HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remember what a forum is for.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Remember what a forum is for. Empty
PostSubject: Remember what a forum is for.   Remember what a forum is for. EmptyFri Jun 28, 2019 9:54 am

From WIKI,

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. They differ from chat rooms in that messages are often longer than one line of text, and are at least temporarily archived.

The reason for posting this is I enjoy the pre season discussions about managers, new signings and our chances for the coming season. Unfortunately every season I think it's getting a little more spoiled by posters really not understanding the concept of an Internet forum.
First thing to do when a new player signs is check out the stats, lots of goals, low to zero injury record will have posters getting excited and bugging said player up, shite record at shite clubs paired with a bad injury record will have posters pointing out the obvious. At the end of the day all it is are opinions of different fans. It makes me think of last years pre season when several posters were pointing out the obvious frailties of our squad and signings only to be met with quips about their mental health, depression, agendas, being miserable, trust in Brent, Hallett, Adams and the feckin tea lady ect, ect. Then lo and behold the doom mongrels were right! So in fact the "doommongers" were anything but doommongers but actually posters making very salient points about all things Argyle.
In short if you want to happily clap Argyle through thick and thin and not have an opinion on anything that's fine but please don't try and stop anyone having an opinion it's exactly what the forum is for.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Remember what a forum is for.   Remember what a forum is for. EmptyFri Jun 28, 2019 10:03 am

And blocking people is the ultimate in pathetic.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Remember what a forum is for.   Remember what a forum is for. EmptyFri Jun 28, 2019 10:43 am

Well said Earwig, I am optimistic that this season will herald some improvement in our fortunes but after relegation, Brent and Adams that is the very least we should expect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remember what a forum is for.   Remember what a forum is for. EmptyFri Jun 28, 2019 11:21 am

I’m all for that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember what a forum is for.   Remember what a forum is for. Empty

Back to top Go down

Remember what a forum is for.
Page 1 of 1