zyph
akagreengull
Sir Francis Drake
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Has James Brent lost his tongue? Empty
PostSubject: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 10:13 pm

I may well be wrong here but I can't recall anything... Has there been any attibutable quote about anything at all from Our Beloved Leader since Wembley?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 10:18 pm

aint seen owt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 10:59 pm

probably realised no one believes a word he says so saving his breath and quietly feckin the club around quietly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 11:01 pm

got his court case with Torbay Council at the moment i think
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 9:36 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I may well be wrong here but I can't recall anything... Has there been any attibutable quote about anything at all from Our Beloved Leader since Wembley?
Laughing Did you really expect him to? He has a track record of saying bugger all, he will break his silence if somehow Derek is able to achieve some kind of success with  his allocated inadequate budget.
Still awaiting the call of "we are backing Derek Adams fully in the transfer market to gain promotion this season" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 7:06 am

akagreengull wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Laughing Did you really expect him to? He has a track record of saying bugger all, he will break his silence if somehow Derek is able to achieve some kind of success with  his allocated inadequate budget.
Still awaiting the call of "we are backing Derek Adams fully in the transfer market to gain promotion this season" Rolling Eyes

Ten full time new players.... and more promised.... doesn't sound too inadequate....Derek Adams seems to be bringing in players that he wants....just have to wait and see what he can do with them.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 7:39 am

'Friends, Janners, Avivas ! The board, after much deliberation, has decided to take up the option of buying the freehold. Rejoice ! We will of course, continue to need you to fill the tents and buckets and be photographed with the lads, who all bleed green. Don't worry about a thing. Just enjoy the ride. Give us your money and you can have a free pasty and a can of lager too ! I know, you don't deserve me but I did save you, because that's the sort of bloke I am.'
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 9:37 am

Tringreen wrote:
'Friends, Janners, Avivas ! The board, after much deliberation, has decided to take up the option of buying the freehold. Rejoice ! We will of course, continue to need you to fill the tents and buckets and be photographed with the lads, who all bleed green. Don't worry about a thing. Just enjoy the ride. Give us your money and you can have a free pasty and a can of lager too ! I know, you don't deserve me but I did save you, because that's the sort of bloke I am.'
Thumbs laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 9:44 am

My lad saw him at St Blazey yesterday
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 10:07 am

Tringreen wrote:
Yooom not welcome in the ocean city, Squire Jimmy has made Argo a fourth division giant he bleeds green i tells eeh. sunny sunny cheers geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 1:39 pm

zyph wrote:

akagreengull wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Ten full time new players.... and more promised.... doesn't sound too inadequate....Derek Adams seems to be bringing in players that he wants....just have to wait and see what he can do with them.

What has the number of players got to do with anything? Surely only quantity AND quality count, quantity by itself means nothing. Full time players, eh? Luxury. No expense spared at Brent's Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 1:52 pm

Only the avivas consider players a luxury
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 10:52 am

Yes that's the point, isn't it fairly normal for a club to have signed ten new players on contract, shame it didn't happen in January, when some 0f the other clubs around us strengthened and got promoted. I don't get the impression Derek has an adequate budget to get promotion. It looks like he is using his scouting expertise to get a decent number of players in, although at the moment some of the fitness and quality of these players beg questions.
I don't know if Brent has put his hand in his wallet or Derek is being canny with his team building, but again the attitude of the fans perceiving are we are lucky to have a club and an owner who saved us, and we got ten players on permanent contracts this season doesn't bode well for promotion, because it says to the board we will blindly follow you.
The fanbase should be demanding promotion not hoping for it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 4:25 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Yes that's the point, isn't it fairly normal for a club to have signed ten new players on contract, shame it didn't happen in January, when some 0f the other clubs around us strengthened and got promoted. I don't get the impression Derek has an adequate budget to get promotion. It looks like he is using his scouting expertise to get a decent number of players in, although at the moment some of the fitness and quality of these players beg questions.
I don't know if Brent has put his hand in his wallet or Derek is being canny with his team building, but again the attitude of the fans perceiving are we are lucky to have a club and an owner who saved us, and we got ten players on permanent contracts this season doesn't bode well for promotion, because it says to the board we will blindly follow you.

The reluctant one knew he needed janner cheerleaders to keep the largely dimwitted natives onside. So he gave the pork and the beard the nod that they could have the run of the place in return for services rendered.
The culture they have helped create is small minded, needy [or nerdy] and ever so happy to feel they belong. The fact they are still festing, five years on shows just how hooked they are. Everyone wants to be someone, including the disco dancing vet !

Even Luggy is always telling everyone to get back on the rollercoaster .......................after all, the idiots game has provided him with a very good living.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 4:45 pm

akagreengull wrote:

Better budget than some of the Scottish Premiership Clubs.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 7:50 pm

But not as good as motherwell & aberdeen who have signed McHugh & anthony O'Connor
Respectively zyph
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 8:00 pm

McHugh himself said that Motherwell where offering less money than Argyle.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 8:29 pm

but a two year contract......
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 9:14 pm

....and to a club that has just a little ambition.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 8:33 am

How dare you use the  A word, we've been saved haven't we, what more do you want?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has James Brent lost his tongue?   Has James Brent lost his tongue? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has James Brent lost his tongue?
Page 1 of 1