Lord Tisdale
Tringreen
LondonGreen
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:10 am

John Terry's been stripped of the England captaincy, again.
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:22 am

I would have thought the FA would have waited until JT had had his day in court and then if found guilty stripped him of the captaincy.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?. If he is found guilty he deserves everything that's coming to him.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:23 am

So much for innocent until proven guilty...

FA once again a disgrace. Why make the decision 3 months after the event orginally happened?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:28 am

He's a yob, he's lost any pace he had and it sounds as if his presence is divisive. Get rid. He's had enough chances.
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:32 am

It was a tricky one for them really. I guess sponsors have their say, doesn't look good just being tried for a racist offence, and as the Euro's are being held in Ukraine and Poland, where there will almost certainly be racist abuse from supporters, England can't really complain about it if their captain is about to stand trial for the same offence.

There's also the issue of Rio Ferdinand possibly being in the squad as well, and if they didn't strip him of the captaincy, it could appear that the F.A. support Terry and think Anton Ferdinand is lying.

I can't stand Terry personally. He seems to attract controversy, and if even half of the stories about him are true, then he's not really much of a role model.

Also now that he knows he's facing a trial, this could affect his performances from now on. It's got to be on his mind, and it looked like Rooney was affected by his fathers arrest when he got sent off in the qualifiers.

As a Jock I really hope it affects his performances in the Euros and him and Rio Ferdinand get involved in a dressing room brawl which divides the whole squad and they're knocked out in the Group stages Razz
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks for the unbiased view Greenjock very refreshing Shocked
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:41 am

Grumpy wrote:
Thanks for the unbiased view Greenjock very refreshing Shocked

Anytime Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:49 pm

Tringreen wrote:
He's a yob,

He certainly used to be and I would need a few stiff drinks before you could convince me he was worth a place on form let alone the captaincy, but regarding the yobbery which he was devotee of in his yoof, a very good mate of mine met him a short while ago and tells a different story.

My mate being an IT professional wouldn't know a footballer from a bus conducter, he was early to pick up his son from one of these organised party efforts, there was another chap waiting there so an ad hoc conversation ensued, as it would. Half an hour later the party was breaking up and this chap was the centre of attention, Nobby being the inquisitive type asked who it was that was signing all sorts of stuff and chatting to all the kids ? It made no difference because he couldn't have told you anything once he had found out it was JT, he had heard the name but as I say, the man is a philistine.

The point ?

People change.

Terry is still a bit of a gobby knob on the pitch but a lot of that is his job and he has to make up for the failing pace and a distinct lack of ability.

Regarding the question of racism, I am sat watching the cricket, now that gobby keeper is giving me the right hump, if I were to refer to him as a gobby Paki I would be a racist, were the game in Capetown agin the Sarf and I disliked the gobby Bok I wouldn't. I'm sure Terry said what he is supposed to have, I don't believe he said it out of some overt ingrained racist tendency, he's just gobby and not that bright. John Barnes was on the box last night making the point that the anti racism movement while not advocating such verbals didn't see that as the major issue, they are still far more concerned about those people that have racism in their hearts and minds but are far too clever to say it out loud.

If the FA were of a mind to do this then they should have dumped him when criminal charges were brought, this was always going to be the big news story, they should have got out in front of it while making it perfectly clear that should Terry be exonerated he would, depending upon form, be reinstated. Waiting until the court date was set was weak ass imho.

This post is my own opinion and I have not discussed it any way with Bondy.
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Just wouldn't let him anywhere near my girlfriend, or his family near a Primark.
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:37 pm

I typed something out earlier and then deleted it because any defence or what seems to be a defence of anything involving origin or colour seems to come across as racist even if that was never the intention. I agree with greenjock it is a difficult one these days. Just because somebody says something in the heat of the moment doesn't have to make it an "ism" or and "obia" does it? I have absolutely no idea if John Terry is a racist or if he simply lacks intellect in an argument. People do seem to look to be offended by anything said these days and single out a few words of the whole argument rather than looking at the whole thing together. If you pick on somebody and create an argument simply on their origin or colour then fair enough there is no defending that and it is clear what it is and offensive but this was on a football field when each were having a go at the other. It wasn't the back streets of a City or a Stephen Lawrence moment. But if he has said what is alleged, how do you prove it was one or the other? I wouldn't want him in the squad these days on form alone so it won't be a great loss if he was dropped altogether. I think the FA are damned whatever they do also. They either appear to be pronouncing judgement prior to the Court or condoning a potential racist if they do nothing.
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:17 pm

So what happens if he is found not guilty do they give the captaincy back to him ? I personally hope not, but there will be egg on a good few faces at the FA
Back to top Go down
swampy

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Why Grumpy, the decision wasn't made because they thought he was guilty of the charge. It was made for other reasons.
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:24 pm

I think he'll retire from International football now anyway.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Trouble seems to follow him around (some of which he causes himself). A player in decline, in my opinion,and struggles against pace. Bring in someone younger so we may have a chance of winning something in the next 10 years. England will struggle anyway. Get rid of Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney (sorry Dunce) as all are more interested in their club than country. Anyone supporting asshair head should look at how dire he was in the last World Cup.
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Swampy have a look at the link below it explains the reasons why he has lost the captaincy.

JT Linky
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm glad he's been dtripped of the captaincy but he's too good to not take to the Euro's
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Grumpy wrote:
I would have thought the FA would have waited until JT had had his day in court and then if found guilty stripped him of the captaincy.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?. If he is found guilty he deserves everything that's coming to him.

Innocent until proven guilty is a concept of criminal law. This is, in effect, about employment law, which is civil law. In that arena, being charged with a criminal offence is not grounds for sacking, but it could be grounds for other action, and there's no need to wait for the outcome of the criminal case before taking that action - for instance, suspending somebody, or moving them to a different job.

The two things that are usually taken into account are whether the criminal charge makes the individual unable to do their job and whether the criminal charge might make things difficult for their workmates. I'd argue the FA have finally done the right thing, on both these points.
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:59 pm

Peggy I bow to your superior knowledge cheers
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Sorry - didn't mean to come over all superior. It just happens sometimes when I'm trying to be sensible.

flower
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:31 pm

I don't look anything like your Avatar so you would have to change your appearance Peggy.

Well that clears that up then.
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Peggy If you want to know what sensible looks like:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:34 pm

Yep and no accident he is scottish either is it. Not the first time I've been called Victor but I just can't see the resemblance myself.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:43 am

I see on SSN that Joey Barton might be in trouble for commenting on the live JT racism case (on twitter). He doesn't seem bothered-

"I will gladly go to jail for a month, in the name of free speech. I have no problem with what I said. Make me a martyr......."

"What are they going to do put everyone who exercises freedom of speech in jail? They'll be a revolution, if they try that shit."
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
I see on SSN that Joey Barton might be in trouble for commenting on the live JT racism case (on twitter). He doesn't seem bothered-

"I will gladly go to jail for a month, in the name of free speech. I have no problem with what I said. Make me a martyr......."

"What are they going to do put everyone who exercises freedom of speech in jail? They'll be a revolution, if they try that shit."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cheers
Back to top Go down

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:55 pm

With England in the Euros it is necessary for the Captain to be involved in all the interviewing build-ups as the tournament begins.

How do you keep the press talking football only, with Terry as Captain....impossible.

For Englands future development he needs dropping from the squad now, he is over the hill.

If he and Rio Ferdinand were in the squad together what reaction would that cause throughout the squad ?

It's time for him and Rio to call time on their international careers now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

John Terry Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Terry   John Terry Empty

Back to top Go down

John Terry
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next