Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 8:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 10:22 pm

If PL teams want their b teams / academies in a league or cup competition then they can start their own and pay for it themselves.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 7:31 pm

It seems 7 clubs voted 'no' thus far 7 clubs have publicly declared their 'no' vote.
It would 'appear' that PAFC voted for this new format?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 9:33 pm

PatDunne wrote:
It seems 7 clubs voted 'no' thus far 7 clubs have publicly declared their 'no' vote.
Flicking around there are 8 clubs claiming to have said 'no' ?? I'm sure tomorrow when the hangovers from Portugal have gone the club will make a statement. Don't hold your breath though.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 9:48 pm

tigertony wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Flicking around there are 8 clubs claiming to have said 'no' ?? I'm sure tomorrow when the hangovers from Portugal have gone the club will make a statement. Don't hold your breath though.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:53 pm

Couldn't they have held in Lowestoft or somewhere?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 11:00 pm

Newton Abbots cider bar would have been good. Got some great Elderberry wine in a barrel there
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 11:56 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Newton Abbots cider bar would have been good. Got some great Elderberry wine in a barrel there

Haven't been there for many a year. Real spit and sawdust back then. Women could only get served a half!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 10:14 am

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

Haven't been there for many a year. Real spit and sawdust back then. Women could only get served a half!!! cheers cheers

Probably after I went there with my missus! cheers Goldie Looking Chain anybody? lol!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 1:51 pm

Well I did get a response from the EFL to my email when I called the decision a disgrace. Hot air though!

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your email, we note your comments.
May we take this opportunity to remind you that this is for one season only and is on a trial basis.
Whilst we understand that not everyone will agree with the idea, the EFL is committed to looking at ways of re-inventing our competitions in a way that will provide maximum benefit for our clubs.
The proposal was sent to clubs and much consultation took place to at the Summer Conference, where clubs were asked to vote in their divisional meetings.
We will be monitoring the trial closely with all of our member clubs.
Further information and full details will be released in due course.
Thank you once again for contacting the EFL. Your feedback is gratefully received.
Regards,
Jessica Crook
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 3:04 pm

So Starnes confirms, PAFC voted yes......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 3:09 pm

Wadda surprise, not. Fits in with this disaster of a limited company. I wonder who got to choose the club policy. Rugby property squatter Brent ?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 3:23 pm

PatDunne wrote:

And the reason why.

Quote :
We also felt that, although we do have some concerns about it, with the Football League helping Plymouth Argyle extensively five years ago, when the club was coming out of administration and allowing us to continue in the Football League, we ought to show some solidarity

You couldn't make it up. Although I think he did once he saw the fans angst.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 1:47 pm

No surprise from the the clowns at home park
Personally I think its a bad idea for the lower leagues and there is already an u21 premier league
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Dougie wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

And the reason why.

Quote :
We also felt that, although we do have some concerns about it, with the Football League helping Plymouth Argyle extensively five years ago, when the club was coming out of administration and allowing us to continue in the Football League, we ought to show some solidarity

You couldn't make it up.  Although I think he did once he saw the fans angst.

If they are that interested in showing 'solidarity' with the football league, makes you wonder why they didn't shwo solidarity by paying the full football creditors debt on coming out of administration rather than spreading it over 5 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Very Bad Joke   A Very Bad Joke - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Very Bad Joke
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2