pepsipete
MikeWN
mouldyoldgoat
Tgwu
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Can argyle win the title? Empty
PostSubject: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 10:53 am

I say no, top three if we our lucky
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 11:36 am

Maybe.

If we don't then I can guarantee that we will be in one of the other 23 places in the table. clown

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 1:41 pm

Going out on a limb there, mouldy. If you're so confident, I challenge you to sit on a French beach in a burkini, should you be proved wrong!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Of course they could win the title, wether they will is a different matter.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Team is nowhere good enough. Another miserable season of brent non-funded disappointment ahead. Pompey and Luton will be fighting it out for the title. We'll be 4th division shit as long as brent remains.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 11:10 pm

No, but finishing in third place will do.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 11:59 pm

Can we - Yes
Will we - No

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 8:55 am

Can't help wondering if our form will turn to shit post Xmas (again).
Just want out of this league, still on the bright side we have an ambitious owner ready to fund the promotion push.
sarcasm
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 10:37 am

Nope be the same as the last 2seasons brent will be going for the hat-trick no investment again in the jan window..plus by then there be no money for players as every pennys already sqweezed to buy the ground by then
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 2:12 pm

You're right there, you can't beat the tried and tested footballing austerity, keep it cheap keep it ticking over strategy.
Particularly as the green tinted, blind faithful will gladly top up the reluctant ones pension pot forever and a day. deadhorse
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 5:56 pm

When it comes to January smooth Jimmy wont back Adams in the Transfer Window like all the previous windows and the club will be scrabbling to make the playoffs which will be the usual letdown if they even get there.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 6:15 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
When it comes to January smooth Jimmy wont back Adams in the Transfer Window like all the previous windows and the club will be scrabbling to make the playoffs which will be the usual letdown if they even get there.

Sounds about right to me, all seems so predictably depressing, or perhaps Jimmy will surprise us all Laughing
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 6:25 pm

akagreengull wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Sounds about right to me, all seems so predictably depressing, or perhaps Jimmy will surprise us all Laughing
i wouldnt hold your breath on that one lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 6:26 pm

akagreengull wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Jimmy's telling the happy clappy's what a great job he's doing simply to gain support for his reluctant freehold bid. once the club start paying sky high rent to the Oldway Legend then Argyle will be terminally fooked....... win the league!!!! laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 12:02 pm

Yes, we can. Completely up for grabs this season - hopefully we have learnt the lessons of last season.
Back to top Go down
vincent_vega

vincent_vega

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 2:16 pm

I think Adams was caught out a little bit last season so I am hoping he will use that experience to good effect. Winning ugly is fine as long as we dont get complacent on and off the pitch.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 3:27 pm

Can they, yes.

Will they, time will tell.

Finishing second or third will do for me.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 3:30 pm

One of our 'strikers' needs to start hitting the target regularly. But I'm damned if I can see potential to do that in any of them. Maybe the loanee from Brizzle will be the one.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 3:55 pm

only if the strikeforce pull their weight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 4:03 pm

no not unless we actually strengthen in january which has killed our promotion chances for the last 2 years by not doing so.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Angry wrote:
no not unless we actually strengthen in january which has killed our promotion chances for the last 2 years by not doing so.

Agree.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
One of our 'strikers' needs to start hitting the target regularly. But I'm damned if I can see potential to do that in any of them. Maybe the loanee from Brizzle will be the one.

They do indeed.

Carey could come in to his own here and make a name for himself, but then again so could one or two others.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 11:35 am

No, Doncaster will.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 8:37 pm

nzgreen wrote:
No, Doncaster will.

What i have seen of them on the CH 5 show, they look OK.

If you look at the top of League Two as it stands at the moment,, those four teams that currently sit there could be the ones fighting it out for promotion ?.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can argyle win the title?   Can argyle win the title? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can argyle win the title?
Page 1 of 1