Charlie Wood
Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
Tgwu
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Jordon Forster - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:28 pm

GreenSam wrote:
ejh wrote:
Hibs have offered him a two year contract extension.

They will definitely be expecting their cut if he wants to move elsewhere, which he evidently does.

The last time we signed a young underused defender with such positive comments from fans, we picked up Carl McHugh on a free. Bodes well.
Ah I missed that. If the extension they've offered JF is on equal or better terms, we will owe them a small fee if we wish to sign him then.

just have to hope the club saw sense to offer nelson a contract
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 4:51 pm

Could nelson already be a done deal for jimmy rumour has it wolves have already started sniffing about already
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:01 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Could nelson already be a done deal for jimmy rumour has it wolves have already started sniffing about already

if he wants out sell him now i say. We got the replacement in if thats the purpose of jordons signing
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:09 pm

Interesting, don't particularly like it when players are rushed straight into the team though, we shall see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:17 pm

The lad does seem convinced he'll be playing very soon, so I think that says it all.
He does sound like a half decent player that Adams is very keen on, but selling a team captain halfway through a promotion push would be soooooo Brent, and Wrathall for that matter, given his record. It's just so holiday park.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:28 pm

It's difficult to find a bad word said about this fella, as regards footballing ability. If he can stay fit, it would appear to me that we'd be getting an upgrade, even if it's only for the rest of the season.

Nelson is far from being irreplaceable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:33 pm

GreenSam wrote:
ejh wrote:
Hibs have offered him a two year contract extension.

They will definitely be expecting their cut if he wants to move elsewhere, which he evidently does.

The last time we signed a young underused defender with such positive comments from fans, we picked up Carl McHugh on a free. Bodes well.
Ah I missed that. If the extension they've offered JF is on equal or better terms, we will owe them a small fee if we wish to sign him then.

The tribunals/compensation fees aren't necessarily small.

Look at Nelson. The club has developed him from a 17/18 year old. That's a lot of time and energy turning into what he is now, which is the club captain with hundreds of appearances who has maturity and sound defensive judgement to match his pace and athleticism.

For some Championship club to swoop and take the developed Nelson for nothing is unfair. Argyle could justifiably deserve a good amount of compensation. I mean the lad is now a cast iron first teamer, worth hundreds of thousands of pounds - and he won't be easily replaceable.

If the tribunal is fair then the compensation could be in excess of £100,000.

Last edited by ejh on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:36 pm

But this is the long term problem. If you're lucky enough to find good players, keep their contracts topped up. Brent's ( blamed on Adams) policy of 12 month contracts go nowhere past one season.

And just where is the value of a signed up good player being replaced by a loaned good player when you're trying to build a club, as we are told Adams wants to do.
Short termism. This manager is obviously a bit of a lucky find, and he needs backing. If Nelson hops off, it will register in Adams' psyche further down the line, when he himself becomes a target.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 5:52 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

if he wants out sell him now i say. We got the replacement in if thats the purpose of jordons signing
normally id agree angers no one player is bigger than the club plus in my opinion Nelson is overated L1 at best but what really pisses me is the money going in brents pocket never to be seen again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 6:02 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

normally id agree angers no one player is bigger than the club plus in my opinion Nelson is overated L1 at best but what really pisses me is the money going in brents pocket never to be seen again

There wouldnt be much point in keeping him here till the end of the season if he does wants out or he agrees to join lets say wolves for example his mind will be on that and not on us. may aswell look to get rid for as much as poss which sadly wont be alot given he is out of contract in May. oh and i agree Its a given Del Bhey wont see a penny of what ever we get for him.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 6:21 pm

Jimmy sanctions another short term loan signing!...... Geddon Big Jim!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 3:33 pm

His Feet is firmly on the ground

Jordon Forster’s burning desire to play regular football proved too strong in the end.

Fast forward three-and-a half months, however, and Forster, who this week joined Plymouth Argyle on loan until the end of the season, knows he may have kicked his last ball for the club he joined in 2010. For all his undoubted desire, Hibs’ three most established centre-backs, Liam Fontaine, Paul Hanlon and Darren McGregor, have effectively blocked Forster’s path into the first team with their excellent form this season.

“When I came back from injury, I was fully focused on getting back into the team at Hibs,” Forster said. “But the more and more you don’t play, things creep into your head, and over the last five or six weeks, it became clear that I was out the picture and that I needed to go somewhere else.

“I’m a big boy, so I went to speak to the manager. I never went in and said ‘I should be playing every week’ because I know the boys who have been playing are all good players who have been doing really well. The manager was really good with me. He said ‘if you don’t play in the next month or two, come back and see me and we’ll try and work something out’. We’ve managed to do that and I’m grateful to him for giving me the opportunity to go down south.”

Forster insists he doesn’t know what the future holds beyond the end of the season when his contracts with both Plymouth and Hibs expire. The Easter Road club, who were initially of a mind to let him leave this month on a permanent basis, have offered him a new deal which would entitle them to compensation if he moves elsewhere in the summer. For now, Forster is focused only on making the most of an unlikely opportunity on England’s south-west coast with Derek Adams’ joint League Two leaders.

“I had four or five options, a few in Scotland and a few in England, and Plymouth was the most attractive,” he said. “It was a no-brainer. People will say ‘it’s only League Two’, but if you ask a lot of the Scottish boys outwith the top clubs like Celtic, they’d happily go to League One, which is the league Plymouth are trying to get into.

“I just want to play games and enjoy my football again because I’ve not played for a long time. It had become a bit of a drag, to be honest. I know that sounds like the wrong word, but it’s not been as enjoyable as it should be. I just want to do well at Plymouth and then reassess the situation closer to the summer. Apart from match fitness, I’m okay. I’ve been fit for a long time now and I’m desperate to get started.”

Although his last start for Hibs was in July, Forster insists his bond with Stubbs remains as strong as it was when he was playing regularly under him last season.

“Me and Alan Stubbs have a great relationship,” he said. “When he first came in, I played a lot but unfortunately I had injuries and when I fell out the team the boys who came in have done really well. I hold no grudges. The manager has made it clear I can phone him anytime while I’m down here. I’ve got a lot of time for him.”

Forster is available to make his debut against Stevenage on Saturday but the obvious question is how does he envisage forcing his way into a side that, like Hibs, appears to be in decent defensive nick?

“I spoke to Derek Adams before I came down and made my point clear to him,” he explained. “I told him I had other options on the table and, although they were maybe not as attractive as Plymouth, they were places I would play at. I didn’t want to go somewhere I’m not going to play again, and he did say I’ll get my chance at Plymouth, so hopefully that’s a good indication.”

Forster hopes the move to Devon will benefit him both on and off the park.

“It’ll be a good experience being out of my comfort zone,” he said. “I’ll need to grow up and learn how to live by myself. I’ll need to learn how to cook and do my washing because my girlfriend does all that for me just now. Because it’s only a loan move, my girlfriend hasn’t come down with me but she will come down every second week for a few days.

“I’ve been in a hotel for a few days but the club are going to get me settled into an apartment in the next week or so. I’ve only been in the dressing-room a few times but you can tell already that they’re a great bunch. I knew Gregg Wylde before I came down and the manager is obviously Scottish as well. You couldn’t get any further away from Edinburgh, but the manager has said that the Scottish boys get home now and again, so hopefully I’ll be able to get a flight up once or twice a month to see the family.”

Forster is reluctant to close the door entirely on his Hibs career just yet, although he knows that chapter of his life may have come to an end.

“I don’t want to say it’s the end at Hibs, but if, unfortunately, that’s how it turns out, I’d say the derbies would be my highlights,” he said. “My debut, the 2-1 game at Tynecastle, was a massive high point. I’d also pick out the New Year derby two years ago when Easter Road was a sell-out and also the derby at the end of last season when we beat them 2-0. That was one of the strongest games I played for me. The club have been massive for me and the fans have been absolutely fantastic. As an Edinburgh boy, they’ve always been supportive of me even when I’ve had form dips. I can only thank them for making my time at the club so pleasurable. Whenever I’m back in Edinburgh, I’ll try to get to the games and regardless of whether or not I’m there next season, the club will forever be in my heart.”

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 7:26 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
But this is the long term problem. If you're lucky enough to find good players, keep their contracts topped up. Brent's ( blamed on Adams) policy of 12 month contracts go nowhere past one season.

And just where is the value of a signed up good player being replaced by a loaned good player when you're trying to build a club, as we are told Adams wants to do.
Short termism. This manager is obviously a bit of a lucky find, and he needs backing. If Nelson hops off, it will register in Adams' psyche further down the line, when he himself becomes a target.
Lucky? What a load of bull. Job advertised - Adams applies - gets interview - gets job. He wasn't a ''find''.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 8:34 am

Well he was. When you advertise for a position you are then at the mercy of the people who apply. A proactive approach would have been to have identified a manager the club wanted and pursued him.

Nitpicking and frankly who gives a shite. He's here and doing well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 11:09 am

I'm beginning to wonder whether Tone is JB himself?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 12:34 pm

DEREK Adams is happy with his capture of Jordon Forster from Hibernian - but has not given up hope of bringing back a familiar face during the transfer window. (see Boateng page)

Defender Forster joined this week on loan from Hibernian of the Scottish Premier League, giving Derek further options when it comes to his back-line.

"We need competition for places and Jordon coming in gives us that," Derek said about 22-year-old Jordon. "There's no problem [with fitness]. He is ready to go when I see fit and well for him to play and that is something we need at this time in the season.

"Jordon has played at centre-back and he has played at right-back in the Premiership in Scotland for many games for Hibernian, so he can play in both areas very well."

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 9:05 am

Jordon Forster admits he must let his head rule his heart as he weighs up whether to sign a new two-year deal with Hibernian.

The defender is now out of contract at Easter Road and spent the second half of the season on loan to Plymouth Argyle.

Forster would love to sign extended terms with the Scottish Cup winners, but concedes he could leave the club to get more regular football elsewhere.

The 22-year-old paid for his part in Hibs' 6-2 defeat to Rangers in the Challenge Cup last July by not playing again until the first game of his stay with Plymouth in February.

Although he has been out of favour with the Edinburgh side, the feedback Forster has had on his time at Home Park has been good.

He has now been given the chance to commit to Hibs but knows how hard it will be to break back into the team and has hinted that could sway his decision.

Forster said: "There's a new contract there waiting to be signed but I don't know what's going to be on that front.

"The option is there so I'm going to go away on holiday, have a relaxing time and a think about it, then come back and make my decision.

"There are a few things going on with my situation and a couple of underlying issues which will work themselves out one way or the other.

Forster came on in the League Two play-off final with Wimbledon but conceded the penalty converted in stoppage time by Adebayo Akinfenwa

"I want to play football and that's the main thing for me. I've played quite a few games since I went down to Plymouth which was good.

"I wish I was that high a calibre of player that I could say to Hibs, 'I need assurances I'll play more matches than I was getting before'.

"There are good centre-halves at that club though. Big Darren McGregor has had a tremendous season and Paul Hanlon and Liam Fontaine have done well too.

"They're all good players and I wish I could just walk in and say 'I'm playing', but it doesn't work like that.

"My biggest focus is on playing games. I want to play and I'll be basing my decision on my future on where I'll be getting to do that.

"Hibs are a big part of my heart. I love the club and the fans and I stay in Leith, so it's a massive call for me.

"It does make it tougher but it's my career and I need to focus more on that than what my heart is telling me."
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 am

If you've got any ambition Jordon you'll go back to Hibs, no brainer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 10:32 am

Sign for us and you can be guaranteed never to warm a bench again, evn if you're injured you'll be playing.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 8:55 pm

Not a big fan of his just goes to show how crap scotish football is if there a few clubs clambering to sign him up there ..when we played him a right back thought he was useless then they started playing at him at CB When Hartley was injured and he started play better at CB And quite well but signing permiment the jurys still out for me on that one
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:07 am

jordon forsterVerified account
@jordonforster23

Instagram-jordonforste23 hibs/Plymouth  

jordon forster ‏@jordonforster23 2h2 hours ago

The amount of people you see at the gym at 6am is brilliant

(still have Plymouth on his twitter page and is back from his holidays)

jamie fowler ‏@jamietfowler1 2h2 hours ago (PAFC fan, police sergeant in the Met,)

@jordonforster23 getting fit for the new season? I hear a centre back spot just became available at Argyle
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:26 pm

Hibs fan in scotland ive spoken to the ask if the rumour has got any legs in it..he said lennons was meant to be speaking to him with a 2yr deal maybe on the table & heard nothing about plymouths intrest only to say that by all accounts he enjoyed his time at plymouth..so read into that what you will..but all i know jimmy wont be competing against 2yr deals thats foreshore
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 9:51 am

Nice if it were true, from Sky

Player Details

Name: Jordon Forster                           Club: Plymouth Argyle

Date of birth:23/09/1993                      Squad: 28

Place of birth: Scotland                          Position: Defender

Jordon Forster transfer history  

From        To           Date           Fee
Hibernian Plymouth 12 Jan 2016 Undisclosed
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 7:54 pm

Adams has revealed Argyle have not offered a contract to another former loan signing, Hibernian defender Jordon Forster.

That is because Forster has a new two-year deal on the table from the Scottish Cup winners and had Argyle been interested in trying to recruit him they would have had to pay compensation for him.

Forster made 13 appearances for the Pilgrims, including eight starts, after arriving from Hibernian in January.

He featured as a late substitute in the League Two Play-Off Final defeat by AFC Wimbledon at Wembley after an injury to centre-back Peter Hartley.

Adams said: "We didn't make a contract offer to Jordon because we knew he had been offered a two-year contract extension with Hibs and there would be compensation involved if we were going to do anything."

Thursday media briefing
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 8:21 pm

A fee...Christ, Jimmy must have fainted when Deek ran that one past him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jordon Forster   Jordon Forster - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jordon Forster
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next