Dougie
Damon.Lenszner
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Two In - Confirmed on OS Empty
PostSubject: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 2:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 2:56 pm

I am whelmed. Neither over or under. Just whelmed. Hoping they can find the back of the net regularly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:00 pm

At least we have signed something. But just because they are new doesn't mean they are any good.

Lets hope they are though, otherwise its blue and square and we are going there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:12 pm

This was announced a little time ago and Freathy hasn't been on yet to pour scorn on anything. Must be a record on here from what I've seen so far.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:12 pm

Have either of them scored a goal yet, this season?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:22 pm

What did we really expect?

Good luck to them and I hope that they know what a barn door looks like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:23 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Good luck to them and I hope that they know what a barn door looks like.

Or a cow's ass and a banjo.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
This was announced a little time ago and Freathy hasn't been on yet to pour scorn on anything. Must be a record on here from what I've seen so far.

He may be in the shower at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Don't take the bait. It's what Sad Act does best........................... but his views, designed to stir Avivas from their happy clappy, unfounded positivity, have been largely correct and well intentioned.
Not so long ago we had SEB and Sir Barry, now we have ??????

Rejoice or wait and see ? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:33 pm

Freathy in not on internet shocker!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:33 pm

We have Juhvel Spellmynameright and Alex Weeman Macdonald, and from what I can see from Wikipedia, they have played 53 senior games between them and scored 4 goals. Don't want to be negative but this hardly instills me with great confidence they will fire the goals to keep us up. Best wait and see I guess.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:34 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

A couple of multi million pound deals and Tevez on loan to the end of the season.

Or is that slightly over-ambitious?

Not that it means anything, but I've never heard of either of these guys. Still, if one of them scores the goals that keeps us in the league, all well and good.

Didn't think I'd ever be typing that. Look how far we've come.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:37 pm

A while back a big Championship club loaned little L2 side Exeter a little player called Noone. If the Scotish U21 loan is anything as successful at this L2 minnow as he was, then we'll be fine.
The other guy looks a lump, is he ?
Feeney is obviously struggling to get us goals as most of us thought and Chadders just ain't gonna be fit. In this league, with oour budget, I would rather have a young one than an old one ... always .... so that ticks my box. Here's hoping.

As for the 'cover' thing trotted out by both Fletcher and Brent, do me a favour, it's replacements we need, and I assume that's what we've signed and that the chat is embedded for the other players they'll be replacing.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:39 pm

And another GreenJock joins the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:46 pm

seadog wrote:
And another GreenJock joins the club.

Sorry Jock but...........Oh dear!

Feel free to ban me Mods! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:01 pm

I must be different from other folk somehow because I've always been a wait and see person rather than burst into condemnation before I actually know something. Just because nobody has heard of them doesn't mean they aren't any good or won't fit in and play well. I had never heard of Jamie Mackie, Craig Noone or even David Friio either before they came here. I hadn't heard of Tommy Tynan, Graham Coughlin and uncle tom cobley and all and could go on mentioning players for quite a bit. Like all players they have to start somewhere and they COULD prove to be inspirational signings just as much as not. It's a 50/50 guess so waiting and seeing them play. That's by going along by the way if you live close enough for the complainers who don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:08 pm

Lets be realistic we were never going to prise SEB away from Wolves so fingers crossed that this pair will work, the big German lad has scored 4 from the last 11 which doesn't sound too bad.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:18 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I must be different from other folk somehow because I've always been a wait and see person rather than burst into condemnation before I actually know something. Just because nobody has heard of them doesn't mean they aren't any good or won't fit in and play well. I had never heard of Jamie Mackie, Craig Noone or even David Friio either before they came here. I hadn't heard of Tommy Tynan, Graham Coughlin and uncle tom cobley and all and could go on mentioning players for quite a bit. Like all players they have to start somewhere and they COULD prove to be inspirational signings just as much as not. It's a 50/50 guess so waiting and seeing them play. That's by going along by the way if you live close enough for the complainers who don't.

They're on loan mate. Brent ain't spending. I sort of admire your positivity but ignore realism and you are an Aviva.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:28 pm

I am neither a number or a Tag somebody made up either. What exactly is the point of negativity when you haven't even seen them play? There is plenty of time for the doom merchants to have their little laugh if it doesn't work out. Given the words coming out of Home Park for christ knows how long now, what exactly did you expect us to sign? I repeat, I would much rather go along and have a look first hand before I condemn everything. The next one is Southend which will not be easy anyway so it is pretty much as hard an introduction as anyone could get and as high a litmus test for the two new boys. Give them a chance to kick a ball in anger first.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:45 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I am neither a number or a Tag somebody made up either. What exactly is the point of negativity when you haven't even seen them play? There is plenty of time for the doom merchants to have their little laugh if it doesn't work out. Given the words coming out of Home Park for christ knows how long now, what exactly did you expect us to sign? I repeat, I would much rather go along and have a look first hand before I condemn everything. The next one is Southend which will not be easy anyway so it is pretty much as hard an introduction as anyone could get and as high a litmus test for the two new boys. Give them a chance to kick a ball in anger first.

I can assure you that I won't be laughing. I am distraught with how far my club has fallen. I choose to spend liitle or no money and time watching the predictable demise in person because the club is still being influenced and run by people unfit for the role.
At least on ATD we can both post our vastly differing viewpoints.
I sincerely hope your optimism is this time rewarded.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:47 pm

Come on Sensible, be sensible there has not been a burst of condemnation, compared with the "lower league shite" thrown at Mackie by some on the farm, the comments have been constructive.

I hope they both do well and I get a chance to see them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

You're right of course SG, I guess the negativity as you put it is down to several reasons...neither are established players, one player comes from a club in the lower half of the FL and the other is only here until March and it doesn't really seem that Brent is all that concerned regarding the clubs position or he may have pushed the boat out a bit further to give us a greater chance of survival. I would suggest today's moves are not all that inspiring, but fingers crossed eh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:08 pm

So constant criticism is "constructive" is it. It could be said that stay away supporters are really armchair managers if labels have to be put on everything. We all know how wise armchair managers are especially after an event has taken place. Just because I want to actually see for myself what they are like before bursting into comment does not make me a happy clapper or Aviva or anything else. The title Aviva was made up by ATD to pour scorn on some optimists who post on PASOTI. Like titles of the "farm". Not everybody who posts on alternate forums can be classified as being on a "farm". You wonder why people don't like ATD at times? You do your best to wind them up yourselves with juvenile insults instead of taking the higher moral ground and being polite or not mentioning them at all. I am aware there is history but isn't it time to comment on matters yourselves rather than picking over another forum looking for things to have a chuckle about. I think however that a good number on here revel in their title thrown at them by "the farm". It is time both sides grew a pair and grew up. Plymothians seem to spend most of their time bemoaning that something will go wrong and are then supposedly distraught when it actually does. Why the wringing of hands if everyone thought it would anyway. Try a little alternative therapy and comment after the event has happened rather than just rubbish it anyeay. I want these two signings to be successful and will believe they will be until that is proved one way or the other. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong in the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:12 pm

what are you rambling about SG, this thread is about the new players brought to the club. Chill out a bit fella.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:25 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
So constant criticism is "constructive" is it. It could be said that stay away supporters are really armchair managers if labels have to be put on everything. We all know how wise armchair managers are especially after an event has taken place. Just because I want to actually see for myself what they are like before bursting into comment does not make me a happy clapper or Aviva or anything else. The title Aviva was made up by ATD to pour scorn on some optimists who post on PASOTI. Like titles of the "farm". Not everybody who posts on alternate forums can be classified as being on a "farm". You wonder why people don't like ATD at times? You do your best to wind them up yourselves with juvenile insults instead of taking the higher moral ground and being polite or not mentioning them at all. I am aware there is history but isn't it time to comment on matters yourselves rather than picking over another forum looking for things to have a chuckle about. I think however that a good number on here revel in their title thrown at them by "the farm". It is time both sides grew a pair and grew up. Plymothians seem to spend most of their time bemoaning that something will go wrong and are then supposedly distraught when it actually does. Why the wringing of hands if everyone thought it would anyway. Try a little alternative therapy and comment after the event has happened rather than just rubbish it anyeay. I want these two signings to be successful and will believe they will be until that is proved one way or the other. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong in the end.

Actually,looking back through this thread,most of the posters on it have taken a similar "wait and see" attitude,albeit expressed in slightly different ways ,to your own.In the interests of balance,here's a couple of quotes from a similar thread on PASOTI;

"6 career appearances, 1 goal, 5' 7". No thanks! We don't need any more short strikers."

"complete joke of a signing".

"All we want now is to sign Snow White......."

"This isn't the most promising of signings is it? Look at the track record".

Can't really understand why you've singled out ATD for an allegedly negative attitude.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS Empty

Back to top Go down

Two In - Confirmed on OS
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next