The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 PASOTI

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5331
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 5:15 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
His intention from the outset was to put his own stamp on it bit like people changing the name of pubs when they buy them. He is so out of touch with the normal football fan these days it's no wonder it's such a pigs ear of a job. His other massive mistake is to design something that works well on his iPhone and MacBook. Despite loads of posters saying its not working for them Nool is too thick to realise that it doesn't work and just writes criticism off as moaning. Also if he listened to posters their main gripe is sites with embedded adverts yet that is the whole point of pasoti these days so that Nool can bung Si and Jimmy a few quid each year for his perks.

What is even more laughable was Nools wish to have a 'thumbs up' option which Pasoti still doesn't have. All that work for feck all really.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 10145
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 60
Location : @ sea or @home

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 6:21 pm

I have looked at it with adblock, the two empty strips down each side, two thirds of the screen, are they for ADS?

_______________________________________
Inselaffe! FFS!®️™️    fishing Religion is the root of a Evil,
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2016-02-18

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 6:54 pm

You have Lang & Potter who sponsor the main forum, with each individual forum sponsored by other names of dubious description.

Just why does a simple football forum need or require so much sponsorship !?

On a separate note I see they now self proclaim that crappy 'argyle life' as the only decent alternative to PASOTI and give it their own sub forum. Wonder who is sponsoring that?

He passes it all of as a charidee raising bucketfest whereas the reality is it's probably just a cash cow for bacon chops.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8313
Join date : 2011-10-23

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 7:57 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
You have Lang & Potter who sponsor the main forum, with each individual forum sponsored by other names of dubious description.

Just why does a simple football forum need or require so much sponsorship !?

On a separate note I see they now self proclaim that crappy 'argyle life' as the only decent alternative to PASOTI and give it their own sub forum. Wonder who is sponsoring that?

He passes it all of as a charidee raising bucketfest whereas the reality is it's probably just a cash cow for bacon chops.

As we all know, it doesn't require so much sponsorship. It is simply is a vehicle for Newell to harvest sponsorship monies which are then thrown the clubs way. The results of which are ongoing with his continued Directors Box invites.

Highly distasteful, and a kick in the balls for the mug punter sponsor contributors, but there we go.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 10145
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 60
Location : @ sea or @home

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 8:09 am

I looked at it with Adblock muted, good grief.

_______________________________________
Inselaffe! FFS!®️™️    fishing Religion is the root of a Evil,
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5257
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 9:17 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
His intention from the outset was to put his own stamp on it bit like people changing the name of pubs when they buy them. He is so out of touch with the normal football fan these days it's no wonder it's such a pigs ear of a job. His other massive mistake is to design something that works well on his iPhone and MacBook. Despite loads of posters saying its not working for them Nool is too thick to realise that it doesn't work and just writes criticism off as moaning. Also if he listened to posters their main gripe is sites with embedded adverts yet that is the whole point of pasoti these days so that Nool can bung Si and Jimmy a few quid each year for his perks.

He is too dense to understand that the internet forum is virtually dead, its too unwieldy and reliant on browser interface to view easily on the phone or tablet . Had he had any awareness he would have jumped in before John Lloyd set up his vile facebook page, loads of data to be harvested there had he been quicker off the mark.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 4306
Join date : 2017-09-09

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 11:13 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
His intention from the outset was to put his own stamp on it bit like people changing the name of pubs when they buy them. He is so out of touch with the normal football fan these days it's no wonder it's such a pigs ear of a job. His other massive mistake is to design something that works well on his iPhone and MacBook. Despite loads of posters saying its not working for them Nool is too thick to realise that it doesn't work and just writes criticism off as moaning. Also if he listened to posters their main gripe is sites with embedded adverts yet that is the whole point of pasoti these days so that Nool can bung Si and Jimmy a few quid each year for his perks.

He is too dense to understand that the internet forum is virtually dead, its too unwieldy and reliant on browser interface to view easily on the phone or tablet . Had he had any awareness he would have jumped in before John Lloyd set up his vile facebook page, loads of data to be harvested there had he been quicker off the mark.

No way would he use FB simply because although you can ban people from the group you'd have trouble altering their posts once they'd gone.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali



Posts : 6768
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 42
Location : Plymouth

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 12:35 pm

The whole reason for the 'new' pasoti was to increase advertising revenue. There were complaints on the old pasoti about the number/ type of adverts, so if the new pasoti is changed slightly, but has double the number of adverts, users aren't so aware about the adverts as they concentrate on the changes.

The functionality of the new pasoti is terrible, even on iphone, with massive blank spaces and pages are much slower to load. I guess those pioneer tickets won't pay for themselves....
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali



Posts : 6768
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 42
Location : Plymouth

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 1:08 pm

I've just noticed that the pasoti "who is on line" seems to now be done by individual forum, when I think it used to be the whole site?

Looking at website advertising, some ad companies will pay out on page views, although more money is paid out for clicks on the adverts (it is estimated that 1% of users will click on adverts/ day). I think nool has previously said that pasoti gets around 40000 views/ day, estimates on google ad websites suggest pasoti could be earning anything from £20 - £100/ day.

He would have also agreed advertising costs for the local sponsors/ advertisers. Some have links to their websites e.g. Treasury, Lang and potter so are likely to pay a higher rate, David A. Summers accountants do not have a link on their advert so will be paying a lower rate. Some just appear to sponsor forums, so will be on the lowest rate.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8313
Join date : 2011-10-23

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 3:22 pm

And all because Newell is desperate to keep the Directors Box invite.

Shameless.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5331
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I've just noticed that the pasoti "who is on line" seems to now be done by individual forum, when I think it used to be the whole site?

Looking at website advertising, some ad companies will pay out on page views, although more money is paid out for clicks on the adverts (it is estimated that 1% of users will click on adverts/ day). I think nool has previously said that pasoti gets around 40000 views/ day, estimates on google ad websites suggest pasoti could be earning anything from £20 - £100/ day.

He would have also agreed advertising costs for the local sponsors/ advertisers. Some have links to their websites e.g. Treasury, Lang and potter so are likely to pay a higher rate, David A. Summers accountants do not have a link on their advert so will be paying a lower rate. Some just appear to sponsor forums, so will be on the lowest rate.


...and of course Nool is not telling any of his faithful how much the site is making from advertising or how much he is giving away.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

Yea Man

Posts : 1181
Join date : 2016-02-19

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Rickler wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
I've just noticed that the pasoti "who is on line" seems to now be done by individual forum, when I think it used to be the whole site?

Looking at website advertising, some ad companies will pay out on page views, although more money is paid out for clicks on the adverts (it is estimated that 1% of users will click on adverts/ day). I think nool has previously said that pasoti gets around 40000 views/ day, estimates on google ad websites suggest pasoti could be earning anything from £20 - £100/ day.

He would have also agreed advertising costs for the local sponsors/ advertisers. Some have links to their websites e.g. Treasury, Lang and potter so are likely to pay a higher rate, David A. Summers accountants do not have a link on their advert so will be paying a lower rate. Some just appear to sponsor forums, so will be on the lowest rate.


...and of course Nool is not telling any of his faithful how much the site is making from advertising or how much he is giving away.

Maybe now he's retired his pension doesn't cover his cost of living and daily trips to the wet wok so needs to garner another income.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 4987
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 5:53 pm

Cornish is also fully supportive of argo ladies especially when the Hallets make their twice yearly trip to the old country to enjoy the soccer.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2016-02-18

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 6:47 pm

He's only became a fan of the ladies team since Hallett expressed an interest in it.

The bloke has no shame whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 5760
Join date : 2014-03-30

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 10:46 pm

Too fcukin right it isn't, anyone else get this when visiting that ad strewn wasteland?

PASOTI - Page 15 Screen12
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 4306
Join date : 2017-09-09

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 11:23 am

I just tried to have a browse of Pasoti just now, takes ages to load then when I've read one thread it doesn't like going back to the main forum page and crashes after about three minutes. They really have fecked it up.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 4306
Join date : 2017-09-09

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 5:15 pm

The Illogan Janner is getting ready to blow and it only 7.11am.

"by IJN
» Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:11 am



I bet you live in a 'fun' house.

To be that vitriolic at 0530 in the morning??!!

I'll be out in 15 minutes, enjoying the wonrderful weather, playing golf, looking forward to seeing my granddaughter.

You? Kicking the cat, making up new names for decent folk, and probably looking out off your window hoping to catch a glance of someone tripping over.

Get a life man, the world's depressing enough (Sri Lanka etc) without sad muppets like you spreading their 'wit' around the internet.

Argyle ARE crap, we get that, but why on earth do you and your kind (mouth breathing life suckers) get off on making it even more depressing?"

It's funny that Biggs and Nikk can slag off who they like but if you're on the hotlist then watch your step.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 5002
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Dorset

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 5:41 pm

How many golf clubs got wrapped around a tree after that.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8313
Join date : 2011-10-23

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 7:16 pm

I opened up two tabs, one ATD and one Pasoti, then simultaneously flicked between the two browsing different Boards and messages. The difference in user friendly browsing is off the scale astronomical.

Dave Gadd, the archetypal sellout has quite literally killed his own baby. No doubt with input from his partner in crime Newell.

If any outsider had done to Pasoti what they've done, it would be called pure sabotage.

Hilarious really. cheers
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 5760
Join date : 2014-03-30

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 7:59 pm

I can't read it anymore, navigating a supertanker through the Magellan Strait in a force 9 would be easier.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 10145
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 60
Location : @ sea or @home

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 8:49 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I can't read it anymore, navigating a supertanker through the Magellan Strait in a force 9 would be easier.

Shiver me timbers...........

_______________________________________
Inselaffe! FFS!®️™️    fishing Religion is the root of a Evil,
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Posts : 1053
Join date : 2016-02-18

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 8:54 pm

It’s even more garbage then the original format if that could be possible.

Thanks for making a shit website even shitter.

PASOTI and Newell, the gifts who just keep on giving.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

Yea Man

Posts : 1181
Join date : 2016-02-19

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 8:56 pm

It just looks awful now and is so slow.

If somebody had sabotaged the place they'd be celebrating a job well done with it.

If he's paying for that he's being ripped off, especially when you look how slick this place runs considering it's free.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 4323
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 7:32 am

Always said in the past Pasoti was extremely quick to load as is ATD but Newell has produced a cataclysmic downgrade of his own forum
He would actually gain face by switching back to original format and stating thats what people wanted but instead he and the leper will claim all is well and in the meantime more switch to that vile Freechat page and ATD

Well done Newell another winner (by the way big boy you ignored previous warning over Twitter so I increased signature.....next time you do it I will add that signature to 4 forums about Plymouth in general as well)
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 4306
Join date : 2017-09-09

PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 8:17 am

Is Jonny Mercer a pasoti sponsor? Sounds like one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PASOTI - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASOTI   PASOTI - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
PASOTI
Back to top 
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: