Freathy
VillageGreen
Tgwu
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Yea Man

Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 7:02 pm

Dunt wurry abowt a fing. Cuz evry li'le fing, gunna bee alrite.

Too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 7:12 pm

What's the betting the idiots at the club will start playing that again next saturday?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 7:38 pm

I'm never one to make excuses for Argyle but saw the goals on SSN just now and it was a very harsh decision to award a penalty and an incredible decision to give a straight red card.Looks like Mellor is going to be the scapegoat but that would not be right-fact is that Mellor has played his part in defences which were the joint second best in the division last year and equal best this year.By far the more important concern is to question the reason for the lack of pace on the break in the forward areas of the team which may have enabled Argyle to sew up a game like today and at Crawley long before the 83rd or 85th minute.If Argyle don't go up this year it won't be because too many goals have been conceded but because the productivity at the other end has been not good enough-exactly the same as last year in fact.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 8:31 pm

The best defence in the league and the worst goal scoring record in the top 7 would testify to that.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 8:48 pm

All very predictible. It should come as absolutely no surprise to anyone that our season is down the shitter - brent has ensured this team is nowhere near good enough.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 9:21 pm

Greenskin wrote:
I'm never one to make excuses for Argyle but saw the goals on SSN just now and it was a very harsh decision to award a penalty and an incredible decision to give a straight red card.Looks like Mellor is going to be the scapegoat but that would not be right-fact is that Mellor has played his part in defences which were the joint second best in the division last year and equal best this year.By far the more important concern is to question the reason for the lack of pace on the break in the forward areas of the team which may have enabled Argyle to sew up a game like today and at Crawley long before the 83rd or 85th minute.If Argyle don't go up this year it won't be because too many goals have been conceded but because the productivity at the other end has been not good enough-exactly the same as last year in fact.

Come on John you need to be much more hysterical than that Very Happy

Agree the penalty looked soft and certainly not a red card offence. Mellor will be made the scapegoat, but there are 10 other players on the field as well.

Typical Argyle, nothing is ever easy. Bum starting to squeak!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 9:39 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Absolutely. The pen was not the only reason we lost. We scored 1 goal and at 1-0 its always ''nervous''. At 1-0 the game can be turned with a poor ref decision, a deflection, a pen, someone slipping, GK error ... etc. Tanner, on song, can get us moving up the pitch fast but today on the bench. Anyway I got a new phone today (5s) so I'm all set for the play-offs - cheers
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Oh damn.

Bad defeat what with Pompey and Oxford losing, Bad defeat what with Rovers winning.

Top of League Two looks well tight, i certainly do not like the look of it now. Rovers have quietly slipped in over the past few weeks and they look the more bigger threat.

Accy have probably extended their top four positioning for the while and Pompey are inconsistent.

I just hope that there is not a view (and a plan) to slipping into the Play-Offs by Brent and Co, who would probably enjoy a jolly to London and a Play-Off Final. That would be a huge gamble and an anti-climax indeed.

We wouldn't even make it to Wembley

Evil or Very Mad

You may well be correct there.

Argyle are in capitulation mode right now and it annoys me that this is the case. From ''looking good for promotion'' to ''trying to hang on in there'' is one full-on collapse (we have seen other teams do the same thing in past seasons).

The dreaded Play-Offs loom on the horizon if they do not start to get it together again soon. Do they want to get promotion, do the club want promotion, can the club afford to go up one division.

After today, it is between Oxford, Argyle and Rovers. Add Accy if they win that game in hand. As for Pompey, Play-Offs for them and their inconsistency.

Should Argyle flop down into the Play-Offs, it will be such an anti-climax. The team will feel exhausted going into a Play-Off Semi-Final and that would not surprise me.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 11:47 pm

Utterly shocked with end result. 5 minutes to go Oxford and Pompey losing all was better than good
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 1:06 am

Just seen the highlights, Mellor hard done by imo and has on this occasion taken some unwarranted stick, he's still a nightmare though.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 1:23 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Just seen the highlights, Mellor hard done by imo and has on this occasion taken some unwarranted stick, he's still a nightmare though.

Yep just watched very harsh indeed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 6:57 am

Never a penalty in a sane world but when I see commentators saying the Palace penalty at Reading in the cup was nailed on, it's clearly just a different game from the one I grew up with. Strikers only have to 'win' contact to get the nod these days.

If that wasn't given, we win 1-0 in all likelihood. Mind you, it does look like Stanley were tearing us a new asshole prior to that anyway.

3 winnable games coming up. Suggest we need at least 7 points of the challenge is not to completely evaporate.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 7:06 am

I listened to the game and yes watched the highlight of the Penalty and Red. Very harsh.
The fact remains that we sat too deep in the second half and let them batter us, whoever that co-commentator was said that even Errington was nodding his head in disbelief at how poor we were.
We got done by the better side again.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 7:55 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

3 winnable games coming up. Suggest we need at least 7 points of the challenge is not to completely evaporate.

I beg to differ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 8:08 am

The penalty did seem harsh.
The games is getting more like a no body contact basketball match every week. The players are big enough. Even some goons are now demanding no body contact school rugby. I heard this week someone is manufacturing air bags for bicyclists at £200 a pop. More worrying, people are actually buying them.
Harsh or not, any team that sits deep for so much of the game deserves to be punished, and it seems to reflect the current players' psyche. Adams may not be concerned about other clubs' results, but you can bet the players are looking over their shoulder. Bristol Rovers, with their new power and obvious intent, look primed to sail right past us, with little we can do. We've taken on the personality of the owner. It becomes a mindset with little to be done about it. Only a couple of weeks ago, I still thought the early earned points gap was just too big to lose.

This sort of thing comes from the top. I don't believe the nonsense that Brent and the club "don't want to go up". Of course he does, he can still keep his hand on his purse in whatever league he's in, but he just doesn't want to take the slightest risk to make it happen. Now the players have got the bunkering down bug.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 8:13 am

Seems fair my Lord.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 1:16 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Seems fair my Lord.

Indeed................
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 3:15 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
The games is getting more like a no body contact basketball match every week. The players are big enough. Even some goons are now demanding no body contact school rugby. I heard this week someone is manufacturing air bags for bicyclists at £200 a pop. More worrying, people are actually buying them.
Harsh or not, any team that sits deep for so much of the game deserves to be punished, and it seems to reflect the current players' psyche. Adams may not be concerned about other clubs' results, but you can bet the players are looking over their shoulder. Bristol Rovers, with their new power and obvious intent, look primed to sail right past us, with little we can do. We've taken on the personality of the owner. It becomes a mindset with little to be done about it.  Only a couple of weeks ago, I still thought the early earned points gap was just too big to lose.

This sort of thing comes from the top. I don't believe the nonsense that Brent and the club "don't want to go up". Of course he does, he can still keep his hand on his purse in whatever league he's in, but he just doesn't want to take the slightest risk to make it happen. Now the players have got the bunkering down bug.

If Bristol Rovers nip third place, I will jump off the Tamar Bridge while I strangle an effigy of James Brent.

If ever there was a time for Argyle to hit form, then it is now. Will it happen, no idea.

The next few games have points in them and Argyle need to do just that.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 3:57 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:
Harsh or not, any team that sits deep for so much of the game deserves to be punished, and it seems to reflect the current players' psyche. Adams may not be concerned about other clubs' results, but you can bet the players are looking over their shoulder. Bristol Rovers, with their new power and obvious intent, look primed to sail right past us, with little we can do. We've taken on the personality of the owner. It becomes a mindset with little to be done about it.  Only a couple of weeks ago, I still thought the early earned points gap was just too big to lose.

If Bristol Rovers nip third place, I will jump off the Tamar Bridge while I strangle an effigy of James Brent.

If ever there was a time for Argyle to hit form, then it is now. Will it happen, no idea.

The next few games have points in them and Argyle need to do just that.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 4:28 pm

I'll help you Village. Laughing
I've got some experience having once helped to set fire to an effigy of Gary "Spanker" Streeter outside of Home Park. Unbelievable I know, but I kid you not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
I'll help you Village. Laughing
I've got some experience having once helped to set fire to an effigy of Gary "Spanker" Streeter outside of Home Park. Unbelievable I know, but I kid you not.

WHY?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 9:15 pm

Lots of people blaming Mellor but for both of their goals Accy players were allowed to cross at will. No challenges and loads of space. Asking for the inevitable.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 5:38 am

tigertony wrote:
Lots of people blaming Mellor but for both of their goals Accy players were allowed to cross at will. No challenges and loads of space. Asking for the inevitable.

Were you there Tiger ?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 5:39 pm

As much as i hate brent ..but del bhey has to take some of the blame for this one he put out a side not to lose the game 4-2-4-1 could the pressure be getting to him instead of putting out a team to go for the win he put out a side not to lose but it backfired badly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 5:49 pm

RegGreen wrote:
As much as i hate brent ..but del bhey has to take some of the blame for this one he put out a side not to lose the game 4-2-4-1 could the pressure be getting to him instead of putting out a team to go for the win he put out a side not to lose but it backfired badly

i agree he does take his share of the blame as do the players who seem to obsolved barr mellor which is slightly unfair as accrington where always likely to get that goal due to how the dominated. Mellor just gave them a bonus lifeline.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread   Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next