Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
Mock Cuncher
Earwegoagain
ConDeLaCreme
zyph
pepsipete
tigertony
Lord Melbury
PlymptonPilgrim
Elias
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Czarcasm
Rickler
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Rollo Tomasi
Sir Francis Drake
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 11:18 am

"Blaming Remainers for the Brexit debacle is like blaming fire alarms for fires." - James O'Brien.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 11:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 11:57 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

Irish border is simple just stick some gates up and staff it with British customs.piece of piss. You see the remainers see this as complicated when it isn't. The direction you and yours are following is one that doesn't deliver on Brexit ie a soft Brexit and there is no such thing as the EU won't compromise, at all, on anything hence why we voted to leave.
Typical 19th century English flag waving retort .....sod the Irish and their wishes. Little changes.
They are our neighbours, you know, and there was me thinking this was all about "free trade" Razz .

Last edited by beesrus on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 11:58 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
No. Completely wrong.

My wish is to smithereen Brexit into oblivion. Nothing less.

All of it.

Not a vestige to remain.

There is no such thing as a Good Brexit. Might as well try to seek out unicorn shit. It doesn't exist.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 12:08 pm

The intellectual dishonesty of the Brexit Taliban is now in full view.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
The house didn't burn down the day we decided to set to fire to it, so it duly follows that it won't burn down the day we actually set fire to it.

Nice imaginative analogy and equally nifty bit of goalpost shifting. The disaster was supposed to happen the day after Brexit-economic collapse, race persecution ["the genie out of the bottle"] and all of the other bullshit which was propagated at the time. Nothing remotely like that scenario has occurred, so what basis is there for anyone to believe that the scare story stuff is any more likely to happen in the future? Good to see that Pat has digested the truth and would now vote leave should a second referendum take place. Remainers seem to assume that should such a rerun take place then their side would be certain to win but that is very far from the case. Many people will have seen through the doomsday scenario for the rubbish that it is and will also have noted the intransigence and frankly bullying attitude of the European Union during the "negotiations" and put two and two together-my money would be on an increased leave vote. But hey,lets hope it doesn't come to that and that Boris or someone else has the bottle to start the process of putting the poor old cow out of her misery.

You completely miss the fact that back in those heady days, we were going to march into Brussels with a long list of demands and we were going to emerge with an trade deal. Now that has been reduced to rubble we'll either get a watered down version of what we have now or a no deal, cliff edge hard brexit which we haven't planned for.

Johnson, Davis nor any of the others have shown  any bottle in the last 2 years so its unlikely they're going to start now and actually own this mess they have created. More lijkely there will  be sniping from the comfort of the back benches without any offer as to exactly how to solve anything.

And of course its all everyone elses fault. Judges, MP's, remainers, the EU... We won we won.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 2:35 pm

beesrus wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Irish border is simple just stick some gates up and staff it with British customs.piece of piss. You see the remainers see this as complicated when it isn't. The direction you and yours are following is one that doesn't deliver on Brexit ie a soft Brexit and there is no such thing as the EU won't compromise, at all, on anything hence why we voted to leave.
Typical 19th century English flag waving retort .....sod the Irish and their wishes. Little changes.
They are our neighbours, you know, and there was me thinking this was all about "free trade"  Razz .

Good luck trying to find someone to fill those positions.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 2:57 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

They are our neighbours, you know, and there was me thinking this was all about "free trade"  Razz .

Good luck trying to find someone to fill those positions.

If we are out we are out and that means there will be a border with Ireland well have to get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 3:00 pm

As an aside if the British Gov had approached being in the EU like the Irish had I would have voted remain, they have many many free perks, better child are, looking after the elderly and infirm trouble is they have the rampant inflation that goes with being in the Euro but it's a different system than we have which is share the money out between the big boys and feck the hard working men and women that actually make this country viable for everyone to live in.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
The intellectual dishonesty of the Brexit Taliban is now in full view.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Taliban now lol. What about Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Airbus plus other large American banks funding remain?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 3:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 3:22 pm

[quote="beesrus"]
Earwegoagain wrote:

They are our neighbours, you know, and there was me thinking this was all about "free trade"  Razz .[/quote

Not for the first time you've got it wrong, flag waving retort? I'll leave the flag waving to our Irish neighbours they love that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
"Blaming Remainers for the Brexit debacle is like blaming fire alarms for fires." - James O'Brien.

How about Gina Miller? One of the elite and mate of our old mate Blair if I'm not mistaken? She wasted thousands of hours of parliament and the Lords time chucking her money at trying to overturn a legal vote of the people.
How about Blair as well, shadowy think tanks taking ministers to the Ivy Club for lunch? Funded by whoe exactly? The banks the businessmen and the big conglomerates who have made you believe that you're part of their club, have a word with yourself.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 3:29 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
"Four eyed"?

LOL.

Haven't been called that since Primary school.

I've never been called swivel eyed, ever until now. If you don't like insults then don't hand them out for me to reply to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 3:31 pm

White Paper on Britains future relationship with the EU to be published on Thursday. Michael Barnier now saying up to 80% of deal has been agreed. Still no vote of confidence in Parliament, they'd better get their skates on....

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Ooohhh I can't wait to see what kind of a mealy mouthed cave in this will be. Protecting our sovereignty by allowing free movement of people, jurisdiction of the EU court and massive bills to pay for the big boys to trade. Ie no Brexit. I predict a riot. Got the weather for it as well.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 3:35 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Now I've seen that you've won me over Frank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Ooohhh I can't wait to see what kind of a mealy mouthed cave in this will be. Protecting our sovereignty by allowing free movement of people, jurisdiction of the EU court and massive bills to pay for the big boys to trade. Ie no Brexit. I predict a riot. Got the weather for it as well.

Its due to rain next week and anyway football will have come home. I predict it to all go quiet.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Feck me even my own MP Geoffery Cox who sits for the rotten borough of West Devon who tirelessly campaigns to protect the EU Bunce that the wealthiest landowners in the country get has been promoted to Attorney General. He doesn't talk to me and because I'm not respectful enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 4:24 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I believe few of these "surveys", however, speaking personally, I'm delighted at the difference in culture so many Europeans have made to Plymouth. Gone is the overriding Janner thing throughout the town, bar a few pubs and Home Park.
Little changed in the back tracks of wild west devon obviously in my working experience, but modern conventions are coming, brexit or no. I know a couple of farmers Sourton way, whose daughters are ashamed of them and their views, having had a  further education outside of the fold.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 4:31 pm

beesrus wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I believe few of these "surveys", however, speaking personally, I'm delighted at the difference in culture so many Europeans have made to Plymouth. Gone is the overriding Janner thing throughout the town bar a few pubs and Home Park.
Little changed in the back tracks of wild west devon obviously in my working experience, but modern conventions are coming, brexit or no. I know a couple of farmers whose daughters are ashamed of them and their views having had a  further education outside of the fold.

I'm married to one of them, her family could all have lived on the Edwardian farm they were literally bought up a hundred years before us. Believe it or not they are all remainers though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 5:00 pm

I came across zero remainers in my time at Sourton and backward Okey.
There's a few brave souls out there putting away their guns, another 2 very good friends from generational farming stock of the Teign valley are now hunt sabs and vegans. Change is coming, brexit or not. The cities are changing, so will the country. It's inevitable, almost fashionable. Very powerful fashion, look at the tatts and beards now sprouting.
I don't have a problem with concern and pride in one's tribe, but I do have a problem with nationalism exploited by the wrong sort. Heaven knows it's been done enough times to ill effect.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Hipsters are so yesterday, except Devon which is a 'bit' behind
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 6:30 pm

beesrus wrote:
Change is coming, brexit or not. The cities are changing, so will the country.

Very true. I see a gang of Lithuanians were in court yesterday charged with the armed robbery of a million quids worth of jewellery from a shop in Truro, who'd have predicted that 50 years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Good. Nasty people. I see they also got Ronnie Biggs in the end too, that english armed great train robbery creep. Who would have predicted that after "who killed Bambi ?" all those years ago.
I'm not interested in their race, nationality or creed. Are you, Les ?  I'm interested in their behaviour, nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next