Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)

Go down 
+2
harvetheslayer
RegGreen
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) Empty
PostSubject: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 11:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
from link wrote:

Argyle manager Ryan Lowe is pleased with the progress being made on the Pilgrims’ retained list for the upcoming Sky Bet League One season.

Last week, Lowe extended 10 offers to senior squad players out of contract, and captain Gary Sawyer has already committed to extending his career at Home Park, while influential playmaker Danny Mayor has also triggered his contract option.

“We were pleased to get confirmation from Gaz and Danny early on,” said the manager. “Gaz is a brilliant character to have around the dressing room, and his experience and knowledge of the club is vital.

“Everyone knows what Danny brings to the team, he’s dynamic, creative, and a superb player at this level. We always knew he would take up the option, he’s really enjoying his football at Argyle.”

The Greens are also close to securing a number of extensions for some of their promising younger players, as well.

Lowe said: “We feel we have got the balance of youth and experience right, and we want to maintain our strong squad culture. Bringing through a few of the younger lads – the likes of Adam Randell, Klaidi Lolos, and Ryan Law, is important for the club moving forward. Developing our own talent is a big part of our blueprint.”

The Pilgrims are still in discussion with a few of the more senior members of the squad, although midfielder Antoni Sarcevic has confirmed he will not be taking up the Greens’ offer of a new deal.

Lowe said: “We respect Sarce’s decision – it was a family decision. He wanted to get back closer to home, and we can understand that.

“It would not have been an easy choice for him to make. We thank Sarce for the impact he had at the club, and we wish him all the best moving forward. As I have always said – if you choose move on, no problem – that’s football.

“We are very happy with our recruitment preparations for the upcoming season, and we feel that we have players in the squad who can step up to compete for that place, as well as bringing in fresh signings.”

Good luck else where then Sarcevic, good player but not irreplaceable i feel.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 12:25 pm

Tbh his had one good season since his been here which was last season previous season he was a stone & half overweight and couldn’t run or do it in L1
So maybe staying in L2 his is mark maybe ..cos as a professional footballer surely you’d wanna chance to play in a higher league as possible
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 12:49 pm

No loss. He was piss poor in L1 the season before
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 1:22 pm

Seems a bit odd they announce he is off like they did and not make that a stand alone announcement.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 1:23 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
No loss. He was piss poor in L1 the season before
yeah Harve no great loss. And certainly replaceable but that depends on the new holy ones budget who were not allow to criticise 😁 but then again with already set the bar low by resigning sawyer who really should be let’s have it Right be playing in the national league south
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 1:28 pm

Sarcs will be no loss if he's replaced with someone of equal ability. I wonder why he was voted player of the season if he's so average?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 1:52 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sarcs will be no loss if he's replaced with someone of equal ability. I wonder why he was voted player of the season if he's so average?
That’s all them avivias for you ...some have been slinging thereselfs off the Tamar bridge after hearing the news Very Happy
Tbh he did have a good season but the only one since his been here though otherwise bang average
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 3:24 pm

Would be ironic if salary caps came in to force and he ends up with a pay cut at a league 2 club (Salford).

It’s no surprise though. If there’s no cap then he’ll earn more money, in a league he’s more suited to ability wise, and be closer to ‘home’.

I do wish fuckers like him wouldn’t do all the kissing of the badge charade though etc etc
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 3:29 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

That’s the key.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 5:29 pm

Good player but not irreplaceable, not a Carey farewell more like a bye see you sometime
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 6:16 pm

Players like Sarcs are usually replaced after trying out two or three good players at our level with the inevitable injury niggles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 6:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

That’s the key.

i disagree. someone better would be better for us rather than equal too as Sarc despite the love in the kids on twitter and pasoti have for him he was that great and wasn't up to scratch in league one when we were there with him last time.

Fox and Songo'o pretty much did the lion share of the midfield duties with him alongside
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 9:45 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

That’s the key.

i disagree. someone better would be better for us rather than equal too as Sarc despite the love in the kids on twitter and pasoti have for him he was that great and wasn't up to scratch in league one when we were there with him last time.

Fox and Songo'o pretty much did the lion share of the midfield duties with him alongside

Someone better would be great, but in the current climate I’d take like for like.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 11:48 pm

Players come and players go and the club carries on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 6:04 pm

As rumoured Antoni has joined Bolton today [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 6:57 pm

Up until eighteen months ago he’d never set anywhere alight. He was great for us this season but he’d only have been bang average in League 1. I hope for his sake he doesn’t live to regret it.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 4:58 pm

It's the old adage money talks I suppose. Maybe he thinks there's more chance of L1 football in the longer term at Bolton.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 5:43 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Up until eighteen months ago he’d never set anywhere alight. He was great for us this season but he’d only have been bang average in League 1. I hope for his sake he doesn’t live to regret it.

to be honest im not too bothered he's left, as you say he it was only last season where he came into his own he was awful the season before but there again no one really shined there. League 2 is his level i think he knows that plus if moving to bolton gets him a pay day and he can live nearer his family then good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 8:14 pm

I reckon well miss him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 8:29 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I reckon well miss him.

he'll be a miss but hes not irreplaceable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 10:46 am

I always got the impression Lowe wasnt enamoured with him at the start of the season, i didnt think that much of his footy the previous season either - hes gone, ill scream for the next guy in his number!!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 11:25 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I reckon well miss him.

You can keep saying that until the cows come home but until he is actually replaced with a better player it's all hot air. With the austerity talk becoming more and more plain I'm wondering if he will even get replaced at all?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 11:43 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I reckon well miss him.

You can keep saying that until the cows come home but until he is actually replaced with a better player it's all hot air. With the austerity talk becoming more and more plain I'm wondering if he will even get replaced at all?

he wasnt that good though. he was mediocre the majority of the time he was here, overweight and a liability at times. It was only last season when he lost weight got fit and played without running up to a player to headbut him infront of a ref he did well. He wont be hard to replaced austerity or not.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 1:02 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I reckon well miss him.

he wasnt that good though. he was mediocre the majority of the time he was here, overweight and a liability at times. It was only last season when he lost weight got fit and played without running up to a player to headbut him infront of a ref he did well. He wont be hard to replaced austerity or not.

But last season he was undeniably a very good player for us, time will tell. I won't hold my breath in the mean time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)   Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Antoni Sarcevic gone (confirmed)
Page 1 of 1