Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
Mock Cuncher
Earwegoagain
ConDeLaCreme
zyph
pepsipete
tigertony
Lord Melbury
PlymptonPilgrim
Elias
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Czarcasm
Rickler
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Rollo Tomasi
Sir Francis Drake
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
And i voted primarily to uncouple from the unelected, undemocratic and bankrupt EU.

But you're fine with the House of Lords?
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 1:53 pm

Please point me to where I have ever said that.

You can't so why say it ?

You appear to be getting desperate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 2:56 pm

I didn't say you said it.

I'm just pointing out that if you don't like the EU for being undemocratic and unelected how can you put up with the house of lords?

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 3:21 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
And i voted primarily to uncouple from the unelected, undemocratic and bankrupt EU.

That, I'm afraid is a common mistake and I think one which was copied by many millions of voters. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the European Union, as it's name implies it is a union of European countries, nation states doing business with each other in all manner of areas, trade, defence etc etc.

The problem with 'Europe' is the unelected, undemocratic European Commission and their now federalist agenda. They were originally intended to be the Secretariat of the new Europe, taking care of the bureaucracy leaving the member states to work together for the benefit of all - which was fine in the early days, even up to 15 countries.

But since the Union expanded, the Commission have taken their opportunity to grow their power and influence to a point where they cannot be disentangled from any of the member states. They try to bring forward legislation, they try to influence Heads of State, they, quite simply, want to control Europe. They want Europe to be one entity, not separate countries. The Commission are unelected and undemocratic, not the European Union.

It is that organisation that causes the problems, and it is that organisation that this country should be trying to change, or even get rid of. Without it, there would be a much stronger Europe, and we wouldn't be faced with this nonsense of leaving a perfectly good EU because nobody understood what the real issues were.

Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 4:48 pm

There is nothing wrong with the European Union, you say. And that me and millions of others got it wrong.

Don't know where to begin with that one.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 6:30 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:

There is nothing wrong with the European Union, you say. And that me and millions of others got it wrong.

Don't know where to begin with that one.

There is nothing wrong with a union of European countries. Unless your a complete isolationist.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 6:01 pm

Today's bit of Brexit fuckwittery comes from Labour's Ben Bradshaw. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I always had him down as one of the more level-headed MPs but it seem not.
I'd have expected this sort of thing from the likes of Anna Soubry, Tim Farron or David Lammy.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 7:30 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Today's bit of Brexit fuckwittery comes from Labour's Ben Bradshaw.  Laughing

I always had him down as one of the more level-headed MPs but it seem not.
I'd have expected this sort of thing from the likes of Anna Soubry, Tim Farron or David Lammy.  

Good job it's not written on the side of a bus!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 8:01 pm

At least Russian hackers hasn't been discredited or disowned yet. You forgot the extra £350 million a week for the NHS though.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 8:49 pm

Immediate punishment budget
Immediate Brexit recession
Companies leaving the UK in their droves on return of an "out" vote

You seem to have forgotten these gems, how could this be ?

lol!
Hugh Watt wrote:
Russian hackers hasn't been discredited.
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 8:37 am

Have a look at the pounds performance against the dollar, that tells you all you need to know. What happened in June??

Nissan were one company that threatened to move manufacturing but thanks to the Governments grovelling seem to have placated, I wonder what happened there?

We don't even know what sort of Brexit we're getting and none of you lot seemed to progressed beyond "You lost... get over it ... you lost. get over it... you lost..."

But then detail was never the strongpoint of the leave campaign or indeed truth.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 3:52 pm

Pounds value to the euro looks fairly healthy, higher than what it was from 1999 to 2007 and the mean average from 2007 on looks not to different from today's rate.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 4:27 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

We don't even know what sort of Brexit we're getting and none of you lot seemed to progressed beyond "You lost... get over it ... you lost. get over it... you lost..."

But then detail was never the strongpoint of the leave campaign or indeed truth.

Did we know what was going to happen when "the common market" was formed" Did it turn out the way everyone expected? Did everyone expect the same?

Who knows what the future brings? Nobody ever did and nobody ever will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 10:44 pm

Marriage is preferable to divorce.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 10:53 pm

A lot of married people might well disagree about that!

Not me. I celebrated 25 years a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 10:04 pm

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 10:24 pm

Wikipedia:

After returning as Prime Minister, Churchill issued a note for the Cabinet on 29 November 1951. He listed British Foreign Policy priorities as Commonwealth unity and consolidation, "fraternal association" of the English-speaking world (i.e. the Commonwealth and the US), then thirdly "United Europe, to which we are a closely—and specially-related ally and friend … (it is) only when plans for uniting Europe take a federal form that we cannot take part, because we cannot subordinate ourselves or the control of British policy to federal authorities".
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 12:50 am

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 12:35 pm

Thang goodness we are in the EU!!!

Oh! But wait.......
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Rickler wrote:
Wikipedia:

After returning as Prime Minister, Churchill issued a note for the Cabinet on 29 November 1951. He listed British Foreign Policy priorities as Commonwealth unity and consolidation, "fraternal association" of the English-speaking world (i.e. the Commonwealth and the US), then thirdly "United Europe, to which we are a closely—and specially-related ally and friend … (it is) only when plans for uniting Europe take a federal form that we cannot take part, because we cannot subordinate ourselves or the control of British policy to federal authorities".

Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2016 2:04 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Thang goodness we are in the EU!!!

Oh! But wait.......

The people have spoken, the bastards. Famous quote from Churchill after losing the 1945 General Election.

Seems like you have similar thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 10:42 am

So, a hard (extreme) brexit.
May cosying up to Trump.
Next stop Erdogan.

Then who? Putin? Kim Yong-Un? A pact with the devil (if there's a trade deal in it!).

Is this what you brexit lot really voted for?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 11:47 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
So, a hard (extreme) brexit.
May cosying up to Trump.
Next stop Erdogan.

Then who? Putin? Kim Yong-Un? A pact with the devil (if there's a trade deal in it!).

Is this what you brexit lot really voted for?

How's the total collapse of the British economy coming along? You know best of course but from this perspective, it looks about as far off as a trade deal with North Korea or Russia, can't recall Theresa May being particularly complimentary to Putin in her US speeches. Presumably from your POV it will happen as soon as article 50 is triggered but hopefully your prediction on that one will be as accurate as the forecasts that you made back in June.

Still whingeing after all these months, to paraphrase S and G.

Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 11:55 am

All, I'll say is "good luck" when Article 50 is actually invoked......

Then it will truly be "Little Britain".

Whatever happens, you've only got yourselves to blame/congratulate.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Oh, btw, I fully accept that the will of 30 odd percent of the electorate will be implemented.

What I worry about is "what" will be implemented.

You brexit lot appear not to care and are prepared to let May and co do whatever they want!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next