Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry. Empty
PostSubject: Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry.   Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 5:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Harriet Harmen says its not an industry is basically abuse of women by men who should be prosecuted. Feck me it's like we are still living in the 1600's being run by the church. As someone who worked in Union St. I personally knew several working girls, some were pimped by their boyfriends and some were abused by them. The majority were independant self employed sex workers who as one girl put it (this was early eighties) "I can earn £40/week working a machine in (insert name of clothed factory at Stonehouse end of street here I can't remember it) or I can turn tricks part time and earn a couple of hundred". The law as it is encourages young girls to work in back streets like Milbay Rd, it's seedy, dangerous and very easy for a bad'un to pick up a girl without being seen and take her anywhere to abuse or even murder her.
I love the way that Harmen knows what's best for all women regardless of where they live, circumstances ect, whatever happened to free choice?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry.   Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 6:20 pm

Jaeger. At least you came out the other side and lived to tell the tale, many didn't mage, many didn't.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry.   Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 7:01 pm

There aren't many street hookers who make a concious decision to whore themselves, just because the money is good. The majority of them will be drug addicts who simply need to feed their habit. Back in the early 90's a mate of mine had The Stonehouse Vaults and a lot of the girls would come in, with it being smack bang in the middle of their patch. There were some stories that were quite legendary, and others that were as tragic as you could ever imagine.

It was a proper eye opener drinking down there as a young lad, foreshore.  

I can see both sides really.  Legalising prostitution or brothels will see an even bigger influx of Romanian whores (and their pimps) to fill the rooms - it isn't just foreign plasterers and plumbers that undercut the Brits. But at least there will be a degree of legislation that will give the girls some level of legal protection.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry.   Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 7:31 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Harriet Harmen says its not an industry is basically abuse of women by men who should be prosecuted. Feck me it's like we are still living in the 1600's being run by the church. As someone who worked in Union St. I personally knew several working girls, some were pimped by their boyfriends and some were abused by them. The majority were independant [u]self employed sex workers[/u] who as one girl put it (this was early eighties) "I can earn £40/week working a machine in (insert name of clothed factory at Stonehouse end of street here I can't remember it) or I can turn tricks part time and earn a couple of hundred". The law as it is encourages young girls to work in back streets like Milbay Rd, it's seedy, dangerous and very easy for a bad'un to pick up a girl without being seen and take her anywhere to abuse or even murder her.
I love the way that Harmen knows what's best for all women regardless of where they live, circumstances ect, whatever happened to free choice?

Good luck putting that on your self assessment form.

job title: sex worker

Job description: er well
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry.   Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 10:34 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:

Not an issue, I interviewed a ho in her luxury apartment in Brighton during my 12 months working for the Inland Revenue circa 1976, she was working London most of the time, my patch, and was paying more tax a month than I was earning in a year.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry.   Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 10:36 pm

Not over surprised Jihadi Jez has an interest, let's face it, if you are desperate enough to hump the Hippo you would just have to be paying for it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry.   Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry. EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 10:38 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

Not an issue, I interviewed a ho in her luxury apartment in Brighton during my 12 months working for the Inland Revenue circa 1976, she was working London most of the time, my patch, and was paying more tax a month than I was earning in a year.

Is this your "politically correct backlash" evening Tizzy? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry.   Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry. EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 10:28 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Jaeger. At least you came out the other side and lived to tell the tale, many didn't mage, many didn't.

That's the one, Jaeger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry.   Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry. EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 10:43 am

Czarcasm wrote:
There aren't many street hookers who make a concious decision to whore themselves, just because the money is good. The majority of them will be drug addicts who simply need to feed their habit. Back in the early 90's a mate of mine had The Stonehouse Vaults and a lot of the girls would come in, with it being smack bang in the middle of their patch. There were some stories that were quite legendary, and others that were as tragic as you could ever imagine.

It was a proper eye opener drinking down there as a young lad, foreshore.  

I can see both sides really.  Legalising prostitution or brothels will see an even bigger influx of Romanian whores (and their pimps) to fill the rooms - it isn't just foreign plasterers and plumbers that undercut the Brits. But at least there will be a degree of legislation that will give the girls some level of legal protection.

I would disagree with statement that "there aren't many street hookers who make a conscious decision to whore themselves" it's not what I was told by the girls I knew. If I thought even thirty percent of them were forced into it I wouldn't support the issue. The reason for legalising brothels is to give sex workers somewhere safe to work, feck all to do with race or gender here. I can just feel the long arm of the church here, keeping the filthy whores downtrodden and tramping the back streets whilst working hard to protect the noncy priests. Although the oldest trade in the world it doesn't get any respect here. Funnily enough in Moroco if a wife's husband dies and she goes on the game her door will be marked, however if she meets someone and remarries then the mark and any illusion to her past is removed and not remarked on again. Feckin savages.
Back to top Go down

Corbyn would like to decriminalise sex industry.
Page 1 of 1