Tgwu
Moist_Von_Lipwig
lawnmowerman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

This mornings Herald The summit report Empty
PostSubject: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:37 am

Today is the day that brent announces his new board according to the herald and also they reckon he will announce a fans advosory group to be elected by us.

Could this be why old porky pig has now stopped being a mod on pasoti. Or am I wrong HMMMMM the plot thickens. He will no get my vote after yesterdays public bullying of cobi.

See link below if it works

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:50 am

Meeting summary

20% to the Trust. Bought or donated?

GAS Board to consist of 7 members - 1 from Trust (Chair?), 1 from GTs (Ok), 1 from supporters branches (combined) (Lee Jameson?), 4 from fanbase (lots of potential names to look at here. This one will be the most interesting!).

Trust to run elections (Good).

Edited to add:

Shareholding

There has been debate historically about the possibility of the Trust taking an investment in the club.

Argyle propose to give the Trust the opportunity to acquire preference shares in the club which will be convertible into up to 20% of the company's ordinary share capital.

The Trust will be able to exercise this option up to September 30, 2012. Uuummmmm
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:25 pm

[quote="Moist_Von_Lipwig"]Meeting summary

20% to the Trust. Bought or donated?

GAS Board to consist of 7 members - 1 from Trust (Chair?), 1 from GTs (Ok), 1 from supporters branches (combined) (Lee Jameson?), 4 from fanbase (lots of potential names to look at here. This one will be the most interesting!).

Trust to run elections (Good).quote

If I am a member of the Trust, GT, London Branch and the Fan Base how many seats on the committee can I apply for?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Can wait for the 'im a bigger fan thatn you' , 'i was at Hull on a Friday night in 1992 where were you ?' campaiging.
That will stir the hornets nest up again on the'other site' for sure. bom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Well, I'm sure we can invite all the candidates to give of their opinions on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Wheres Joe Noolin fit into all this?
Back to top Go down
Bodmin Tew

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:38 pm

It does seem all quiet. Could anyone enlighten me at how Ian has been appointed into any official position. Not banging a drum but it appears a few people were ahead of themselves.

It is the one thing that really holds back these boards. Why fixate on individuals on another website and then accuse them of bullying? Why not just turn the other cheek and take the higher ground?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Bodmin Tew wrote:
It does seem all quiet. Could anyone enlighten me at how Ian has been appointed into any official position. Not banging a drum but it appears a few people were ahead of themselves.

It is the one thing that really holds back these boards. Why fixate on individuals on another website and then accuse them of bullying? Why not just turn the other cheek and take the higher ground?

If you don't know by now, you probably never will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Other people have reported on some of the detail but these are some of the points that caught my attention (and my apologies - I am not yet used to my wonderful hearing aids and the acoustics in there were not good - if I've got anything wrong or not understood, please do put me right):

• He said very clearly that the 55% rule was stopping the signing of players.
    Someone has said elsewhere that he said that Fletcher actually asked for a mentor. I didn't catch that but that would be interesting if true. Brent did say that the appointment of this person would be over an indeterminate period.
    The GAS Board was to provide "structural challenge".
    He was challenged in q&as over why the Trust wasn't to be given the lion's share of the representation. His reply was that there was nothing to stop all seven places being taken by Trust members. He also said that, other than providing the basic structure, it was important for the democratic process to determine who was to sit on the GAS Board.
    Penzance elsewhere questioned the alleged Machiavellian move in allowing only a 20% potential holding of shares by the Trust maybe by September. I actually put it down to there being five potential board members and that would divide it five ways.
    Apart from the very warm welcome to James Brent at the beginning of the meeting, the loudest applause appeared to be in support of a question about the unacceptable stewarding at HP. Brent, I think, said he had not heard that complaint before and it would be looked into.
    He said clearly that there was no intention to build student accommodation there but that a good quality hotel - within the existing footprint - was likely, planning permission permitting.
    I lost count of the number of times he stated very clearly that the development of the club would be built upon INTEGRITY, HONESTY & FINANCIAL STABILITY.

I shan't make my caveats about the process of purchase - take that as read. The world isn't a perfect place. But I continue to be impressed by the man. He has so far done all he said he would do. He has made still more good moves today. It continues to look promising!

Amusing part of the meeting? In Chris Webb's brief summary before handing the close of the meeting to Brent - he made all the right noises before lauding Brent for bringing back an Argyle legend and, with perfect timing, added, not the expected Wooton, but "Peter Jones".

Lowest point? Discovering that the new board's local rep was to be a DHS old boy. What's bloody wrong with Sutton?!

Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Bodmin Tew wrote:

You are right about the fixation thing but bullying is bullying and should never be tolerated. Certain people should know better.

Also like I said earlier it does seem a bit strange than ian has left as a mod and today brent announces that a Green Army Supervisory Board will be set up to challenge the new board. HMMMMMMM the plot thickens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:31 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Bodmin Tew wrote:

You are right about the fixation thing but bullying is bullying and should never be tolerated. Certain people should know better.

Also like I said earlier it does seem a bit strange than ian has left as a mod and today brent announces that a Green Army Supervisory Board will be set up to challenge the new board. HMMMMMMM the plot thickens.

As Freud once said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". By accident rather than design, he was sat just two rows in front of me. Damon Lezsner and another GT were just in front of me. They all got up early presumably to set up the tent. Don't let him play with your brain - he managed that superbly well the other day - it may simply be that he is going to focus his energies on good works and has simply stepped down from being a mod, just as he said.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:59 pm

funny man wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:
Bodmin Tew wrote:

As Freud once said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". By accident rather than design, he was sat just two rows in front of me. Damon Lezsner and another GT were just in front of me. They all got up early presumably to set up the tent. Don't let him play with your brain - he managed that superbly well the other day - it may simply be that he is going to focus his energies on good works and has simply stepped down from being a mod, just as he said.

Never doubted what he has done with fund raising and hopefully your right about his reasons for stepping down. Im just to cynical
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:17 pm

funny man wrote:

Lowest point? Discovering that the new board's local rep was to be a DHS old boy. What's bloody wrong with Sutton?!

To be fair, Sutton did turn out more than it's fair share of ne'er do wells and outlaws. I like to put that down to a real education, rather than just concentrating on placing boy A into Job B. We're a far more interesting bunch in my experience, going from my brother's experiences across the divide.
Even dear old Rowntree, the main photographer, is a DHS lad. On a couple of occasions myself and a former classmate of his have wound him up from the Lyndhurst. And then of course, there was Stapes. affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:26 pm

On the 20%, my understanding is that the Trust will only need to decide if it will take up the option by September, rather than find the full funds required by then.

The Trust will need to survey its members (and I think the only option is a full postal ballot) on the decision. It could at the same time propose that the new SD rules are adopted which would allow for withdrawable shares to be used as a means for people to donate while "ringfencing" their investment. Obviously legal advice would be sought.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:32 pm

I wonder if the Avvias have come down yet from their high yesterday ?
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:32 am

General_Rastus wrote:
Surely not Jameson....??

First time anyone questions him about anything he'll burst into tears ??

Absolute joke.. Shocked Shocked

Well thanks pal!

Care to tell me who you are? Don't know what I have done to upset you?

Any way not denying that I have been a bit of an emotional twerp at times but to bring my personal life ontop a message board is well out of order!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:37 am

Lee Jameson wrote:
General_Rastus wrote:
Surely not Jameson....??

Well thanks pal!

Any way not denying that I have been a bit of an emotional twerp at times but to bring my personal life ontop a message board is well out of order!
FWIW, I too thought this was strange.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:37 am

Lee Jameson wrote:
General_Rastus wrote:
Surely not Jameson....??

Well thanks pal!

He's had his account suspended Lee so he can't respond to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This mornings Herald The summit report   This mornings Herald The summit report Empty

Back to top Go down

This mornings Herald The summit report
Page 1 of 1