Freathy
Tgwu
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 5:31 pm

3rd place is between Bristol Rovers, Portsmouth, and maybe Accy.  We are by far the weakest in the top 6. Securing a play-off place is the absolute most we can hope for.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 5:32 pm

I'm not sure how to chop the video out of a tweet but here's:

Goal #1: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Red card: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Goal #2: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 5:42 pm

We made hard work of this game, Morecambe very unlucky not to score a couple of goals themself.

3 points is 3 points that will do.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 6:07 pm

I wonder if the club are going to refund the cost of travel to those that missed it on the official coaches. I know they don't have to but given these are the real hardcore supporters who have really stuck by the club and Brent it would be a great gesture.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 6:10 pm

Freathy wrote:
3rd place is between Bristol Rovers, Portsmouth, and maybe Accy.  We are by far the weakest in the top 6.  Securing a play-off place is the absolute most we can hope for.

BRENT OUT

1 Northampton       32 85
2 Oxford Utd.          33 72
3 Bristol Rovers     22  68
4 Plymouth.            20 68
5 Accrington.         17  67
6 Portsmouth.        27 63
7 Wycombe.              7 60

It is certanly tight up there.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 6:15 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
I wonder if the club are going to refund the cost of travel to those that missed it on the official coaches. I know they don't have to but given these are the real hardcore supporters who have really stuck by the club and Brent it would be a great gesture.

I agree that would be nice. But just you see the fury that would reign among some if that were to happen. The club 'pre Brent' did something similar in the Championship days and others piped up with "well what about the petrol I used?". There's half an argumemt there I suppose but it looks like one of those situations where the Club do it, they're wrong. Don't do it, they're wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 6:17 pm

Well best do it, and be wrong, then. At least the poor saps get compensation of a few quid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 6:18 pm

we needed that win lets carry it on for monday
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:

On the way to Middlesbrough for the first leg of a league cup tie in 1981,our bus crashed into a jack knifing trailer near Stoke on Trent.To cut a very long story short,we got to Ayresome with 20 minutes to go [typically Argyle were winning 1-0 and lost 2-1]-Argyle gave us free entry for the second leg which seemed to be a very reasonable course of action.No reason why that shouldn't be done now bearing that HP is highly unlikely to be overcrowded for the next few games,although i suppose season ticket holders would be a problem-maybe free coach travel to the next game may be an option.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Great result. Now let's back it up on Monday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 6:24 pm

Hey Chris, if I've not missed anything, welcome back. And I mean that. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 6:34 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

I agree that would be nice. But just you see the fury that would reign among some if that were to happen. The club 'pre Brent' did something similar in the Championship days and others piped up with "well what about the petrol I used?". There's half an argumemt there I suppose but it looks like one of those situations where the Club do it, they're wrong. Don't do it, they're wrong.
See the thread I've bumped Tony! Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:

Money donated to brents pre season jolly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 7:52 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Hey Chris, if I've not missed anything, welcome back. And I mean that. cheers

x2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 8:25 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

On the way to Middlesbrough for the first leg of a league cup tie in 1981,our bus crashed into a jack knifing trailer near Stoke on Trent.To cut a very long story short,we got to Ayresome with 20 minutes to go [typically Argyle were winning 1-0 and lost 2-1]-Argyle gave us free entry for the second leg which seemed to be a very reasonable course of action.No reason why that shouldn't be done now bearing that HP is highly unlikely to be overcrowded for the next few games,although i suppose season ticket holders would be a problem-maybe free coach travel to the next game may be an option.

Kudos, friggin trip and half that. Not same distance but the coach to Eastville on a Easter Evening game early 70's arrived with 20 minutes to go - coaches drew up outside the Tote end and fans flew through unmanned turnstyles into the home end, crammed into the corner and all hell let loose on final whistle, got chased into the gasworks but here to tell the tale - schooldays were fun then!!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 8:40 pm

Did you go today ? Bloke in pub before game look like you !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 8:47 pm

Elias wrote:
Did you go today ? Bloke in pub before game look like you !
No worked till 2 today?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 9:17 pm

No worries
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2016 10:00 pm

Seems a bit strange to be playing at morecambe in front of 2k whem clubs like grimsby wrexham lincoln tranmere all reside outside of the football league....
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 1:33 am

Had to win and we did great result. Beat York Monday and hopefully the Gas dropping points at Carlisle and it becomes ours to lose again....
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 2:56 am

Yay!

Well done Pafc on a solid away win. Well done. Well done indeed.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 5:32 am

Morcombe view of the game

Match Report: Morecambe 0-2 Plymouth
THE Shrimps suffered a second successive home defeat on another controversial afternoon at the Globe.

Jim Bentley's side went down 2-0 to promotion-chasing Plymouth but a controversial decision to send off Alex Kenyon on 44 minutes after not sending off Curtis Nelson for bringing down Shaun Miller just five minutes into the game saw the Shrimps suffer once again.

The Shrimps did start slowly but Argyle wasted some great early chances before Jordan Houghton gave the visitors the lead just before the quarter hour.

Argyle’s second goal, that all but killed the game, came shortly after the interval with Jamille Matt firing home to leave The Shrimps’ League 2 record reading just one win in their last 13 games.

It was a frantic start at the Globe Arena, Graham Carey blazing over a good opening for the visitors just 90 seconds in.
Morecambe then felt Argyle should have been reduced to 10 men but referee Webb waved play when Curtis Nelson appeared to upend Shaun Miller with The Shrimps’ top goalscorer in on goal.

It was the promotion-chasers who were having the best of the chances though, Matt dragging a shot wide on six minutes when he should have tested Kieran O’Hara on his home debut before the Manchester United loanee produced a sharp low save to deny Jake Jervis.

The inevitable arrived on 14 minutes as Derek Adams’ side went in front.

Reuben Reid held the ball up on the edge of the area with it breaking to Houghton who made no mistake with a low right-footed shot that arrowed into the corner and gave O’Hara no chance.

The game settled with Argyle relatively untroubled as Morecambe had more of the possession, Luke McCormick holding onto Tom Barkhuizen’s half volley.

The Shrimps’ best openings of the half came shortly before the interval.

First Lee Molyneux could only head a Shaun Beeley cross wide before Barkhuizen dragged a shot wide after being played in behind by Andy Fleming.

A difficult task got even harder for the hosts a minute before the interval as Kenyon was dismissed.

The midfielder won the ball with a firm, studs up challenge on McHugh, the Plymouth players surrounding referee Webb before he brandished the red card.

Argyle nearly doubled their lead with the last action of the first half but O’Hara held onto Graham Carey’s dipping free-kick at the second attempt.

The visitors didn’t have to wait long for their goal though as it came two minutes after the interval.

Jervis’ cross found its way to Fleetwood loanee Matt who had time to take a touch before hammering past O’Hara from 10 yards.

O’Hara then had to beat away Reid’s shot shortly after as things threatened to turn ugly for the hosts.

As in the defeat at Leyton Orient it was The Shrimps stopper who continued to be in the thick of the action, O’Hara producing a fine save at full stretch to keep out Carey’s free-kick 25 minutes from time.

To their credit, The Shrimps kept battling away with Connor Oliver and Cole Stockton handed debuts from the bench.

The hosts finishing strongly with Kevin Ellison seeing a cross-cum-shot helped onto the bar before Chris Doyle volleyed over the resultant corner.

Ellison then hit the woodwork for a second time in stoppage time as a looping deflection came back off the top of the crossbar, a moment that just about summed up Morecambe’s day.

Morecambe: O’Hara, Beeley (capt), Edwards, Doyle, Conlan, Kenyon, Fleming, Barkhuizen, Devitt (Ellison 46), Molyneux (Oliver 46), Miller (Stockton 76). Subs not used: McGowan, Mullin, Goodall, Wildig.

Booked: Molyneux. Red card: Kenyon

Plymouth: McCormick, Threlkeld, Nelson (capt), Hartley, Sawyer, Jervis, McHugh (Boateng 78), Houghton, Carey (Wylde 69), Matt (Tanner 65), Reid. Subs not used: Dorel, Mellor, Simpson, Purrington.

Booked: Carey.

Referee: David Webb.

Attendance: 2,081 (527 away)

( Source Morecombe web site )
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 6:41 am

THE ARGYLE FOOT SOLDIERS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 6:57 am

My old man used to stick people in Moorhaven for less laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 10:49 am

Tgwu wrote:
THE ARGYLE FOOT SOLDIERS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Are we there yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread   Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Morecambe V Plymouth Argyle Match Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3