immediately just knock it down and finish the ground off properly.
Boy if you think Brent was bad he doesn't
compare to the Venkeys. Shit football is so corrupt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next