The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Temporary Forum Changes

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Temporary Forum Changes Empty
PostSubject: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:02 am

Fellas, I’ve made a few temporary changes to the site to gauge opinion. What you see is just to provide a few ideas and picked and added at random.

What you see are widgets, they can be moved, deleted and resized (they’re at their smallest now) and more can be added.

The widgets at the moment are what comes with the Formation package, in other words they are just enlargements of the tiny links at the top of the page (written).

I can also import widgets from other places and there are a few great widgets about, esp. regarding football with video and news content, in other words you can watch and listen as you read the forums. Some are free and come with advertising, some you have to pay for and come with advertising and some you just pay for. I’ll be sticking to the free ones for now and their quality seems good.

One or two of the better widgets are considerably bigger then the widgets displayed (roughly twice the size), i.e “League 2” widget. So to enable this type of widget I will need to shrink the size of the “Forum” table, the table that shows all the forums.

So, what’s the general opinion of how much I can shrink the width of the “forums” table without you having to put your glasses on, i.e. a quarter, third etc?

I'll leave the site as it is for just a short while.

Also...
Would you like widgets at all or do you prefer the more basic type of site?

Would you like them to appear somewhere else on the page, i.e. top, bottom etc?

Feel free to comment.
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:11 am

Not so good in my opinion, all looks a bit crammed in.

Ponty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:15 am

Yup, we agree on something Ponty! Surprised

I'm not sure if I'm in favour of the things or not, so far I can't say I like it too much but there are one or two that are worth having, esp the sport ones that are larger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:16 am

I'm partial to a widget or two, makes the sight look active, but perhaps limited to one side.
Size is important ... som of us use tablets on occasion.
Like the idea of a league table widget, especially.
The register and log in buttons need to be more obvious
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:17 am

Can you not simply put links to them and have them all in one box so that they open onto another page??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:22 am

I can Ponty, I can also do what Pirate suggest.

I will change it back for now and work on it. Thanks for the comments fellas.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:18 am

Don't mind either way. Quite liked the setup when I first logged in today.
I think we should all, well most of us, look to promote the forum, to reach as many Argyle and other people as possible.
Followed a link on Exeweb to the farm just now, concerning the Ridsdale meeting and the ongoing struggle on there between those not following the party, or herd line and the eternal optimists continues.When I was on there, Tony Cholwell was very establishment. He now appears to have moved closer to reality.
Ponty even reckoned Ricks was contributing all the way from LA. How sad is it if true, that one so eloquent has to hide their true identity ?
Not as sad as those who come on here and try to hide their true identity, when they don't need to. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:59 am

Regretfully having followed the Farm politics more than some, I think it a bit premature to say Tony Cholwell is not so establishment these days. I remember when it was virtually only he and I receiving the normal abuse for warning of the pre NWO Kagami disaster waiting to happen. That stance dropped quicker than Argyle's league status once he accepted the NWO business lounge entrapment.

He still is establishment, through and through, but mainly has a beef with the Trust, and more specifically the committee nature of the body.... dastardly reds under the bed would be his real view along with a total disbelief that any useful decision can be made by democratic committee ... a coup by the Taverner salesmen would be his preferred outcome and a dictatorial approach to decision making followed by a coronation. Sounds like the shape of a commited farmhand to me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:38 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Regretfully having followed the Farm politics more than some, I think it a bit premature to say Tony Cholwell is not so establishment these days. I remember when it was virtually only he and I receiving the normal abuse for warning of the pre NWO Kagami disaster waiting to happen. That stance dropped quicker than Argyle's league status once he accepted the NWO business lounge entrapment.

He still is establishment, through and through, but mainly has a beef with the Trust, and more specifically the committee nature of the body.... dastardly reds under the bed would be his real view along with a total disbelief that any useful decision can be made by democratic committee ... a coup by the Taverner salesmen would be his preferred outcome and a dictatorial approach to decision making followed by a coronation. Sounds like the shape of a commited farmhand to me. Laughing

I see...........
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Tringreen wrote:
I think we should all, well most of us, look to promote the forum, to reach as many Argyle and other people as possible.
Followed a link on Exeweb to the farm just now, concerning the Ridsdale meeting and the ongoing struggle on there between those not following the party, or herd line and the eternal optimists continues.When I was on there, Tony Cholwell was very establishment. He now appears to have moved closer to reality.
Ponty even reckoned Ricks was contributing all the way from LA. How sad is it if true, that one so eloquent has to hide their true identity ?
Not as sad as those who come on here and try to hide their true identity, when they don't need to. Rolling Eyes

Can you show everybody where I stated that??

I'd like to see it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:14 pm

Ponty wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I'd like to see it.

Nope.................. it would appear to have been erased from history. Now there's a surprise.
If I was mistaken I would apologise ................... but I know what I saw. Can't find it now but if it is still there and he is a mate of yours, it would seem a strange one liner, even for your good self.
The poster had offered an articulate opinion concerning Ridsdale, his answers and the history Pasoti has for often getting things very wrong and silencing those who have more vision.
Your response was typically brief, asking him how life was in LA.
Was I imagining this ?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Ponty wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I'd like to see it.

Nope.................. it would appear to have been erased from history. Now there's a surprise.
If I was mistaken I would apologise ................... but I know what I saw. Can't find it now but if it is still there and he is a mate of yours, it would seem a strange one liner, even for your good self.
The poster had offered an articulate opinion concerning Ridsdale, his answers and the history Pasoti has for often getting things very wrong and silencing those who have more vision.
Your response was typically brief, asking him how life was in LA.
Was I imagining this ?
I saw that too. Towards the poster 'Soldier' or something like that?

pig
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 3:53 pm

I saw the little green soldier man and the retort too.
It was the soldier's fifth post and maybe his last post .... boom boom jocolor
I assumed the response could only be a Rickler reference. Naughty Ponty.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Ponty wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I'd like to see it.

Are you denying you made a comment which led you to believe the poster was in LA?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Oh guys, we all know Ponty is a snake rat, what did you all expect?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:47 am

He always tries to persuade us how straight down the line he is. Everyone's friend.....I'll buy you a pint blah blah........ when in fact he is as big a cheat and a liar, as his dimwitted leader.
Sec mod boys should never be allowed to be in charge of anything. They simply aren't clever enough and resort to low cunning and bully boy tactics.
Sad bastards.

Bye bye Ponty jocolor
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:02 am

As I attended West Buckland School at my Mothers behest your remarks dont apply to me, never the less I consider them "Schoolist" and full of lower middle class snobbery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:37 am

Ha ha Tringy Laughing
... it wouldn't be the first time and could well be true in this case, although as an advocate of "education otherwise", I often reflect innate self esteem and vision take hold despite all state schooling, not because of it.

Methinks they're too busy polishing their buttons and wheels to understand folk have varied paths, and some are even taken on foot. The sea looks invitingly blue out there.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:34 am

My Fathers view of education was that as long as you did not fall of your horse whilst chasing animals or poachers, and could also liquidate the local wildlife with a shotgun a Gentleman needed nothing more. I passed on both counts.
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:43 am

Rickler wrote:
Ponty wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I'd like to see it.

Are you denying you made a comment which led you to believe the poster was in LA?

No, I'm denying I mentioned you, we have an LA Green on Pasoti.

He lives in London Apprentice, Cornwall.

See, never mentioned Los Angeles either did I

Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:46 am

Tringreen wrote:
He always tries to persuade us how straight down the line he is. Everyone's friend.....I'll buy you a pint blah blah........ when in fact he is as big a cheat and a liar, as his dimwitted leader.
Sec mod boys should never be allowed to be in charge of anything. They simply aren't clever enough and resort to low cunning and bully boy tactics.
Sad bastards.

Bye bye Ponty jocolor

So if you attended a secondary modern school and you use this site you should never be able to Moderate on this site, you're too thick.

As another poster has pointed out to you, you are being schoolist..

PS I attended Widey Tech. Wink

Crack on guys, there's enough oxygen there for you to last the weekend. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:15 pm

So did I, problem sorted! study
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Ponty wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Ponty wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I'd like to see it.

No, I'm denying I mentioned you, we have an LA Green on Pasoti.

He lives in London Apprentice, Cornwall.

See, never mentioned Los Angeles either did I

Are the said postings still there cos we saw them ?

With regard my educational background references, they are of course only a wind up. I have several friends who did not do well educationally but have been very successful in business.

As I remember the scheme of things when I scraped through the 11+ in Plymouth 1961, there was the elitest Plymouth College, the two Grammar schools of Sutton and Devonport High, a near miss school called Public I think and then Tamar Sec and Widey Tech, for those who just escaped the clutches of the Sec Mods.
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:44 pm

I had the choice of all of them.

left school and then passed the Dockyard exam to become an apprentice shipwright, came 121st out of 2000 applicants.

Got bored and started working for myself, started as a market trader and ended up with three shops, I used to got o trade shows with Chris Dawson, owner of the Range chain, I used to write his cheques for him as he couldn't read or write.

He's done OK for an un-educated man...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:20 pm

Ponty wrote:
I had the choice of all of them.

left school and then passed the Dockyard exam to become an apprentice shipwright, came 121st out of 2000 applicants.

Got bored and started working for myself, started as a market trader and ended up with three shops, I used to got o trade shows with Chris Dawson, owner of the Range chain, I used to write his cheques for him as he couldn't read or write.

He's done OK for an un-educated man...

121st out of 2000 in a Dockyard Exam. Surely that is the same as getting a 25 metre certificate for swimming.

Why don't you pop off to Pasoti with the rest of the pricks? You must be so proud. Now you see the conman Risdale as your saviour. Oh how he is lining his pockets
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Forum Changes   Temporary Forum Changes Empty

Back to top Go down

Temporary Forum Changes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next