harvetheslayer
Freathy
sufferedsince 68
Tgwu
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:05 pm

feck bottling it the argyle way Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:12 pm

Dropped to second.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:13 pm

Adams squad needs quality additions to fight off the threat of oxford portsmouth and northampton, it wont happen and Argyle will tamely surrender in the playoff semi finals again.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:14 pm

We're not a promotion side. Nowhere near good enough.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:17 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Adams squad needs quality additions to fight off the threat of oxford portsmouth and northampton, it wont happen and Argyle will tamely surrender in the playoff semi finals again.

which is why people like ejh need to understand you need to sign players to bring cover, options and quality to your  squad and not just keep a strong 11 and have nothing else to call on. You need strength in depth and have players fighting for their shirt especially if you have promotion in your sights.
Which is why signing forster shouldn't be just to replace Nelson who maybe off. He needs to be the kick up the arse some players in the defence need.

clearly reading the reports the first goal was a combination of mellor and mccormick cocking up so I suspect Forster will be in at right back come saturday pending on how the rest of his game has gone.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:24 pm

Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

which is why people like ejh need to understand you need to sign players to bring cover, options and quality to your  squad and not just keep a strong 11 and have nothing else to call on. You need strength in depth and have players fighting for their shirt especially if you have promotion in your sights.

clearly reading the reports the first goal was a combination of mellor and mccormick cocking up so I suspect Forster will be in at right back come saturday pending on how the rest of his game has gone.
McCormick needs competion for the goalkeeping spot, though despite averaging 8500 this season the Non investing non ambitious owner reckons we cant afford it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:42 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

McCormick needs competion for the goalkeeping spot, though despite averaging 8500 this season the Non investing non ambitious owner reckons we cant afford it!

Absolutely he does. I would have liked Walton to stay and give him that motivation he needs to work to keep the spot Bittner isnt the guy to do that as his main priority is coaching luke.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:44 pm

I blame the fans, they dont deserve you Jimmy!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 9:57 pm

Total nightmare, another spawny, deflected goal keeps you mugs top.

I just don't deserve it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:12 pm

Stonewall penalty we should have had. Their first goal gift-wrapped by McCormick.

If the ref gets the pen right and Luke doesn't implode, it's quite probably 2-1 to us. Small margins.

For the run Northampton are on, I wasn't overly impressed with them. If that is a standard performance from them, then I'd back us to finish above them come the end.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:25 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Stonewall penalty we should have had. Their first goal gift-wrapped by McCormick.

If the ref gets the pen right and Luke doesn't implode, it's quite probably 2-1 to us. Small margins.

For the run Northampton are on, I wasn't overly impressed with them. If that is a standard performance from them, then I'd back us to finish above them come the end.

I've seen the top five this season and wasn't impressed by any of them, I can't see any reason why you mugs shouldn't hang in there and at least make the play offs again.

Fampton are currently the form side but both they and Oxford may pay for their cup involvement, not something you need to worry about of course, someone will go on a run to win the thing, could be you, god forbid, it could be any one of half a dozen others, please god, one thing for certain is that it will not take a super team to lift the prize.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:57 pm

All hinged on McCormick thinking he was Messi and making a hash of an admittedly not very good backpass from Mellor.Not what you want in a tight game,which it was up to that point with few chances at either end.Northampton's second goal was a result of their early second half superiority-Argyle looked better when Tanner and Wylde came on,not sure if the Reid/Brunt alliance works without width,actually forgot that Jervais was on the pitch first half. Wylde converted at the far post from a great low cross from Brunt but all too late,exactly the same scoring pattern as against Pompey and Exeter, home record is giving cause for concern.Very disappointing,need a quick bounce back on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 11:12 pm

FFS !!!

Argyle : pedestrian, lack of communication, poor passing, poor movement off the ball, Reid clearly not fit enough to start, both Northampton goals gifted on a plate by outragious mistakes from us. Pick of a bad bunch was Brunt for his sheer effort if nothing else. As Czar said, should've had at least one penalty for players being pulled in the box, most blatantly Jervis.

Northampton : Average team but exceedingly well drilled in the dark arts, time wasting from the first minute, constantly moaning to the ref, niggling tackles and it seemed as though every time one of our players jumped for the ball they recieved a little nudge in the back to put them off balance, 90% of which were missed by the pretty poor ref and his lame assistants.

Another frustrating home performance, it'll need to improve soon or if our away form falters we could well miss out on promotion.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:01 am

We were painful to watch. The playing of three little birds before and after the match just about sums up the whole event. :Suicide:
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 7:47 am

Despite DA's heroics we cannot be promoted with this team. Players are just not good enough.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 8:01 am

Dont sweat the small stuff boys. Still 8 points in front of 4th and not a person on this forum who wouldn't take 3rd place come seasons end.
Home game to come 3 points and the status quo is restored.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 8:31 am

Always poor when you don't feel like the opposition have had to work for their goals. If Luke just puts that backpack out for a throw-in or corner, or we take any of the two or three chances we had to clear our lines before the second...

Ah well, ifs and buts. January looks tricky. Mellor needs a rocket, Simpson and Threlkeld continue to flatter to deceive, Jervis is horribly out of nick, and we badly need Carey back. Despite all that, I'm quietly optimistic we'll keep picking up points at a good clip.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 8:52 am

MikeWN wrote:
If Luke just puts that backpack out

Dangerous times call for vigilance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 8:56 am

Not the end of the world. Northampton's record in the last 15 is w12, d1, l2. That's phenomenal. Perhaps we just dipped out to a slightly better side, bang in form. We've won 4 of the last 5.

We do need to see intent in the transfer market but so far (unless I've missed something), we have 1 in, 1 out (Forster/Boateng). Hope to see more in.

Alarm bells not sounding yet for me, though we need 3 points on Saturday to keep up the pace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 9:31 am

Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Which is why signing forster shouldn't be just to replace Nelson who maybe off. He needs to be the kick up the arse some players in the defence need.

Jesus where is the headbanging emoji when you need it?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 10:40 am

MikeWN wrote:
Always poor when you don't feel like the opposition have had to work for their goals. If Luke just puts that backpack out for a throw-in or corner, or we take any of the two or three chances we had to clear our lines before the second...

Ah well, ifs and buts. January looks tricky. Mellor needs a rocket, Simpson and Threlkeld continue to flatter to deceive, Jervis is horribly out of nick, and we badly need Carey back. Despite all that, I'm quietly optimistic we'll keep picking up points at a good clip.

He's not back for a while yet. Just bought an compression brace from his knee so he has a few weeks if not a month to go yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:52 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
We were painful to watch. The playing of three little birds before and after the match just about sums up the whole event. :Suicide:
They're just a bunch of fucktards at the club.
Agree with your sentiments about that fecking song.
2 turnstiles open at the Devonport end, causing long queues to get in.
A refreshment operative who didn't have a fecking clue when I bought 5 items. And almost diddled me out of £10 change!
That half time 'interview' with Adrian Burrows! Questions straight out of smash hits (was expecting what's your favourite colour?)
Almost got run over after the match by some old codger trying to do a Lewis Hamilton impression to beat the traffic leaving the life centre. Had a 'little word' and did well not to add to my criminal record!
I better stop now or else Handbags red card :Suicide:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:11 pm

Hope you weren't kicking advertising boards as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:13 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
They're just a bunch of fucktards at the club.
Agree with your sentiments about that fecking song.
2 turnstiles open at the Devonport end, causing long queues to get in.
A refreshment operative who didn't have a fecking clue when I bought 5 items. And almost diddled me out of £10 change!
That half time 'interview' with Adrian Burrows! Questions straight out of smash hits (was expecting what's your favourite colour?)
Almost got run over after the match by some old codger trying to do a Lewis Hamilton impression to beat the traffic leaving the life centre. Had a 'little word' and did well not to add to my criminal record!
I better stop now or else Handbags red card :Suicide:

should have had the operative i had at the Yeovil game, she gave me £10 extra change lol i did give it back fwiw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:23 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Hope you weren't kicking advertising boards as well
No mate. I gather Pie Face was thrown out for that Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread   PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V NORTHAMTON TOWN Tuesday Match day thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next