Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyFri May 05, 2023 6:39 pm

Graiser wrote:
And so it starts.
Law, Craske and Pursall all released.

not shocked sadly, i wish them the best wherever they end up but they wont be the last of the academy prospects that came up the ranks to be released after sunday. Jephcott being one of them i feel
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyMon May 08, 2023 8:58 pm

Looks like Morecambe are in deep shite, other than 5 players under contract no other contracts are being offered so rest of their players all released.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyMon May 08, 2023 9:50 pm

Graiser wrote:
Looks like Morecambe are in deep shite, other than 5 players under contract no other contracts are being offered so rest of their players all released.

i recall when we did the same when we went down to league one during admin era only one guy was offered a contract (jamie richards from the academy)
sounds like Del Bhey is staying put there and if anyone can rebuild morecambe into a team capable off going up again in the coming seasons its him.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyWed May 10, 2023 11:20 am

Five out-of-contract members of the title-winning Argyle squad have been offered contracts to stay at Home Park beyond this season.

The contracts of Jordan Houghton, James Wilson, Dan Scarr, Ryan Hardie, and Niall Ennis all come to an end this summer, but each will be offered terms to remain a Pilgrim, as Argyle get set to tackle a Sky Bet Championship campaign next season.

Brendan Galloway has played sufficient games to have triggered a one-year extension to his current contract.

Following last week’s update of Ryan Law, Finley Craske and Brandon Pursall leaving the club, we can confirm that James Bolton, Danny Mayor, Conor Grant and Luke Jephcott have also not been offered new contracts and will depart.

We thank all of the players leaving Home Park for their service to Argyle and wish them all the best for their futures.

The same goes for the five players whose loan deals have now ended. Sam Cosgrove, Bali Mumba, Finn Azaz, Nigel Lonwijk and Jay Matete have all played major parts in Argyle’s triumph in League One this season, and now return to their parent clubs.

From this season's under-18 squad, Will Jenkins Davies will join the senior ranks, and an option on Oscar Halls' contract has been activated. Jack Endacott and Zak Baker have been been offered professional deals.

“This is the absolute hardest part of being a manager,” said Argyle boss Steven Schumacher. “To have to say goodbye to people, who have become more than just a player, who have actually become good friends over the last five years is incredibly hard.

“Danny Mayor has been there every day throughout my coaching career so far, and to not be working with him and watching him play from now on is going to feel very strange indeed.

“We both feel, for the sake of Danny’s beautiful young family, the time has come for him to move back home and take on a new challenge. I’m going to miss him so much, but what a way to end our journey together!

“Conor Grant has also been one of the toughest decisions I’ve ever had to make as a manager. The ability that Conor has is undoubted, but the standout best qualities he possesses are his personality and professionalism.

“He has been a pleasure to work with and for five years he has represented this football club with total class. It has been a difficult season for Conor trying to overcome some injury problems, but I believe his goal at Accrington was one of the most important in our season. I just want to thank him and wish him well for the future.

“James Bolton, Luke Jephcott, Ryan Law, Finley Craske, Brandon Pursall and Adam Parkes, have all been amazing people to work with. When you have to release players who have come through our own Academy and played a huge part in our success over the last few years, it is really tough.

“I do sincerely wish all of the lads the best in the future, and I will look forward to seeing them all again soon.”

RETAINED LIST

Under contract: Michael Cooper, Macaulay Gillesphey, Matt Butcher, Joe Edwards, Mickel Miller, Adam Randell, Ben Waine, Saxon Earley, Callum Burton, Callum Wright, Tyreik Wright, Will Jenkins Davies, Caleb Roberts.

Option to extend exercised: Brendan Galloway, Oscar Halls.

Under-18s offered new contracts: Jack Endacott, Zak Baker.

Out of contract, offered new contract: Jordan Houghton, James Wilson, Dan Scarr, Ryan Hardie, Niall Ennis.

Out of contract, released: James Bolton, Conor Grant, Danny Mayor, Luke Jephcott, Adam Parkes, Ryan Law, Finley Craske, Brandon Pursall.

Loan expired: Sam Cosgrove, Bali Mumba, Finn Azaz, Nigel Lonwijk, Jay Matete.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyWed May 10, 2023 11:34 am

no shocks there i have to admit except galloway being kept as his injury record is alarming.

Real shame to see Mayor leave but understand the reasons. Fantastic player to watch for us over the years but i feel schuey and him knew he wouldn't be played as much in the championship but he wont be short of offers he will be a very good player for someone in league one i'll miss him.  

Bolton could have been a good defender for us if injuries didn't keep hampering him

Grant too kept picking up injuries especially this season and hes been here a while the last player from the del bhey era, he has been a great player for us ever useful and scored some important goals over the seasons. he served the club very well and he too wont be short of offers.

Parkes was a given unfornately for him at least he takes home a league winners medal and hopefully he finds a new club where he can play. zak baker is a goalie so there is our new 3rd choice right there.

As for Jephcott its again a shame for a young player who was fantastic for us one season and a bored out of shape ineffectional waste of space afterwards. He went to swindon to develop his game and get his career back on track and he didnt do that he wasnt even used by swindon in the end. I hope he finds a club that will work on him and deveop him into the striker hes capable of being but the will from him has to be there to do that otherwise truro/parkway is his level.

Hardie (allegedly off) Ennis and Scarr both are important and need to be kept hold off, Wilson (sigh should have been released imo he will be exposed in the championship more than he was in league one at times) and Houghton useful guy to keep around. i hope all 5 dont take too long to decide to sign or not.

now we know who will be here next season
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyWed May 10, 2023 4:24 pm

TBH all as I expected, looking forward to new arrivals and we’ll see if the contract offers are accepted, personally I don’t think argyle offer bad salaries so we’ll see
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyWed May 10, 2023 4:43 pm

Angry wrote:
no shocks there i have to admit except galloway being kept as his injury record is alarming.

Real shame to see Mayor leave but understand the reasons. Fantastic player to watch for us over the years but i feel schuey and him knew he wouldn't be played as much in the championship but he wont be short of offers he will be a very good player for someone in league one i'll miss him.  

Bolton could have been a good defender for us if injuries didn't keep hampering him

Grant too kept picking up injuries especially this season and hes been here a while the last player from the del bhey era, he has been a great player for us ever useful and scored some important goals over the seasons. he served the club very well and he too wont be short of offers.

Parkes was a given unfornately for him at least he takes home a league winners medal and hopefully he finds a new club where he can play. zak baker is a goalie so there is our new 3rd choice right there.

As for Jephcott its again a shame for a young player who was fantastic for us one season and a bored out of shape ineffectional waste of space afterwards. He went to swindon to develop his game and get his career back on track and he didnt do that he wasnt even used by swindon in the end. I hope he finds a club that will work on him and deveop him into the striker hes capable of being but the will from him has to be there to do that otherwise truro/parkway is his level.

Hardie (allegedly off) Ennis and Scarr both are important and need to be kept hold off, Wilson (sigh should have been released imo he will be exposed in the championship more than he was in league one at times) and Houghton useful guy to keep around. i hope all 5 dont take too long to decide to sign or not.

Galloway exercised a one year option so we had no choice
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyWed May 10, 2023 5:20 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

Galloway exercised a one year option so we had no choice

its not a bad thing as he is a good defender we just can plan ahead with him as he'll get injured for long spells.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyWed May 10, 2023 5:31 pm

Looks like there's an acknowledgment that we won't be able to carry players with poor injury records in the Championship, given that we are going to be in a very tight position budget wise. That explains many of the releases

Jehpcott's an interesting one. A few years ago there was talk of some offers for him of 300-500k. If we'd sold him then many would have been banging on about 'lack of ambition' and 'argyle prices'. Benefit of hingsight etc....

The above leaves us with 17 senior players if the 5 offered deals re-sign, which isn't guaranteed. Given Miller and Galloway don't have great injury records, theres likely to be a decent amount of recruitment needed in the summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Greenskin

Greenskin

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyWed May 10, 2023 5:35 pm

Sorry to see Conor Grant released but a line has to be drawn somewhere i guess, if he stayed fit then he could have been ok in the championship imho-good luck to him, always seemed a very personable sort of bloke and hope he gets fixed up and has better luck with injuries. If Galloway can keep semi fit then the rotation policy may get 20 odd games out of him, certainly good enough at his best, like most people very sad to see Danny Mayor go but in spite of some frustrations with his end product he has contributed much over the last 4 years. Luke has proved disappointing after his rocket start but he had his successes and wish him and all the others who are no longer to be at the club all the best for the future.No great surprises in the players offered contacts,question now is who will re-sign and who will be brought in.Defender with pace a la Doumbe number one priority for me, big difference in the ccc last time was the scary pace of some of the forwards and doubt very much if that has changed.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyWed May 10, 2023 7:14 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sorry to see Conor Grant released but a line has to be drawn somewhere i guess, if he stayed fit then he could have been ok in the championship imho-good luck to him, always seemed a very personable sort of bloke and hope he gets fixed up and has better luck with injuries. If Galloway can keep semi fit then the rotation policy may get 20 odd games out of him, certainly good enough at his best, like most people very sad to see Danny Mayor go but in spite of some frustrations with his end product he has contributed much over the last 4 years. Luke has proved disappointing after his rocket start but he had his successes and wish him and all the others who are no longer to be at the club all the best for the future.No great surprises in the players offered contacts,question now is who will re-sign and who will be brought in.Defender with pace a la Doumbe number one priority for me, big difference in the ccc last time was the scary pace of some of the forwards and doubt very much if that has changed.

good call on your last sentence we do need a Doumbe esq defender in that defence next season for sure as our defence isn't the fastest which is another reason why im slightly disappointed we want to keep hold of Wilson when he was often caught out by pace which often lead to a goal and him blaming others for it.
I feel and going by the squad now schuey is going to be sign at least 2 defenders so hopefully they will make the difference needed.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyWed May 10, 2023 7:27 pm

Of the five out of contract and offered new terms, Ennis concerns me the most as he's bound to have attracted attention from elsewhere.  Hardie also may be mulling over other opportunities.  I think the other three will sign. Shame to see Mayor depart but it sounds as if it was (sort of) mutual and Danny is (sort of) happy to move on - he won't be short of offers.  Bolton was a player I'd like to have seen stay but as said his injury record is atrocious and if Mikel Miller was out of contract there's no way he would have been offered new terms for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyWed May 10, 2023 8:39 pm

What with data analytics and hindsight we should get promoted as champions yet again.lol.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyThu May 11, 2023 8:43 am

Shuey would've known DM was off so no doubt has his replacement in mind. The bloke knows what he's doing clearly.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyThu May 11, 2023 11:23 am

Poor cnut. Must be a proper kick in the teeth that your best players want out after being promoted as champions? You would have thought all the players in the country would be queuing up to play for us? Will be very telling to see where they go.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyThu May 11, 2023 12:23 pm

Mayor stated at the start of the season that it would be his last at Argyle, so no doubt Schumacher’s been planning for Mayor’s replacement for some time
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyThu May 11, 2023 1:40 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
What with data analytics and hindsight we should get promoted as champions yet again.lol.

It gets tiring sitting you down continuously…but Shumachers choice for his award the other evening went to Sam Morcom - the Lead Data Analysis guy. Y’know…the guy that has had a huge input into identifying a good number of the squad that have just got us 101 points and won the fcuking league.

Shuey clearly appreciates it. You don’t. A dinosaur throwing snidely comments at modern advances like data analytics. lol!

You’re the gift that keeps on giving. sunny
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyThu May 11, 2023 3:21 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Poor cnut. Must be a proper kick in the teeth that your best players want out after being promoted as champions? You would have thought all the players in the country would be queuing up to play for us? Will be very telling to see where they go.

you've said yourself many times as others have that if Mayor could score goals and create goals he would be a championship player now the fact is that area of his game is lacking unfortunately which is probably why he and schuey decided it was for the best he move on and seek another challenge probably in league one or two where he can still tear it up and entertain the fans.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyThu May 11, 2023 3:56 pm

Graiser wrote:
Mayor stated at the start of the season that it would be his last at Argyle, so no doubt Schumacher’s been planning for Mayor’s replacement for some time
rather his missus said it was his last season ..didn’t she capture him with his strides down or was that someone else Smile Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyThu May 11, 2023 3:59 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
lol!
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyThu May 11, 2023 5:36 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Graiser wrote:
rather his missus said it was his last season ..didn’t she capture him with his strides down or was that someone else Smile Very Happy Smile

Not Mayor, too much of a family man
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyThu May 11, 2023 6:49 pm

Mayor has been a really good player for us through the two promotions, but he is limited. His first touch, close control and ability to swivel away from an opponent were all excellent. But a lot of the time his final ball or end product showed why the vast majority of his career has been in the bottom two leagues.

He never fully established himself as a Championship player in his younger years, and at nearly 33, that would have been tough to do next season.

That said, I’m pretty sure he’ll be remembered fondly by the vast majority of Argyle fans.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyThu May 11, 2023 7:51 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Mayor has been a really good player for us through the two promotions, but he is limited. His first touch, close control and ability to swivel away from an opponent were all excellent. But a lot of the time his final ball or end product showed why the vast majority of his career has been in the bottom two leagues.

He never fully established himself as a Championship player in his younger years, and at nearly 33, that would have been tough to do next season.

That said, I’m pretty sure he’ll be remembered fondly by the vast majority of Argyle fans.

33 didnt realise he was that old!!! makes even more sense now to part ways and let him have one last run elsewhere. He will be fondly remembered for sure, i suspect when the club finally finish those murals off that they still have 6 spaces left he will feature on one of them.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list EmptyFri May 12, 2023 3:55 pm

Mayor will probably go to another L1 club or at worst, L2.

Good player for Argyle while he was here and at 33, Championship would be too much for him. I wish him well wherever he goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Retained list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list   Retained list Empty

Back to top Go down

Retained list
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next