Rickler
sufferedsince 68
Sir Francis Drake
Bob Crow
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Graiser wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
"ARGYLE fans are to get the stadium they deserve"

I stopped reading after these first 9 words.

There’s an element of truth to that statement

No, I'm not lying. I really did stop reading after those first 9 words.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:47 pm

Didn't PAFC cough up the extra when it was decided to replace the roof as well ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 2:52 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Is anybody  in the local media ever gunna grow a pair of bollocks to stick it on Brent ..it’s as if there shit scared of the little prick ffs

Hear hear.

bunch of spineless pricks, they only grow a backbone when confronting a pensioner on his own ie maccauley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 2:58 pm

ARGYLE fans are to get the stadium they deserve as the main building contract for the redeveloped grandstand at Home Park is signed.

so we deserve a makeover of a run down stand that should have been knocked down years ago over building a new one despite it being promised for over 17 years by 3 different chairmen and 3 different sets owners of the ground. Not to mention decreasing overall capacity and once built it cant be made over again to expand and/or extend the stand to increase its capacity due to the shit behind it. Not to mention also the corners being built into for stage 1 rendering stage 2 obsolete as its just not going to happen. oh yes we are so luck and fortunte to be mugged off with this pisspoor excuse of a redevelopment.

when will some fans wake up and realise they should want the best for the club not one mans pension pot.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 3:17 pm

they won't wake up thats the problem, still wondering where that extra million and a half is gonna come from,hope its not to the further detriment of the playing squad budget.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 3:39 pm

I reckon the mill and a half has come already from the scousers and player sales.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 3:42 pm

Might be worth trying to get a sit down with dunsford ask the question, no way they will be transparent enough to tell us willingly
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 7:40 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I reckon the mill and a half has come already from the scousers and player sales.

Of course it did. But it will never be admitted.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 pm

The grandstand refurbishment is now going to cost £6.5m.

The original budget of £5m was made up of a £4.1m mortgage and £900,000 from the directors in the form of equity.

The Herald article states quite clearly: "The cost of the work on the Mayflower Grandstand is primarily being funded by a long-term loan plus share equity from vice chairman Simon Hallett and his wife, Jane."

So has there been a new share issue resulting in Brent now owning less than 50.1%, has the extra £1.5m been added to the £4.1m that has been in place for yonks or has the extra £1.5m come out of club income which could have been spent on the team?

If the latter it isn't a huge leap of logic to suggest that the escalating grandstand costs actually made the difference between us being promoted last season or not.

Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 8:05 pm

I did hear a while ago the delay was due to a stalemate after Hallett offered the extra money required but wanted more equity which, as SFD mentioned above, would make Brent a minority shareholder.
Story supposed to have come from the chauffeur who was overheard at a friendly game.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 9:17 pm

I see on PASOTI they are rejoicing like the true Avivas like they are, a bunch of Turkey's at Christmas about to go to slaughter.

Apparently anyone who disapproved of the mankover is not a real fan.

What a bunch of tossers.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Of course it did.  But it will never be admitted.  

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!

Liverpool, Hoularaine, Purrington monies innit.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 9:30 pm

As we know Bent is as transparent as a bucket full of Millbrook mud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 9:33 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I see on PASOTI they are rejoicing like the true Avivas like they are, a bunch of Turkey's at Christmas about to go to slaughter.

Apparently anyone who disapproved of the mankover is not a real fan.

What a bunch of tossers.

Anyone who backs brent over the club isnt a fan at all in mine.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 10:53 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!

think you can add Nelson to that to GG
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 11:22 pm

RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!

think you can add Nelson to that to GG

And the contract signing aligns several stars all at once as someone once said, Hallets Money, money saved on turnstile operators, one of the lowest budgets in the league, Liverpool money, player sales and just now the season ticket money in. For all our sustainability it's not just the 3 amigos doing the enabling works for a couple of months that screams cash flow problems to me. I said a couple of months ago that something wasn't right, we will see soon enough. Next probable scenario is we go over budget due to unforeseen circumstances and Hallett buys Brent out maybe with An.Other maybe take eighteen months but I think Brent is snookered. Any news on the ice rink completion? Brent will go the same way as Stapes did, the writings on the wall. Hopefully by the time that happens we will at least have seats around most of the ground that we used to.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 am

Good call on the Season ticket money.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 6:29 am

Old Dunlop must make Porky seethe behind his keyboard but that cretin Kentish Green takes the biscuit. Throbbers mantle has long gone...

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 8:56 am

seadog wrote:
Good call on the Season ticket money.
indeed..hence the aggressive marketing approach when they started plugging em/selling em to get as many sold in a short possible time and sling in the panic that there ain’t gunna be enough seats for everybody and bobs your uncle fag packet maths 6000 season tickets just say at £280 that’s just to allow for the concessions STs comes to somethink like 1.75million ???? Hmm!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 9:10 am

I like how James Brent boasts about tough negotiations which went right to the wire when he clearly capitulates agrees to pay more money in order to "protect the objectives of the redevelopment"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 9:21 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
I like how James Brent boasts about tough negotiations which went right to the wire when he clearly capitulates agrees to pay more money in order to "protect the objectives of the redevelopment"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just checked this crap out - im sure all these characters live in their own little bubble, Errington is a yes man but who was that other twot?
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 am

The picture in that article doesn't show the new shortened roof either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 am

Yea Man wrote:
The picture in that article doesn't show the new shortened roof either.

So in terms of getting "bang for our buck". We're getting less seats and a shorter roof but are paying more money for it.

I'm so glad we've got such a succesful businessman and tough neoitiator in James Brent at the helm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 10:43 am

If you want a 50 billion dollar hole, Jim'll fix it.
When's he going to pay it back, that's what I want to know.
I'm reminded of that Richard Burton film, The Medusa Touch. Wherever he went, disaster happened.

Last edited by beesrus on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 10:45 am

We're going to gain some Premium Seating though.

Premium Seating = Seats with a view unobstructed by a pillar.

Just like the 12600 other Premium Seats in the horseshoe.

There's three things that I simply can't believe are acceptable about this whole farrago:

1. Retaining the pillars;
2. Fewer seats meaning lower capacity;
3. The roof not covering the lower seats.

There really is no point in spending £6.5m to replace a piece of crap with another piece of crap.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next