Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The supporters' Trust has money to burn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

The supporters' Trust has money to burn Empty
PostSubject: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:43 pm

As long expected, the Trust membership fees paid in good faith by 700 fans has ineviatably been provisionally written off by the Trust hierarchy.
The Trust is 'asking' it's members to write off the £7k loans made to the Green Taverners... or in other words, the club's expenses.
Thank gawd I never joined the Trust, and this is exactly why I didn't join ... all that needs to happen now is for the new owners to negotiate away some of the back pay due to club staff, WHICH ANY DOUGHNUT COULD SEE THEY WERE ALWAYS GOING TO DO ( with great public regret no doubt ), and the money trick will be complete.

This adds weight to my thoughts that Stapleton's mate Lenszner and the Green Taverners have decided not to take on the Trust any more, but now have a medium term objective of taking it over, hence all the recent bonhomie. Lenszner has even gritted his teeth and publicly used the M7 word to ingratiate himself, a small price to pay, and I wondered why there was such a neat three-way turn out ( Pasoti, Trust and Taverners "leaders" ) at the oh so impromptu breakfast at Tiffanys.

Make no mistake, the bullying of the Trust on Pasoti has had it's effect and the Trust is now the target of Pasoti and Taverners alike. With Pasoti the de facto News International of Argyle, it shouldn't be too much of an effort to get their own favoured people elected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Really PP?

The Trust prevented my sign up and membership fee the day the pasoti mods pulled the plug to allow pasoti members only to share a view, I'm now thankful they did, it smells a bit like something that a chairman would do when taking funds from a charity!

It'll be interesting to see the strength of backbone in the new Trust leadership, act like sheep and they'll be off for slaughter, act with strength and they may get my support and membership fee.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:24 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
As long expected, the Trust membership fees paid in good faith by 700 fans has ineviatably been provisionally written off by the Trust hierarchy.
The Trust is 'asking' it's members to write off the £7k loans made to the Green Taverners... or in other words, the club's expenses.
Thank gawd I never joined the Trust, and this is exactly why I didn't join ... all that needs to happen now is for the new owners to negotiate away some of the back pay due to club staff, WHICH ANY DOUGHNUT COULD SEE THEY WERE ALWAYS GOING TO DO ( with great public regret no doubt ), and the money trick will be complete.

This adds weight to my thoughts that Stapleton's mate Lenszner and the Green Taverners have decided not to take on the Trust any more, but now have a medium term objective of taking it over, hence all the recent bonhomie. Lenszner has even gritted his teeth and publicly used the M7 word to ingratiate himself, a small price to pay, and I wondered why there was such a neat three-way turn out ( Pasoti, Trust and Taverners "leaders" ) at the oh so impromptu breakfast at Tiffanys.

Make no mistake, the bullying of the Trust on Pasoti has had it's effect and the Trust is now the target of Pasoti and Taverners alike. With Pasoti the de facto News International of Argyle, it shouldn't be too much of an effort to get their own favoured people elected.

Last one out, turn off the lights.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:06 pm

I've just read the thread on Pasoti.

I seriously want to be sick.

The trust has the balls to talk about transparancy, and condemns the moves being made by the PB's and others, and then pulls a move like this. First of all it pulls a stunt to get around its own rules, and then pulls another to buy influence from people whose approval the trust craves.

They have completely capitulated to the likes of Rapson (guess who is first to answer). What a surprise... Now the trust has sunk to its knees and will do what the Pasotiban wants, the likes of Ponty etc are all too eager to join up.

And the Trust have the audacity to complain about the behaviour of the Riddler, Brenda, Heaney etc...
They actually dare criticise the actions of the PB's?

The trust should take a long hard look in the mirror.

I'm ashamed at this point to say I'm a member.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:18 pm

I was starting to think the Trust had developed a little backbone, obviously it seems I was wrong.

Not being a member and having little interest, is what has been done legal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:25 pm

Just had a read of The Trust forum, it doesn't seem to have changed since they made it a pasoti trust! lol!

Anyway, what's the prob with this if, as it seems, most that have paid in to the Trust agree?

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:35 pm

GOB wrote:
Anyway, what's the prob with this if, as it seems, most that have paid in to the Trust agree?

Because it was a clear violation of the trusts own rules..

What are you going to do? Disregard them any time you feel you are 'just' in breaking them?

Bow to "influence" when it suits?

But thinking about it, yeah, I agree... How else you gonna ban the likes of 'Freathy'?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:47 pm

But nothing's changed Ricks?

From what I can tell the pasoti trust remains the pasoti trust, the only difference is that now the money donated by its members has been lost?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:47 pm

The Trust's own website says Pete Ryan looked very carefully at how to word the poll.... well, there you go.

The deference to 'authority' is how it works at the back of the grandstand, it's how it has always worked.. it was only a matter of time before the likes of Lenszner did a Synan, rolled his sleeves up and 'got down the Brit', or in this case, the elegant fanfests, and had a pint with the yokels and told 'em how it is. Just like the Britannia episode, they've all fallen for it, hook, line and sinker, just as they did with Synan and Campbell.
Fresh after a quintessentially English revolutionary exchange of "Where's the money gone ?", IJN is now positively glowing in his admiration of Our Damon and the fragrant Mrs Damon. Now I know where Thomas Hardy got the material for many of his characters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Edited to keep the thread in it's current context.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 22)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:52 pm

I don't understand the need to write the LOAN off.

Its a LOAN. The GT's can pay it back when they are in a position to do so. There's no rush.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:19 pm

That wouldn't be a capitulation then Frank.
The GTs are going to be out of a believable job as soon as the club is purchased. They're looking for a home and going to be wanting a merger ... nay, demanding a merger.
This is all about positioning under the new regime.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:24 pm

...and so easily predictible ...

http://argyletalkdemocratic.forumotion.co.uk/t43-trust-capitulation

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:39 am

Yep, it's been obvious it's been under construction for some time. What's worrying about the latest agreement to break ground is that the Taverners have insisted the Trust just 'give ' them the £7K of members' subscriptions.... there is no need for that to happen in any event ... none whatsoever, and as Frank says, it can remain as a loan for the time being .... I believe there is already the intentention that the Taverners will indeed supply the administrators with the details of monies collected and paid to staff.... under the guise of ..."we had no option, the wabbit was about to get it".

Right from the very outset, I and others warned Ian Newell not to give the Pasoti collections to the Taverners, but straight to the staff. I tried to tell them the Taverners were set up after a meeting with Ridsdale, and that these collections would ultimately find their way into Gardner's pocket...... but of course, I just received the usual abuse.
This whole collection thing has been a disaster ... it has just extended the pain for the staff and given these money men the time to plot their nasty course.
I only gave to one of the Pasoti collections, the St John Ambulance, who were out of pocket. There was no way the administrators could get their hands on that money as it was effected through 'just giving'.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:45 am

Interesting post from "Gort", which Charlie picked up on here:

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55359&start=60

Because I do not have the freedom to post on that forum, I wrote to the the whole ISC of the trust a few days ago and expressed some of the same views and sentiments. To Chris Webb's credit he did reply on behalf of them all, but the exchange between us was very interesting.

Let's see what sort of replies "Gort" receives?

Last edited by Rickler on Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:02 am

It seems that once again fans have indirectly donated to the Heaney and Ridsdale fund.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:31 am

If the Trust money's goes into the pot against staff debts it will expose the PB, PR and BG regime for the shower of shite we believe them to be.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:07 am

Once again, Pasoti's, also unelected finest, are backing a loser................................why change the habits of a lifetime ?

Jog on Mr Rapson. jocolor

It always seems to come down to personal position and influence, rather than reason and integrity.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:48 am

With regard as to how the Trust U-turned it's own constituiton...

And just in case anyone wondered if there was anything in the whole wide world the Trust couldn't do, if it really wanted to...

Quote from Chris Webb:

The Trust is able to ...“do anything else which is necessary or expedient to achieve its objectives.” (Powers No. 4n).

So there you have it!

Anything is possible!

Polictical assissination of the riddler, PB's, Buttivent and Heaney anyone?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:14 am

BUMP
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:14 am

I miss the Pirate........     with his astute and 'fragrant' contributions lol!

PP wrote:

The Trust's own website says Pete Ryan looked very carefully at how to word the poll.... well, there you go.

The deference to 'authority' is how it works at the back of the grandstand, it's how it has always worked.. it was only a matter of time before the likes of Lenszner did a Synan, rolled his sleeves up and 'got down the Brit', or in this case, the elegant fanfests, and had a pint with the yokels and told 'em how it is. Just like the Britannia episode, they've all fallen for it, hook, line and sinker, just as they did with Synan and Campbell.
Fresh after a quintessentially English revolutionary exchange of "Where's the money gone ?", IJN is now positively glowing in his admiration of Our Damon and the fragrant Mrs Damon. Now I know where Thomas Hardy got the material for many of his characters.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:53 am

I miss the Pirate as well. Enjoyed all his posts whether I agreed or not. Expect he's too busy with his gardening these days but hope he still looks in
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:58 am

So do I, he was a clever git that could see right through these shenanigans. I don't blame him one bit for losing his interest though, I should have done the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:02 am

Me too. Penz has an uncanny knack of seeing the bigger picture and spotting a baddie. There's a few people breathing a huge sigh of relief that he's gone into retirement, hopefully just a sabbatical Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:36 am

I have a Penz quote as my signature. Sums up so much to my mind. As an aside I see the club is promoting a night to raise money for The Micheal Foot Memorial. One thing that shows how far the club moved away from the Foot ideal is the leak about Foot Anstey not donating to the fund. The person who decided to post the information on Pasoti and the person from the Foot fundraising committee who leaked it should hang their heads in shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The supporters' Trust has money to burn   The supporters' Trust has money to burn Empty

Back to top Go down

The supporters' Trust has money to burn
Page 1 of 1