Rickler
RegGreen
Tgwu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 8:53 pm

Mr Brent said he had his fingers burned – and squandered £1.5million of non-football club cash, on drawing up previous plans for the stadium, a multiplex cinema, hotel and other commercial amenities.

Did this money come out of his pocket?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 pm

Tgwu wrote:

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 9:05 pm

The Erole wrote:
Mr Brent (above) said he had his fingers burned – and squandered £1.5million of non-football club cash – on drawing up previous plans for the stadium, a multiplex cinema, hotel and other commercial amenities.

These were made redundant when British Land subsequently won planning approval for a £40million cinema and leisure scheme at Bretonside, next to Drake Circus Shopping Centre.

"Once bitten twice shy," Mr Brent said. "We had plans that were approved by planning committee that were very well advanced.

"They cost about £1.5million – the club did not put a penny into that – but it cost us about £1.5million to produce the plans and get them consented, and then that particular scheme couldn't go ahead."

I do wish he (and his mates and followers) would stop saying this. Planning permission for HHP was granted eighteen months - that's eighteen months, or one and a half years, or two complete pregnancies - before the application for Bretonside was even submitted. To keep on connecting them in this way is disingenuous, to put it mildly (and politely).

And breathe.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Reading the Herald comments - it's as if some fans have only just realised what was proposed for HHP - it's almost as if 'the club is in safe hands, trust in Brent, hang on he wanted to build what?!'
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 5:46 am

Thanks to his jamboys on Pisspotty and in the tents he has the dimwitted , ever present masses onside and will say and do whatever he likes. The team's results at present give him further breathing space.

Only a coordinated response from the unblinkered section of the fanbase, led by the Trust/Never Again groups, to boycott matches over the ground purchase would make him twitch a little. Won't stop him though.............he knows what makes janner football folk tick.

I shall personally continue with my boycott lol. It's all too depressing and of course, village.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 6:36 am

Tgwu wrote:

Course it didnt it came out of Club funds. The geezers Potless and this freehold purchase and subsequent revaluation is his pot of gold and final throw of the dice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 6:37 am

Still nothing on the Farm about it.
Back to top Go down
Cerbera

Cerbera

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 7:35 am

Tringreen wrote:
Thanks to his jamboys on Pisspotty and in the tents he has the dimwitted , ever present masses onside and will say and do whatever he likes. The team's results at present give him further breathing space.

Only a coordinated response from the unblinkered section of the fanbase, led by the Trust/Never Again groups, to boycott matches over the ground purchase would make him twitch a little. Won't stop him though.............he knows what makes janner football folk tick.

I shall personally continue with my boycott lol. It's all too depressing and of course, village.

Blimey, I agree with this, too.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

Cerbera wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Blimey, I agree with this, too.

affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 8:15 am

I don't keep on top of local Plymouth news but does the council really think that thousands of Americans are going to visit Plymouth in 2020?

I would venture not. More Americans will visit Harry Potter world than visit Plymouth. They will not want the other associated benefits of visiting the south-west as we see them. Why waste time going to the moors when you've got far more extreme scenery at home? They want shops, history and Harry Potter and there is far more history in London and the surrounding areas than there is spending five hours on a bus to see some steps.

How much money are they spending on this sham?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 9:00 am

Even if these thousands upon thousands of Americans are sat at home deciding on whether to descend upon Plymouth, does the council seriously believe that a tinpot football stand, home to a tinpot team competing in a sport they are completely uninterested in, sitting in a suburban parkland is going to make a blind bit of difference?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 9:17 am

Peggy wrote:
The Erole wrote:
Mr Brent (above) said he had his fingers burned – and squandered £1.5million of non-football club cash – on drawing up previous plans for the stadium, a multiplex cinema, hotel and other commercial amenities.

These were made redundant when British Land subsequently won planning approval for a £40million cinema and leisure scheme at Bretonside, next to Drake Circus Shopping Centre.

"Once bitten twice shy," Mr Brent said. "We had plans that were approved by planning committee that were very well advanced.

"They cost about £1.5million – the club did not put a penny into that – but it cost us about £1.5million to produce the plans and get them consented, and then that particular scheme couldn't go ahead."

I do wish he (and his mates and followers) would stop saying this. Planning permission for HHP was granted eighteen months - that's eighteen months, or one and a half years, or two complete pregnancies - before the application for Bretonside was even submitted. To keep on connecting them in this way is disingenuous, to put it mildly (and politely).

And breathe.

Same sort of tactic at Torquay-hopelessly fail to deliver, then have the gall to try to sue the council and put the blame on them for the "delay". I suppose you have to admire the nerve of the bloke in a way, certainly a difficult to pin down sort of man.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 9:34 am

i think there is more chance of a dedicated cruise ship berth being built by 2020, handy for American tourists than yer man Brent ever laying a single brick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 1:12 pm

£1.5m of non-club money? Somehow that figure does not ring true at all, it seems out of character with Brent's whole approach to his 'projects', certainly where Argyle are concerned, to spend such a sum with no guaranteed return.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 1:29 pm

he got 2 million from the council to run Pavillions......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 1:30 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Still nothing on the Farm about it.
Are we surprised?
'Talk about the football' lol!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 5:06 pm

Yeah i thought they only reamed jimmys arse & talk football on pisspotty now...lol
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 6:18 pm

So when is Jimmy giving a starting date for the Erection Laughing of his Magnificent Mini Stand, who is the Contractor, and are the Magic Pixies putting up the dosh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 6:57 pm

What is wrong with this freak - he concocts a dogs friggin dinner of a plan and gets stung £1.5mill and dibs out on the deal then tries to lump the blame on a proper plan in the right bloody place? Beggars belief how the sheep can't see it - incredibly the team are masking the problems upstairs!!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 7:58 pm

Brent will never build the stand, mini or otherwise. Once the freehold has been purchased, some work will be undertaken to design the stand, at minimal cost obviously, outline planning permission will be sought, and probably granted by PCC.

Brent can then walk away having sold his shares for a huge percentage increase on what he paid, leaving everything in place for the new owner(s) to actually fork out the money and actually build the thing.

Or am I being cynical?

It'll all end in tears.
Back to top Go down
Cousin Jack

Cousin Jack

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 7:14 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Reading the Herald comments - it's as if some fans have only just realised what was proposed for HHP - it's almost as if 'the club is in safe hands, trust in Brent, hang on he wanted to build what?!'
This is trueish, Im guilty of being blinded by the thought of at last replacing the emptiness of the Mayflower.
I'm now much more enlightened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 9:26 pm

PatDunne wrote:

Which is a sad state of affairs. Surely the fact that the club nearly ceased to exist is an excellent reason to keep a very close eye on how it's being run in the future. To that extent, the depiction by the usual suspects of Brent as the saviour who must not be questioned and the lack of proper journalism from the local rag is highly irresponsible.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 10:24 pm

Change "Mayflower Anniversary" to "World Cup bid" and you've got a real case of history repeating itself.

Next announcement will be that Kagami is back on the board
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 10:31 pm

Cousin Jack wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
This is trueish, Im guilty of being blinded by the thought of at last replacing the emptiness of the Mayflower.
I'm now much more enlightened.

I have relatives who live in Plymouth and have no idea what has been going on at Argyle since the new owner came to town. They and their friends didn't even know about 'Captaingate' when I told them after the Wembley final!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 10:43 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Change "Mayflower Anniversary"  to "World Cup bid"   and you've got a real case of history repeating itself.

Next announcement will be that Kagami is back on the board

Next announcement will be that Kagami Hallett is back really on  board and will be providing funds for the commercial and licensing rights to the USA the purchase of the stadium.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Stand by 2020   New Stand by 2020 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Stand by 2020
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2