AstiSpumante
Les Miserable
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Happy Birthday Ma'am... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Ma'am...   Happy Birthday Ma'am... - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Go on then. Which bits are factually wrong?

Enlighten me.

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

And she should be made to pay tax on her income just like the rest of us do.

Why, her paying voluntarily isn't good enough?

A Memorandum of Understanding on Royal Taxation was published on 5 February 1993 and amended in 1996, 2009 and 2013. The arrangements in the memorandum are considered to be permanent and it is intended that they will be followed by the next monarch. The memorandum describes the arrangements by which The Queen and The Prince of Wales make voluntary payments to the HM Revenue and Customs in lieu of tax to compensate for their tax exemption. The details of the payments are private. The Queen voluntarily pays a sum equivalent to income tax on her private income and income from the Privy Purse (which includes the Duchy of Lancaster) that is not used for official purposes. The Sovereign Grant is exempted. A sum equivalent to capital gains tax is voluntarily paid on any gains from the disposal of private assets made after 5 April 1993. Many of the Sovereign's assets were acquired earlier than this date but payment is only made on the gains made afterwards. Arrangements also exist for a sum in lieu of inheritance tax to be voluntarily paid on some of the Queen's private assets. Property passing from monarch to monarch is exempted, as is property passing from the consort of a former monarch to the current monarch.[26]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finances_of_the_British_Royal_Family

And as for the Queen "probably" being the wealthiest woman on the planet?  There's no "probably" about it She is 'definitely' not even in the top Twenty and you damn well know it!  Either that or your ignorance is stupefying.

So eat crow.

I'll tell you what Ricks, look back to the rich list 30 years ago when she headed it by a couple of furlongs. Onl when it became politically expedient in the 80s did she suddenly over the course of 12 months get relegated quicker than an Argyle team captained by Jonah Fletcher. Down from 6 billion plus to £600m in the Times in 12 months. Obviously an annus uneconomicus. Laughing If you believe that sort of stuff, that's up to you.
And since you're into minute detail, and of course that's where the money is, look up what the royals were getting up to when Princess Austerity was being rolled out across the land you no longer live in. Huge swathing cuts to ordinary folk, but, hey, wait a minute, let's make up a nice little ruse to ensure we please HRM who was not happy she would not be getting a rise. "They" decided to extend her royalness's ownership of the seas and the stars outward. All of a sudden, wayleaves and rents, totaling millions every year were suddenly introduced for sea sited wind /solar/wave /experimental farms. Millions extra a year, overnight, just like that. The press stated she was having a pay freeze in line with everyone else.  Laughing You couldn't make it up. Now that's what I call an offshore haven.
I'm thinking of setting up a toll gate in Exeter St.

I have no argument with you my good Lord Bic,

Just putting the errant erroneous Sir Fran in order.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Ma'am...   Happy Birthday Ma'am... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 8:25 pm

Elizabeth R has been a fantastic monarch.

And that for me is about it.

Her death should initiate a complete overhaul in the monarchy in terms of their status and of the finances.

The EU Referendum outcome will have a massive influence on its future.

No one has picked up on the sheer hypocrisy of Charles becoming the Supreme Governor to the CoE and also defender of the faith.

This from a man who clearly had a problem with his marriage vows.

The archbishop who places the throne on King Charles' head will also be a hypocrite.

As for the German/Greek connections. Don't make me laugh.

Half the posters on here probably are the products of their ancestors indiscretions.

They'll have a bit of foreign blood without even realising it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Ma'am...   Happy Birthday Ma'am... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Elizabeth R has been a fantastic monarch.

And that for me is about it.

Her death should initiate a complete overhaul in the monarchy in terms of their status and of the finances.

The EU Referendum outcome will have a massive influence on its future.

No one has picked up on the sheer hypocrisy of Charles becoming the Supreme Governor to the CoE and also defender of the faith.

This from a man who clearly had a problem with his marriage vows.

The archbishop who places the throne on King Charles' head will also be a hypocrite.

As for the German/Greek connections. Don't make me laugh.

Half the posters on here probably are the products of their ancestors indiscretions.

They'll have a bit of foreign blood without even realising it.

Wo there Rollo I pointed out that Phil is a Greek but I don't really have an axe to grind as such I just object to paying for them, no racism here, as for hypocritical for swearing an oath to God when you don't believe, think about that one for a mo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Ma'am...   Happy Birthday Ma'am... - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 10:04 pm

I don't mind the broad bean, she's been a constant throughout my life. She's my queen, I get that the rest of the cringing hangers on and arse kickers can feck off though

In 1997 the monarchy was loathed for being out of touch, sobbing over the royal yacht, Windows castle etc. Price Di really tore them a new one, maybe they should have kept her alive lol!

Then they hired a pr team and the rest is history. Keep calm and carry on etc.

You get vomit fests of Harry and wills being interviewed by ant and Dec. Its going to be so funny watching that PR team handle chazza with his "heartfelt interventions"

The highlight of this summer for me will be the roses playing in Manchester again. Wonder if they'll do Elizabeth my dear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Ma'am...   Happy Birthday Ma'am... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday Ma'am...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3