The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RYAN Law join the professional ranks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

RYAN Law join the professional ranks Empty
PostSubject: RYAN Law join the professional ranks   RYAN Law join the professional ranks EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 1:40 pm

RYAN Law has become the latest young Pilgrim to join the professional ranks at Home Park - and join his dad on the Argyle pay-roll.

The 18 year-old left-back from Kingsteignton follows in the studmarks of fellow apprentices Michael Cooper, Harry Hodges and Cameron Sangster in becoming a first-year pro for 2018-19.

He could well find himself in the capable hands of his father, Gareth, who has joined the Argyle back-room team as a physiotherapist, a role he previously fulfilled at Torquay United until this summer.

After completing his graduation from the apprentice ranks, Ryan said: “It’s great; it’s all I’ve ever wanted to do since I was 10. I think I started here when I was I was eight and this is the only club I’ve ever played for.

“I’m happy that I’m able to have this chance.”

Last season, Ryan was a solid and important member of the Under-18 squad’s outstanding FA Youth Cup run, taking on – and beating – Eastleigh, AFC Wimbledon, Manchester City and Burnley – before their run came to an end in the fifth round with a 3-1 loss to Fulham.

One of his most memorable achievements of last year was scoring a penalty in the shoot-out decider against Manchester City.

His form in those games saw him attract the attention of first-team manager Derek Adams, who invited him to train with the first team and included him in EFL match-day squads.

He said: “It’s been an experience, being on the bench. I was on the bench twice and it has been great to see how it is to be a pro.”

John James, our former Recruitment Officer, playing for local side Chelston Juniors FC, scouted Ryan.

He joined the Argyle Academy as an Under-9 in September 2008, attended Teign School in his home town, and has represented Torbay Schools at Under-14 and Under-15 level.

He played a number of games for the 2013-14 Milk Cup Squad that reached the semi-finals against Corinthians of Brazil and made three appearances for the Under-18s during the 2015-16 season’s successful South West Youth Alliance campaign. He also had his first taste of men’s football with a number of Carlsberg South West Peninsula games.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: RYAN Law join the professional ranks   RYAN Law join the professional ranks EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Hope this Doesn't mean Sawyers no1 lb for christ sake.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: RYAN Law join the professional ranks   RYAN Law join the professional ranks EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 3:21 pm

Yep Southgate can concentrate on the kids so can Adams, their much cheaper to boot. Feck me this season is shaping up to be a beauty. Cries of "wher've the builders gone?" will ring around the ground as our kids and old hacks get hammered game in , game out. Feckin club is a joke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RYAN Law join the professional ranks   RYAN Law join the professional ranks EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Jethro wrote:
Hope this Doesn't mean Sawyers no1 lb for christ sake.

nahhhh he will be mainly reserves next season unless he really impresses. samefor the other kids signing up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RYAN Law join the professional ranks   RYAN Law join the professional ranks Empty

Back to top Go down

RYAN Law join the professional ranks
Page 1 of 1