VillageGreen
Tgwu
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Retain list - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 2:04 pm

Least Millers off shame Sawyers still here, he was past L2 level when we was in there and has only got worse.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 3:07 pm

Yeovil gave us a torrid time at their place last season, their tactic was just to run at Sawyer the whole match, he's even slower now, been a good servant and all that but time to go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 3:37 pm

I was never a fan of Sawyer in his first stint. Far too easy to turn, even at his "height". Football, amateur and pro, has always had the odd character that smooches through their Saturday more by dressing room chirp than footballing ability. Often give it the calm reasoned authoritative overview bull thing that managers like, a sort of unconscious social stroking. Often they are fullbacks in my experience, that would offer their services elsewhere, anywhere, if it got them a game, and of whom not much was asked in trad football, until the wing back thing was invented. Connolly was three times the player, and Adams far better too.
Back to top Go down
TJOA

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
I take it that these two were the only ones offered 2 year contracts - or the only ones who have accepted them anyway? Presumably all the others will be 1 year contracts or on their way.
Just your thoughts or based on  ...?

Are you for real? Based on the fact that nearly all our players good and the best have been offered one year contracts for the past several years and deffo all through Adams shift. The sources? The club and Adams in numerous tv, newspaper and radio interviews as well as the club website. You really are getting desperate.

Seems a few signed last year are on the under contract list and some have commented on having 2 year deals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 5:04 pm

Jethro wrote:
RETAINED LIST
Under contract: Lionel Ainsworth, Graham Carey, Michael Cooper, Ryan Edwards, Joel Grant, Ruben Lamieras, Jamie Ness, Antoni Sarcevic, Ryan Taylor, Gregg Wylde.

Out of contract, offered new contract: Alex Battle, Jordan Bentley, Sonny Bradley, Alex Fletcher, David Fox, Kyle Letheren, Dan Rooney, Gary Sawyer, Yann Songo'o, Oscar Threlkeld.

Out of contract, released: Nathan Blissett, Simon Church, Luke McCormick, Gary Miller, Paul Paton, Callum Rose, Aaron Taylor, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Robbert te Loeke.

Loan expired: Moses Makasi, Remi Matthews, Zak Vyner.

Apprentices offered professional contract: Harry Hodges, Luke Jephcott, Ryan Law, Cameron Sangster.

Apprentices released: Billy Craske, Elliott Crawford, Harry Downing, Matt Ward

No real shocks there. Shame about Taylor-Sinclair as he wasnt that bad a player but on the other hand he isnt some we will struggle to replace unlike Bradley, Threlkeld and Fox.

Still expect Wylde and Ainsworth to leave over the summer on free transfers if they find new clubs as neither of them are going to be regulars next season.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 5:39 pm

The question now, who will resign on the dotted line from the ones who have been offer new contracts.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 5:42 pm

No Goal Nate, Simon Sicknote, Jocko from the Jobcentre, the Tulip from Amsterdam, we had to beat of stiff competion from various minimum wage firms to sign those Gems.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 5:56 pm

TJOA wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
I take it that these two were the only ones offered 2 year contracts - or the only ones who have accepted them anyway? Presumably all the others will be 1 year contracts or on their way.

Are you for real? Based on the fact that nearly all our players good and the best have been offered one year contracts for the past several years and deffo all through Adams shift. The sources? The club and Adams in numerous tv, newspaper and radio interviews as well as the club website. You really are getting desperate.

Seems a few signed last year are on the under contract list and some have commented on having 2 year deals.
Exactly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 6:20 pm

tigertony wrote:
TJOA wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

Exactly.

Always best to get the facts right before gobbing off .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Not necessarily. The US president ain't that bothered about facts. Life is often about emotion, and that's a fact.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Graiser wrote:
tigertony wrote:
TJOA wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

Exactly.

But what facts does anyone really know. All we know is some players are on two year contracts but Adams himself has alluded to the amount of one year contracts before now so it's a fair assumption to make. Someone could probably look it up but I'm fecked if I can be bothered to as Waldorf and Statdler would still grind their teeth at the implied disrespect for their squire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
tigertony wrote:
TJOA wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

Exactly.

But what facts does anyone really know. All we know is some players are on two year contracts but Adams himself has alluded to the amount of one year contracts before now so it's a fair assumption to make. Someone could probably look it up but I'm fecked if I can be bothered to as Waldorf and Statdler would still grind their teeth at the implied disrespect for their squire.

It’s quite simple really even for you, the facts are that some players were on 2 year contracts, so you were incorrect, frankly it’s a pity that a couple of players (Wylde and Ainsworth) weren’t on a one year deal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:22 pm

beesrus wrote:
Not necessarily. The US president ain't that bothered about facts. Life is often about emotion, and that's a fact.

Well we ain’t discussing Trump, can’t you just once not turn all political in a post
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:38 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
No Goal Nate, Simon Sicknote, Jocko from the Jobcentre, the Tulip from Amsterdam, we had to beat of stiff competion from various minimum wage firms to sign those Gems.
laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Graiser wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Well we ain’t discussing Trump, can’t you just once not turn all political in a post

The politics is harmless and incidental for my amusement, along with the continuing irritation of right leaning citizens.
Life, in all activities, is often dominated by emotion, rather than fact, before we even get into the idea that facts never stay the same, and often change quicker than the wind, depending on who is registering said "fact". Can I illustrate with the current 180 degree about turn diesel fracas at this juncture ? pirat You are touchy, Graiser.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
tigertony wrote:
TJOA wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

Exactly.

It’s quite simple really even for you, the facts are that some players were on 2 year contracts, so you were incorrect, frankly it’s a pity that a couple of players (Wylde and Ainsworth) weren’t on a one year deal

Some players actually he said a few? Still not many I've hardly been blown out of the water have I? If you are Tone want to believe we have a magnificent well funded team on contract lengths that are perfect for both club and players then fill yer boots I believe differently.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 8:19 pm

Do you believe we have a magnificent well funded team on contract lengths that are perfect for both club and players

yes or no? good people of ATD
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 9:19 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Do you believe we have a magnificent well funded team on contract lengths that are perfect for both club and players

yes or no? good people of ATD
Yep, a magnificent well funded team and a Magnificent non Development, i cant tell you how Magnificent things are at the Brentihad because i signed a NDA which prevents me talking about the Magnificence of it all.
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 9:41 pm

DA said in the Brent rag that he expects to sign 9 or 10 new players. Well 9 are leaving plus 3 loans. I don't expect Battle, Bentley or Rooney will be near the 1st team so it looks like another threadbare squad in terms of numbers.

Also with 9+3 leaving and 9 or 10 signings expected, that could imply that all of those offered contracts are expected to sign. If they were all to leave that would mean 19 players leaving plus the 3 loans. Not sure DA would be saying 9 or 10 signings if those offered deals were telling him they were leaving. I'm not sure that we could even find 12-15 bargain basement signings if anymore reject deals.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 10:43 pm

Jon L wrote:
DA said in the Brent rag that he expects to sign 9 or 10 new players.  Well 9 are leaving plus 3 loans.  I don't expect Battle, Bentley or Rooney will be near the 1st team so it looks like another threadbare squad in terms of numbers.

Also with 9+3 leaving and 9 or 10 signings expected, that could imply that all of those offered contracts are expected to sign.  If they were all to leave that would mean 19 players leaving plus the 3 loans.  Not sure DA would be saying 9 or 10 signings if those offered deals were telling him they were leaving. I'm not sure that we could even find 12-15 bargain basement signings if anymore reject deals.  
Also with 9+3 leaving?
Yep - good use of words but these are the players that have been slated by some so called fans for months. (Out of contract, released: Nathan Blissett, Simon Church, Luke McCormick, Gary Miller, Paul Paton, Callum Rose, Aaron Taylor, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Robbert te Loeke)

Then we have the +3 (loans) to add to the anti-JB brigade!! Crazy - these 3 are loans and we don't release them.

Your post contains so many ''not sure' that it is really a 'not sure'
Trust in DA, who is staying, I hope, and onwards we go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:08 pm

Trust in the cap'n again.zzzzzzz Well, the cap'n didn't do a very good job last time out in the January window. In fact he ran straight into the rocks on what should have been a gentle meander to the play offs. So, some of the disappointed crew are hopping off to where they can at least get some more money or a higher standard of football, or so the first mate Adams has told us.
Opportunity lost, back into port, get the keel scrubbed zzzzzzzz.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2018 11:50 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Yeovil gave us a torrid time at their place last season, their tactic was just to run at Sawyer the whole match, he's even slower now, been a good servant and all that but time to go.

Exactly I was at that game and that's what cost us.
I don't get why he's been offered a contract captain or not.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 12:14 am

beesrus wrote:
Trust in the cap'n again.zzzzzzz Well, the cap'n didn't do a very good job last time out in the January window. In fact he ran straight into the rocks on what should have been a gentle meander to the play offs. So, some of the disappointed crew are hopping off to where they can at least get some more money or a higher standard of football, or so the first mate Adams has told us.
Opportunity lost, back into port, get the keel scrubbed zzzzzzzz.
geddon bees Thumbs liking nautical theme lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 6:00 am

If Bradley and Threlkeld are allowed to move on for more money and added to the absence of Vyner and Matthews at the back, where will the quality come from to replace them ............on the cheap ?

The ambition of our club knows no bounds.

Glad I haven't got a season ticket for the next 'roller coaster ride'.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 7:59 am

Apart from he's Cheap if Oscar and sonny want more money why not release the aging and slow Sawyer and use those funds to offer them more wonga.....

Rather keep those 2 then Sawyer.

Unless of course they want to move nearer to families etc and by doing that get more wonga in the deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retain list   Retain list - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Retain list
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next