The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Statement from Dane

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dane ,

Statement from Dane Empty
PostSubject: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:32 am

[Moved by Nick as per Dane's request to put it on Block 17 forum]

I thought I should write a short peace explaining what has gone on over the past few weeks so people can hear the truth about whats gone. A lot of people are putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.

There was period of about 18 months or so where I didn’t even look at pasoti, I then received a text from a non-posting friend before xmas suggesting I should look at this new site ATD. A few days past and I eventually had a look. I signed up as dane_b and my intentions were to just take part in Argyle discussions.

I also signed up to Pasoti as Tim_Hughes. Posted in a sensible way and that was that. I got rumbled on pasoti as tim_hughes and was banned for the past problems I caused. The more and more I read ATD the clearer it became that they disliked certain individuals and it was here I saw an opportunity for a wind up. I jumped on the band wagon and proceeded to join in and stir the pot. I registered another user name called BIG BOSS MAN and flicked between the two user names to slowly cause a few problems, nothing harm full, just light hearted.

I read a comment from someone on ATD asking if Ian Newell was a poster on the forum. This triggered off an idea to make an account in his name, it was easy to do so as on ATD there was no email validation, so I just signed straight in. I didn’t expect the back lash between the sites to be on such a large scale. When I saw the trouble un-folding I selected 2 or 3 posters on ATD That seemed very out spoken and planted the story about the football shirts, I knew this would anger some and again stir the pot. This action caused GREENJOCK to publish a private PM he had received from Ian, which in itself caused a lot of problems for Ian where by his personal Saftey was being bought into question. That is something I’ve never wanted and it was at this point I realised things had gone to far.

Ian had got wind of my PM’s about the football shirts and rang me, This was the first ever time I had spoken with him. He got my number from DAZ who I play cricket with and 5 a side football in the past. It was understandable that he was very angry, We had a chat and he explained a lot of what had been going on, I apologised un-reservedly for any part id played in causing him any problems as it was never my intention to cause these problems on a personal level to Ian, It was when I realised that Ian was having to spend a large part of his life battling people on the net that I decided  what I was doing was wrong, My opinion changed of Ian and I was kicking myself for following the hate mob. I decided that id form my own opinion of him. My only ever intention I guess was to just to stir it up between the two sites. That went horribly wrong.

The next few days things settled down, I text Ian and asked for Chris Webb’s number, I sent Chris a text Apologising for any digs or unsavoury posts id made on ATD involving him. I explained that I was just stirring the pot and infact I thought it was inspiring the work he done to save the club and wished him luck in his role as president. This apology was accepted. Saturdays game against Burton came about. I went to the Britannia pub with my unlce for a pint and then took my seat in the Lyndhurst. After the game I went to the pyramid suite for the first time to have a pint as I was invited by the guys who sit next me. It was in there that I met Ian for the first time, Upon introductions he shock my hand and proceeded to tell the story of what had gone on with the PM’s about the shirt auctions to the others. Chris Webb also showed up and again on introduction we shock hands and all stood having a pint talking about the match and football in general.

That was my total involvement in the whole saga. At no point did I expect it or want it to get to the scale it has, No-one on Pasoti or ATD is responsible for anything in this situation apart from me. It was my actions and my actions alone that has caused the trouble and for this I am sorry.

I have always enjoyed a wind up on the net ( that’s no secret) , in the past pasoti and more recently ATD, As some who know me will tell you, away from the internet I am very different. I never wanted it to go this far and if I could go back I wouldn’t have done it.

One thing I would like to point out, while I am responsible for all of the above I am in no way connected to the threats to Ian and Chris, which were made last week nor the hacking of GREENJOCKS email account.

Me and Ian are not best mates , we have met once and spoke twice,
We did not plan this together, it was all me, and ian has only been trying to put out fires that I have caused which is why this has become so public this week, as the pm’s I sent got one or two mentions and clearly Ian wanted to nip it in the bud before the rumour spread like wild fire.

This whole incident has proven that the power of the internet is very great and can be a dangerous tool, It has made me realise that its no longer a place for wind ups and games therefore i will not be a part of any online community any longer nor will I seek to be ( im banned anyway ), I will not be trying to sneek on in another name or playing any such games.

I am emailing this to the admins on both pasoti and atd, I request that it gets posted on your sites. Im hoping this will go someway to answering a lot of questions and quash some rumours that have surfaced. This will be my last word on it and I hope the two sites can find a way to exist in conjunction with each other now that im gone. I will be attending my first Fan Fest on Saturday( now very nervous), If anyone wants to have a pop or speak to me about this incident feel free. ( It would be easy for me to hide away at home ).

Once more , Im sorry for the trouble I caused.

Dane

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:46 am

You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Army, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major, who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment. Morale totally destroyed... by pooh-pooh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:57 am

punchdrunk wrote:
You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Army, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major, who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment. Morale totally destroyed... by pooh-pooh!

The thing Ilearnt in army is that bullshit baffles brains pooh-pooh baffles me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:14 pm

The thing about pasoti that confuses me is this, even when a banned poster signs up again under a different name and posts sensibly without causing any problems, they still feel the need to remove a useful contributer from the site.

Its a graveyard for the oldies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Pitbull wrote:
The thing about pasoti that confuses me is this, even when a banned poster signs up again under a different name and posts sensibly without causing any problems, they still feel the need to remove a useful contributer from the site.

Cobi, for someone who upset a lot of people and went back to pasoti with there tail between thier legs I wouldnt run over here just to diss it if I were you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:29 pm

Danes statement has been moved to terraces and unlocked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Just spotted this on the tweet thingy over there:

Quote :
IJN3 Perhaps now with Dane's full admission of culpability Pasoti and ATD can go back to "normal" now! Do NOT believe all you read.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:10 pm

I think that's very unlikely to happen once people get wind of Jocks comment that he's just posted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Pitbull wrote:

Go and post that on pasoti, Cobs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Pitbull wrote:

Just shut up cobi, You're such an annoying little twurp! Stop insulting the site you always post on. To be fair, they've been very very good to you so stop stabbing them in the back.

You are the single biggest hypocrite that has ever posted on a football forum EVER! Just stop, please!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:32 pm

Have we sussed whether this is Dane being serious or Dane on a wind-up yet?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Have we sussed whether this is Dane being serious or Dane on a wind-up yet?

Does it matter?

If it isn't a wind up, it will only be a matter of time before there is another wind up. The damage and fall out from the last one will be felt for a long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Don't know if it's a wind up or not, but I find it difficult to believe he wrote it all on his own. There's a few quite long words in there.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Peggy wrote:
Don't know if it's a wind up or not, but I find it difficult to believe he wrote it all on his own. There's a few quite long words in there.

You forget... It was also for the benefit of Ian. And Ian doesn't like long words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Statement from Dane   Statement from Dane Empty

Back to top Go down

Statement from Dane
Page 1 of 1