sufferedsince 68
Tringreen
Ken Adams
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ken Adams

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 5:29 pm

DA after match comments... mentioned that he was chasing Hallam Hope (Carlisle forward and scorer) but Argyle couldn't afford him. Outbid in the transfer market by Carlisle???? FFS Jimbo....really??? Today hopefully just a mere blip but very interesting comment from DA to reveal that in public. Coupled with his frustration at not being able (due to finances) to sign a GK a month or so ago its interesting to see him voice his frustration. This is the first time I have heard him publicly vent his annoyance.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 5:42 pm

First signs that DA will be ripe for the picking, due to the fact the club is in the hands of a non investor, protected by his jam boys and their Aviva followers.
If he doesn't back Adams after the start he's made, even the Avivas will get restless.

It'll end in tears I tellee .
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Clubs will have noticed the great job Adams has done, the first ambitious one that makes an offer and he's gone! No doubt the usual toadies will say he lacked loyalty no green blood and so on, but the real reason will be no ambition from Jimmy and the village elders, forced him to move on.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:03 pm

Oh my. Are Pasoti calling for his sacking yet? Is this the end of the Derek honeymoon there? Is it all going to go they way or John Sheridan
Back to top Go down

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:04 pm

Ross County fans warned when Adams loses and things don't go his way, the bitching starts.

Grievances will get aired.

Mind you, being outbid and turned down by Carlisle must be embarrassing. "But I really want this player Jimmy. He'll be great for us".

'Derek, why do we want Hallam Hope when we've got Tyler Harvey?'

Last edited by ejh on Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:04 pm

I've said many times that there will come a point where we will see just why no one took a punt on DA earlier, and we were able to get him. When we have a bad patch or he doesn't get his way behind the scenes (and lets face it, if he wants backing, Brent ain't his man) then Adams full persona will show. There was a 10 month cooling off period where, despite his outstanding achievements with Ross County, no one thought he was worth a punt. His touchline ban periods were extraordinary.

I just hope he can get us up this year because for all sorts of reasons, I doubt very much he will be here for very long.
Back to top Go down

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:08 pm

He'll test Brent for sure. Can Jimmy put up with his employee whinging in the media about what a tight bastard he is? I mean it's nothing Argyle fans don't already know, it's more the brazen faced cheek of it really.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:10 pm

No mention of this on pasoti, how strange.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
No mention of this on pasoti, how strange.
Yes why is that Nooly? worried that the directors box might be full on tuesday if you do!
Back to top Go down

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:21 pm

Its such a shame that Club has such a shit owner.
Back to top Go down

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:28 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I've said many times that there will come a point where we will see just why no one took a punt on DA earlier, and we were able to get him.

Hang on a minute Czarky, he has every right to complain if he thinks the budget should be better, just as Holloway did. This guy is an excellent lucky find, reccomended by another club, and my, can't we see the benefit.
Just because he's an  employee, doesn't mean he can't speak up for the football side of things, which of course, is Adams' responsibility. Do you live in the 1800s ?  Do you think a salary buys a person's time and talent or do you think it buys his soul as well ? Getta grip

You keep saying Adams has an "attitude". Just what do you mean ? So far, I've seen nothing but the sort of attitude that commands loyalty from gifted players, and a desire to put football first, and gives it a bit to some property speculator squatting on an egg. What fan can disagree with that ? Genuine question
Back to top Go down

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Adams who is doing a fantastic job is now starting to understand the frustrations shezza had under brent despite his successes. Sadly nothing change till brent goes.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:53 pm

"Happiness....happiness!"
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:59 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I've said many times that there will come a point where we will see just why no one took a punt on DA earlier, and we were able to get him.

Hang on a minute Czarky, he has every right to complain if he thinks the budget should be better, just as Holloway did. This guy is an excellent lucky find, reccomended by another club, and my, can't we see the benefit.
Just because he's an  employee, doesn't mean he can't speak up for the football side of things, which of course, is Adams' responsibility. Do you live in the 1800s ?  Do you think a salary buys a person's time and talent or do you think it buys his soul as well ?  Getta grip

You keep saying Adams has an "attitude". Just what do you mean ? So far, I've seen nothing but the sort of attitude that commands loyalty from gifted players, and a desire to put football first, and gives it a bit to some property speculator squatting on an egg. What fan can disagree with that ? Genuine question

Eh? I haven't said he shouldn't moan about the budget. As for buying his soul? I'm sorry, I'm not really sure wtf you're going on about.

My point - the one I've made once or twice before, is the fact that there is a really good reason we were able to secure his services in the first place.

Maybe educate yourself a little as to the why's and wherefores before instructing others to "get a grip"...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:13 pm

Is that it ? He moans and groans at referees/4th officials and gets banned ?  Laughing  Laughing Who cares, as long as the team respect him.
What has his disciplinary record got to do with moaning about Brent and his budget ?
And yes, having washed myself, not a dickie on Pasoti about Adams' post match comment. Why not ? it's quite a statement. Just how controlled is that forum these days? I guess every poster is afraid to be the first to refer to it.  Maybe a mod could help them along in a controlled experiment. In a sort of KJN way clown

Czarky, are you saying he's got a screw loose, an attitude problem ? because that is exactly how it sounds. I thought you were a "speak as you find" character, and would like the cut of his jib. I think he's a cracking appointment. I really don't understand your ongoing worry about Adams, he's just a young manager with a great track record. If he gobs off, so what ? Are you saying he's ultimately a bad influence, despite his record on the field ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:30 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Is that it ? He moans and groans at referees/4th officials and gets banned ?  Laughing  Laughing
What has that got to do with moaning about Brent and his budget ?
And yes, not a dickie on Pasoti about Adams' post match comment. Why not ? Just how controlled is that forum these days? I guess every poster is afraid to be the first t refer to it. Maybe a mod could help them along in a contrlled experiment. clown

Czarky, are you saying he's got a screw loose, an attitude problem ? because that is exactly how it sounds. I thought you were a "speak as you find" character, and would like the cut of his jib. I think he's a cracking appointment. I really don't understand your ongoing worry about Adams, he's just a young manager with a great track record. If he gobs off, so what ?

I haven't said he shouldn't moan about Brent or his budget!

Also not once have I mentioned 'attitude'. Those are your words. I've just provided you with a bit of info as to his time up north.

To be clear, I'm delighted with what Adams has done here. But at the same time, his history in Scotland has played a massive part in just why is at Home Park, and not at Ibrox or Parkhead - that is the crux of what I am saying. We shouldn't kid ourselves as to why or how he has ended up here.

When it is win win win, you'll only ever see one side of a persons character. What I don't want to see is a repeat of what went on in Scotland. Simple as that really.

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:31 pm

Is it frustration or just telling it like it is? He had the budget and spent it - pretty well as it happens. There isn't a manager in football who wouldn't like more players than they have.

Having said that, the non-investing Brent's budget was criminally low in the first place.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:50 pm

I see it as the jan transfer window is approaching very fast and he i just making sure he has more money to spend than was allocated at the beginning of the season.
Back to top Go down
ConDeLaCreme

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:14 pm

Interesting. And we all know who would win a popularity contest between Adams & Brent. Even on PASOTI.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
[. We shouldn't kid ourselves as to why or how he has ended up here.  

When it is win win win, you'll only ever see one side of a persons character. What I don't want to see is a repeat of what went on in Scotland. Simple as that really.

He's ended up here because he applied and got the job. Quite frankly, if he gets banned from the touchline while getting his team promoted then so be it. Rather have some passion on the touchline and if I remember rightly then last season there were frequent posts after games about how the opposition manager was running around his tech area screaming whilst our guy was stood there with his arms folded.
As for his budget? What was the budget? Maybe the budget was enough to bring in a number of Lge 2 players but DA chose to sign a smaller number on higher wages. Take Carey as an example. In SPL most clubs are paying between 1.5K and 3K per week (ignoring Celtic as their wages distort the figures hugely) whilst in Lge 2 players earn roughly £700 to £1200 per week. Maybe DA had to pay Carey more than average to get him?
So .. what was the budget? Answers please on a postcard.
Back to top Go down

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:10 pm

Fecking hell we've lost a game and seems like we've all lost the plot, yes we were crap today, did anybody think we'd got through the season unbeaten, FFS get a grip you lot, now If I was a Barnsley or Wimbledon supporter then I would be extremely pissed off
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:28 pm

I really don't get the attacks on 'Czarky' tbh, the clue is in the moniker surely.

I welcome Del's so-called unpopularity with the precious directors and other such minded people.  We can't compete with Oxford and now Carlisle, why not should be the question.  I can only conclude that the lovies of RCFC who disaproved of Del's nature were of a certain exclusive vintage.
Back to top Go down

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 10:49 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
I really don't get the attacks on 'Czarky' tbh, the clue is in the moniker surely.

I welcome Del's so-called unpopularity with the precious directors and other such minded people.  We can't compete with Oxford and now Carlisle, why not should be the question.  I can only conclude that the lovies of RCFC who disaproved of Del's nature were of a certain exclusive vintage.

Exactly. I don't see why Adams can't be a good football manager and a difficult bastard at the same time. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. Look at Brian Clough. Look at José Mourinho. Both didn't/don't react well to losing, and both weren't/aren't averse to tell their chairmen what they think of them.

Early days but Derek has had a few veiled swipes at JB about the budget he has to work with now. 

It doesn't take a terrific stretch of imagination to see Adams and Brent majorly falling out if the promotion form slows up, Reuben's injury woes continue, Argyle are struggling for goals up front, or we have any injuries to key players.

Adams is having the pressure of a title race placed on his shoulders whilst having a budget described as 7th - 9th placed under Sheridan (and no evidence of it having been increased). If Adams loses a game and fans lose their minds, won't the first thing on his mind be "well I just lost a game the chairman thinks I shouldn't have, but the midtable opposition had a striker we couldn't even afford!?"

Is it fair for DA to have all this expectation on him, without the tools (budget) really required to realistically deliver such a demanding target? Of course it isn't, and when Argyle lose DA is entitled to remind the fans and the chairman of that fact.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 11:51 pm

Adams is clearly flexing his muscles and if he can't do it now then he never will. He is in a position of strength which may not last.

The size of the squad is the worry. The starting eleven is as good as any in this league plus two or three subs but the rest are making up the numbers.

If, or more likely when, injuries, suspensions or forced sales come into play then we are struggling.

Adams has gone for quality over quantity. It's a high risk strategy.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 8:39 am

DA is as good as gone. Losing players and having to scrape around for loan signings because we have no money in January will make it VERY easy for DA to be tempted away, maybe even to another L2 club.

We will not be promoted

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shot at Jimbo...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shot at Jimbo...?   Shot at Jimbo...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shot at Jimbo...?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next