mouldyoldgoat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Pasoti Empty
PostSubject: Pasoti   Pasoti EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:27 am

I have only been on this site for a couple of weeks and I have to say it is very good for honest, open and sometimes quite frank discussion of all things Argyle. The banter can also robust to say the least, but it is on the whole done with some respect between posters.

There is some history between here and pasoti and I can understand some of the feelings of people here towards IN and the mods over there after I asked questions a few days into my ATD membership.

However, some people are now refering to pasoti as pbay. Now I am the first to admit that I can laugh and make jokes about a lot of things and taking the pi55 out of IN over his past statements on exeweb and pasoti is fair game having read a few of his over the last weeks. But I do feel that for all his and Pasoti's faults to take the mick over the fund raising for the staff that has taken place over there is a little unfair. I am not saying that he and them should be singled out for what they have done because many, many people should be congratulated on their contributions to the hardship fund, even that horrible lot up the A 38.
Pbay is, I think maybe too far.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Pasoti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti   Pasoti EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:38 am

Morning MOG,
I'm still, and intend to remain, an active poster on both sites and try to retain a certain respect whilst posting on either (difficult at times). Gob (I think) came up with PBay and it's a very clever/funny way of not having the word Pasoti pop up in every other post. It would be churlish for anybody to denigrate the fund raising efforts that kept the staff going. I'm sure many posters on here contributed what they could.

There have been legitimate questions since about the continued fundraising efforts and their intentions and it certainly irked me that whilst interesting and contentious threads were being moved/removed/edited or cleansed, there was half a page of commercial items up for auction. Under those circumstances PBay was pretty appropriate...and it is clever jocolor
Back to top Go down
Bodmin Tew

Pasoti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti   Pasoti EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:37 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I have only been on this site for a couple of weeks and I have to say it is very good for honest, open and sometimes quite frank discussion of all things Argyle. The banter can also robust to say the least, but it is on the whole done with some respect between posters.

There is some history between here and pasoti and I can understand some of the feelings of people here towards IN and the mods over there after I asked questions a few days into my ATD membership.

However, some people are now refering to pasoti as pbay. Now I am the first to admit that I can laugh and make jokes about a lot of things and taking the pi55 out of IN over his past statements on exeweb and pasoti is fair game having read a few of his over the last weeks. But I do feel that for all his and Pasoti's faults to take the mick over the fund raising for the staff that has taken place over there is a little unfair. I am not saying that he and them should be singled out for what they have done because many, many people should be congratulated on their contributions to the hardship fund, even that horrible lot up the A 38.

I agree.

I notice the gleeful joy on this site that membership is sure to rise as "Pasoti is in crisis". Well that means you are going to get an awful lot of people of here who have a great deal of respect for the people who undoubtedly stepped up to save this club with actions, not words and who have raised an awful lot of money for the staff hardship fund.

If membership does increase this will no longer be a site exclusively for those pissed off with Chris, Ian and Pasoti to snipe away, those "histories" will become diluted by people who just want to talk about Argyle with no baggage or a starting point of sniping and misery.

If Ian does leave Pasoti then it will be interesting to see who steps up to arrange fundraising for the staff as well as the vital sponsorship of players.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Pasoti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti   Pasoti EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:39 am

Bodmin Tew wrote:
I notice the gleeful joy on this site that membership is sure to rise as "Pasoti is in crisis". Well that means you are going to get an awful lot of people of here who have a great deal of respect for the people who undoubtedly stepped up to save this club with actions, not words and who have raised an awful lot of money for the staff hardship fund.

If membership does increase this will no longer be a site exclusively for those pissed off with Chris, Ian and Pasoti to snipe away, those "histories" will become diluted by people who just want to talk about Argyle with no baggage or a starting point of sniping and misery.

Bring it on!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Pasoti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti   Pasoti EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:57 am

Bodmin Tew wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

I agree.

If Ian does leave Pasoti then it will be interesting to see who steps up to arrange fundraising for the staff as well as the vital sponsorship of players.

To be fair,this has never been a site exclusively for those with an axe to grind against PASOTI.Quite a few of us have posted on both sites for some years and have always regarded this site as a healthy alternative to the other one in expressing views which could be described as non mainstream.I must admit that the PASOTI/Newell/Webb syndrome does hack me off sometimes on ATD but when you get people like Jon B,who i always regarded as a bit of an establishment man [if he'll forgive me for saying so!],describing this site as "an engaging read",then maybe that tells its own story.

BTW,welcome Bodmin Tew,i think we've had a few discussions on various matters in the past on PASOTI.
Back to top Go down

Pasoti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti   Pasoti EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:14 am

Another pasoti one moved by me.

Unless anyone has any objections I will move all the pasoti stuff into block 17.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Pasoti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti   Pasoti EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:34 am

As one of the 'handful of vile scum' on ATD I welcome a broader church. it is only through discussion that viewpoints are shared and hopefully general agreement reached, or at least agreement to disagree.
The Newell style Pasoti denied many people a voice through unjust bannings and censorship.It is still happening today with threads and comments disappearing or being doctored, for no other reason than they are not what the likes of Newell and Webb want seen. I was branded a one trick pony and banned because I wouldn't stop banging on about not trusting in Stapes and predicting it would all end in tears. Others suffered the same fate. That is what led to the cyber bitterness and name calling.
A few weeks back I offered a truce if Pasoti were to become inclusive again. The response I got was typical. They weren't interested. Pasoti is an oligarchy and has no intention of changing.
One thing for sure is that ATD is currently growing at a pace because of the freedoms it maintains and the fact that it often offers stimulating and articulate debate without censorship to a mod controlled party line. If that had been the case a few years back on Pasoti, the club just might not be in the mess it is right now.

Back to top Go down

Pasoti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti   Pasoti EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:44 am

I read the "Pbay" stuff as a joke - nothing malicious. Even though I don't agree with the reasons for having to do the fundraising, I would never knock those who go out and do it.

And I have huge respect for people like Sue Pollard. She went out and did the dirty and unglamorous job of rattling buckets without shouting from the rooftops about it. Again, she shouldn't have had to do it, but she hasn't used her efforts to slime her way into upper echelons of the club.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Pasoti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti   Pasoti EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:09 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Another pasoti one moved by me.

Unless anyone has any objections I will move all the pasoti stuff into block 17.

No objection from me Frank. I wasn't sure where to post it anyway.

As i said in the OP, I understand why people post about pasoti and pig the way they do and I would do the same if I had been subject to some of the treatment given out if truth be known. I just felt the pbay bit was just a little harsh and cheapened ATD a little.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

Pasoti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti   Pasoti EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:25 am

I think it's more madbid anyway lol!
Back to top Go down

Pasoti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti   Pasoti EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:51 am

Bodmin Tew wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

I agree.

You are 100% right Bodmin, I hope.

There's very large fundamental differences between Pasoti and ATD that have now been exposed for the world to see as well as the characters that have been using Pasoti as a tool for improving their own personal interest, sadly at the expense of one of the best football Internet Forums and I believe, at the expense of the club that will be shown over time.

The original concept of raising money for the staff was an excellent idea and having donated to it myself on many occasions, I take my hat off to those involved. However, when a charitable action is carried out with the aim of self improvement it cheapens the efforts that have been made and raises serious questions of the motivation and integrity for the original "charitable" actions. The general view in society of such people is distrust, dislike and suspicion and the users on ATD that question the recent exploitation of what has been portrayed as a charitable act simple mirror the views of society in general.

Combining the above with smear campaigns, abuse, severely edited comments, the banning of members that have alternate views, indirect threats, innuendo, etc. etc. the eventual outcome was highly predictable.

There is indeed "gleeful joy" but it's not because of the demise of Pasoti, a site that we were all members at one time or another and enjoyed the use of, it's because of the exposure of the true agenda and character of one or two that have used the site to promote their own ambitions as they used the charitable perception for promoting themselves for their own personal ambitions.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pasoti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasoti   Pasoti Empty

Back to top Go down

Pasoti
Page 1 of 1