harvetheslayer
Tgwu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:05 pm

Its ours to lose now. Superb.

Bwp has criminal record (i think) and he plays in mls......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:17 pm

Elias wrote:
Its ours to lose now. Superb.

Bwp has criminal record (i think) and he plays in mls......

Hardly the same is it elias?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:30 pm

Yeah fair point
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 11:44 pm

Just home at 23:30. Would have beeen sooner but I totally missed the M5 turnoff and ended up staying on the M6 to Coventry! Dozy sod...never done that before. Not the best game but cracking atmos at the end. I'm convinced that we can't totally capitulate now, surely? Think promotion is on the cards!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 9:33 am

SteelCannon wrote:
Just home at 23:30. Would have beeen sooner but I totally missed the M5 turnoff and ended up staying on the M6 to Coventry! Dozy sod...never done that before. Not the best game but cracking atmos at the end. I'm convinced that we can't totally capitulate now, surely? Think promotion is on the cards!

January will be a much tougher test though, both on the pitch and off it. We've just beaten three struggling teams plus had the bonus of playing Carlisle at a neutral ground.

12 points from the last four games is an excellent return. 7 points from the next four would be just as impressive.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 9:41 am

Check out Photograph 41 of Greens on Screen of Yesterday. I'd try and link it but I dont want members puking over their Laptop.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 10:41 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Check out Photograph 41 of Greens on Screen of Yesterday. I'd try and link it but I dont want members puking over their Laptop.......

too late.

i'll save everyone the bother its a photo of the wife stealing president (EDITED BY THE MODS (Alanno) and nool giving the captain wankspasm salute
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 11:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Apparently the linesman said that the ball was over the line before Wylde got a touch. Otherwise he would have flagged Wylde for offside.

So the question is was it Brunt's goal or an O.G.?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 12:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 12:21 pm

own goal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 12:26 pm

Clear OG. Brunt was crossing it.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 12:56 pm

A sublime brace from Sir Ryan...
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 1:37 pm

Either way....still went nuts when it was looping over the keeper before it went in. For a while it looked like Carlisle would get an equaliser...
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 10:48 pm

MANAGER: I have to say thank you to Blackburn

Manager Keith Curle gave us his reaction to the Plymouth Argyle game shortly after full time on Saturday.

“I have a changing room full of very disappointed players,” he said. “This game was built up before kick off as a challenge and a test against a team who are top of the league. Plymouth are a side full of confidence and direction, and they’re getting results, so I challenged the group to go head-to-head with that.

“We competed and I don’t think we backed down in any way. I thought Plymouth defended their 18-yard box and their six-yard box exceptionally well and that’s what won them the game in the end. That is in no way derogatory to our defence because it took two deflected goals to beat us.”

“We didn’t get the luck or the run of the ball which comes to teams who are up at the top of the table,” he continued. “Having said that, the luck they got is something you have to earn and I can’t take anything from the manner in which a very good side has taken the points.

“The lesson for us to learn is that if you do your jobs as individuals you will get opportunities. My job now is to identify the areas where we could have caused them more problems. We’re getting better but there is still more we need to do against teams like this.

“Overall we had a few skirmishes in the box but not enough of note to cause them the amount of headaches I would have liked to have seen. But I know that if you speak to their coaching team I’m sure they’d say they wouldn’t want to play us week in, week out. There are a lot of positives to come out of the game for us and we will use them to help us to move forward.”

“We did enjoy some good spells of possession but you can see why Plymouth don’t concede many goals,” he commented. “We put some good balls into their box and it annoyed me that we had three flicks from Michael Raynes in the first half which fell inside their area.

“We asked the question why nobody was there to toe-poke it in because it was something we had practiced and trained for. That frustrated me because Michael looked a threat every time he went forward. I didn’t think we anticipated and gambled enough in the first half but we looked more of a goal threat after the break.

“If we’d gone ahead in the game I don’t think they’d have caught us. On another day Derek Asamoah would have had clean strikes at goal, but we’ve played against a team at the top of the league and we’ve been beaten by two deflections. Mark Gillespie had just two catches to make in the second half and that was against a team full of confidence. There were a lot of positives to take out of it and if we’d got the run of the ball it could have been a different story for us.”

“I’m disappointed for the lads, because the effort and commitment were there, but the confidence hasn’t dropped because of this result,” he insisted. “We’ve had a lot of distractions recently but we’ve used them as challenges. We’ve lost a game of football but we were very competitive, and that’s important.

“Defensively we looked strong and the goal from the free kick was one of those which was covered until it took that deflection. The same happened with their second goal when it hit somebody and looped over Mark. We take it on the chin and use it as a learning curve for the players. We know there are areas we still need to work on, and areas of quality where we can improve, but the foundations are there for us.”

“I have to say thank you to Blackburn for hosting this game for us,” he said. “The players were desperate to play and the facilities here are fantastic. We’ve been looked after really well and you can see this is a very professional football club.

“Everyone here has been absolutely superb. The staff have conducted themselves with a huge amount of respect for us and the players have been made to feel like professional footballers. I thought the fans stepped up to the challenge as well. Vocally they made it feel like a home game and we’re just disappointed we weren’t able to give them even more to shout about.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:26 pm

I don't think I've seen such a magnanimous and level headed response from a manager following a defeat.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:38 pm

ejh wrote:
I don't think I've seen such a magnanimous and level headed response from a manager following a defeat.

Can you imagine what Joe Kinnear would have said in the same circumstances?

Impressive stuff from Mr Curle. He's built a good team and I'm wagering they'll get better.

We were pretty jammy to beat them in the league game down here, lost in the cup and then sneaked it up there (ish). I don't think they'll be far off come the season's end. Respect.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 5:39 pm

Brunt officially awarded the second goal, so scored twice in this game-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 5:44 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
A sublime brace from Sir Ryan...

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 6:05 pm

how do you explain these pictures that prove it was an own goal?

i took these from a twitter account which i think proves it better than a deluded bias fan boy such as yourself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So unless he is the only human in history to make something curl in the air the other being lee harvey oswalds shooting of kenndey there is no way that goal can be count as his much like i would say the first one too but im not bothered by that one really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 6:14 pm

If you look in the statistics thread, as I know you have, you will clearly see I awarded it as an O.G. all along with a Brunt assist.

There was however, one stubborn curtain-twitcher who interfered to insist I go with what the Football League awarded, as the history books had everything to do with what they think and nothing to do with what I may think.

I wonder who that was? I wonder who has changed their tune now that Brunt may (unfairly) get credited with the goal instead of Wylde?

Have a day off hating Ryan Brunt, you inconsistent gimp!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 6:24 pm

ejh wrote:
If you look in the statistics thread, as I know you have, you will clearly see I awarded it as an O.G. all along with a Brunt assist.

There was however, one stubborn curtain-twitcher who interfered to insist I go with what the Football League awarded, as the history books had everything to do with what they think and nothing to do with what I may think.

I wonder who that was? I wonder who has changed their tune now that Brunt may (unfairly) get credited with the goal instead of Wylde?

Have a day off hating Ryan Brunt, you inconsistent gimp!

im inconsistent lol who was it who was bleating on for years about youth players being given a chance in the team ran hate campaigns almost against sheridan even though he played more than del bhey in his time only to go and turn his back on them the other day saying pretty much what everyone else was telling you they arent that good?

How are your other favourite players you wouldnt hear a bad word sad about doing these days Luke young? river allen? jason banton? nathan thomas? or tyler harvey to name a few i would say your undying support for a player is a poison chalice mate lol! lol!

The football league got it very wrong crediting a fluke shot that the pictures prove wasnt going in there would have been a better case crediting wylde than brunt for that one same for his fluke free kick that not even you can deny wasnt going in if it werent for the huge deflection. Never teh less they did credit him with the goal wrongly and yes its his goal so no backtracking here xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United match thread (if on)   Carlisle United match thread (if on) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carlisle United match thread (if on)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5