Chemical Ali
shonbo
harvetheslayer
Tgwu
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Notts County match day thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:11 pm

ejh wrote:
Great performance for me.

Great to see Reuben back to his best. What a bloody goal that first one was. He just ran them ragged by himself, reminiscent of Pompey at home when it was on the telly.

cant say it was a great performance for me we won though and thats all that matters for me
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:30 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
(826 away)

I know there are lots of Argyle fans in the Notts area (even though they're not praaaaper fans because they've left Plymouth), but to take that amount of away fans to a televised game is pretty bloody impressive.

It is an impressive following.

SkySports said before the game that the GA were there in numbers.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Here is what they be saying on the Notts forum (page two).

one comment posted was this - Plymouth are a very good L2 side. They know what it takes to win. Notts haven't figured that out yet. All the possession in the world means nothing when you do nothing with it. All the shots in the world are pointless if they don't go in the net. I still think RM needs time. I hope he gets it.

Another stated - to say there top of league well it shows how **** this league is sorry but they didn't impress me at all if anyone played great abroah ran the show calm cool moved it about some class he has I wouldn't be surprised if he moves in Jan if we're still down there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have never viewed NCFC as a big club, more like a little club in a big city who play second fiddle to Nottingham Forest.
Back to top Go down
womble

womble

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:30 pm

A superb defensive display, with some lethal finishing. An excellent away performance.

Sky seemed to be building notts County up as some sort of big club before the match, which I didn't get.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:57 pm

I really don't understand how this can be viewed as an excellent performance, regardless of it being an away game. We scored two good goals, but our all-round play was horribly disjointed. Luke has made a few regulation saves, but we will win a lot of games like this at this level - purely because the opposition simply aren't as good as us at hitting the back of the net.

If we'd lost the game, we couldn't have complained.

What bamboozled me completely is, if McHugh is fit which he appeared to be, what is he doing on the bench in an away game against a team with good home form? Starting with Wylde and Tanner was pretty ambitious, even given our good form.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:15 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Mellor is a proper weak link

Been saying it since last season, a liability. Like a giraffe on ice skates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:24 pm

Their little midfield Taribo West lookalike certainly made an impression. Extremely strong and physical for his size, wouldn't mind him in our matchday squad at all.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 6:50 am

A performance that wins promotions. Didn't really turn up, rode our luck a little and kept a clean sheet. 3 points is 3 points come May.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 7:23 am

At the end of the day Lukey Boy never had a one on one save to make all match. One long range which he easily tipped over was more or less the sum of their attack.
Wylde didnt look happy !!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 7:36 am

ejh wrote:
Their little midfield Taribo West lookalike certainly made an impression. Extremely strong and physical for his size, wouldn't mind him in our matchday squad at all.
Racist, but agree.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 8:04 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
At the end of the day Lukey Boy never had a one on one save to make all match. One long range which he easily tipped over was more or less the sum of their attack.
Wylde didnt look happy !!

Manager said he was unwell
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 6:29 pm

Reid display this weekend earned him a place in League 2 team of the week
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 5:57 am

THERE was a lot to be positive about from Argyle's 2-0 defeat of Notts County – the two goals of Reuben Reid, the team's defensive resilience, a third clean sheet in five games and a three-point lead at the top of the table.

The sizeable support of the Green Army, even though the match was televised live on Sky Sports, was also admirable.

But the away supporters were let down by one individual who decided to throw a smoke bomb after Reid's opening goal.

Did the person concerned not realise he or she could have hit and hurt one of their fellow fans with the object?

I hope whoever did it was identified and gets appropriate punishment. It was stupid beyond belief and dangerous

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @heraldnewslive on Twitter | theplymouthherald on Facebook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Notts County match day thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4