shonbo
harvetheslayer
Tgwu
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Notts County match day thread Empty
PostSubject: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:15 am

THE BUILD UP TO HIS BIG LIVE GAME
'

Not happy with their manager Moniz at the moment, cannot believe he is up for manager of the month award.

A quote from their forum

Tony someone at the football league has been smoking either crack or a bribe has been dished out 1-0 win against a average York team that could of scored twice at the end Crawley crap just about beat Luton only to a free kick sorry it's a no for me but that's only to his bizzare stunt at weekend but he probably win it and say it's the philosophy way

A new CEO appointed this weekend for them

Notts County have appointed Julian Winter as chief executive officer.

Winter, who has held similar roles at Sheffield United and Watford, replaces Aileen Trew who stood down in August.

He said: "I have a broad experience within football and within the Football League that I will be looking to bring to Meadow

Match official for this live TV game

Man in the middle JEREMY SIMPSON 10 games 38 YELLOWS 2 REDS

Assisted by Mark Griffiths and Chris Isherwood

Fourth Official Christopher Kavana
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 12:41 pm

Argyie have been notified by Notts County of a slight change to ticketing arrangements for Sunday's game.

The Magpies have decided, in cooperation with Sky Sports, who will be filming the game live, that seating in the away end will now be unreserved.

A Notts County statement to us reads:

"Due to the positioning of a Sky TV camera within the Jimmy Sirrel Stand for Sundays fixture, seating for Plymouth Argyle supporters will now be unreserved. Although tickets have been issued with block, row and seat numbers away supporters will now be permitted to sit within the netted area in the visitors section. Supporters should use the same tickets already issued with no requirement to change. Stewards will be available to advise on the day of the game."

For Argyle fans yet to purchase tickets for the game, the club shop and ticket office will be open - as usual - for 9aqm-5pm on Friday, reopening at 10am on Saturday. Tickets will not be sold after noon on Saturday. For information on pricing etc
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 1:14 pm

Big anticipation for this one on TV
Need to ensure a decent performance that combined with last 3 victories back to back should ensure a 10,000+ figure gate for next home match
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:24 pm

What time & date is the kick off, please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:26 pm

2:30pm KO I believe.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:36 pm

They are showing a B game before the top of the league puts in a appearance
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Thanks is that Sat or Sunday
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:20 pm

Sunday.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:23 pm

Thanks Chem
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Holloway doing our game on Sunday.

This weekend Sky football league podcast with Mr Holloway
A good live phone call from DA on there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Well worth a listen,
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 7:29 am

Some views from Notts fans

Notts on the telly on Sunday. I suspect that when this fixture was picked the broadcaster felt it would be a top of the table clash. They were half right. Plymouth are top of the pile heading into the game. 2 defeats in 11 games. Still in the JPT after a fantastic derby win over Exeter. Scoring goals and a mean defence.
Plymouth have a strong squad. Power and pace mixed with great passing and composure. A joy to watch. Luke McCormick is one of the best keepers in the division. Graeme Carey is a midfield general. Reuben Reid scores goals and his partner in crime? Jake Jervis who is thriving at Argyle.

I have no idea what RM will do next. 2 crushing defeats in a week and Hollis suspended for Sunday (I think) after a straight red (I think) on Tuesday. Stead is the bright side with 2 goals in 2 games.
I'm a big fan of what Plymouth have put together, in fact I envy them. No messing, get on with the job. They will be a stern test for Notts. Notts are a different side at home though. I'll go for 1-1. Stead again. Campbell to star for us.

Rubén Reids pace and power will bully Audel and sprockel not that it takes much though hake her is has never been good in my view but sometimes it happens for you like McCormick is a good keeper not as good as Carroll tho but on a overall Reid will get 4 or 5 against our defence God help us this could be embrassing on tvSome views from Notts fans
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 8:36 am

Tgwu wrote:
Well worth a listen,

And what a refreshingly articulate and clearly, thinking manager.

Brent has at last got one thing right. I just hope we can keep him. If we can, the acid test will come when he needs players to boost the squad and to replace performing loan players when they return to their clubs. He can identify players and played down the difficulty with getting them to come this far west.
If we had owners of real ambition for the football club rather than their own pension pot, this could be a marriage made in heaven. The potential fanbase is there but 'belief' in the club will take more than promotion from the 4th tier. If anything, the situation is now worse than the last surge we had, started by Sturrock.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 9:01 am

Tringreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Well worth a listen,

And what a refreshingly articulate and clearly, thinking manager.

Brent has at last got one thing right. I just hope we can keep him. If we can, the acid test will come when he needs players to boost the squad and to replace performing loan players when they return to their clubs. He can identify players and played down the difficulty with getting them to come this far west.
If we had owners of real ambition for the football club rather than their own pension pot, this could be a marriage made in heaven. The potential fanbase is there but 'belief' in the club will take more than promotion from the 4th tier. If anything, the situation is now worse than the last surge we had, started by Sturrock.

I am glad someone commented on the podcast, as Tring said opposite to Holloway on bring players in.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 5:05 pm

Ollie's prediction

Notts County v Plymouth, Sunday, 2.15pm, Sky Sports 1

I'm looking forward to seeing County's set-up; I know there have been high expectations there. They're so close to their neighbours Forest - just over the bridge - but it's difficult to compete. I wish them all the best but I think Plymouth will have too much. I really like what Derek Adams has done. No one of knew that much about him, coming down from Scotland, but he's done a brilliant job. I like the look of Hiram Boateng - on loan from Crystal Palace - and Jake Jervis and I'm really pleased to see them doing well. Reuben Reid can play at any level if he puts his mind to it, I tell you. He's strong, got all types of finishes in his locker.

When I went to the club I said that I wanted them to grow and dominate the south west. I think they could easily do it. We had problems getting players down there but we'd almost got over when we ended up so high in the Championship. But two members of the board left - that really affected where we were going - and what was said when I first went there wasn't the same at the end. You can't compromise as a manager and that's the reason I left. I didn't sell any of the players; I wanted to give them new contracts. It all fell away in the end but good luck to them - I still believe that, with their support, they can be a force.

OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-3

Sky Bet Notts County 7/5 Draw 5/2 Plymouth 7/4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 5:43 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Ollie's prediction

Notts County v Plymouth, Sunday, 2.15pm, Sky Sports 1

I'm looking forward to seeing County's set-up; I know there have been high expectations there. They're so close to their neighbours Forest - just over the bridge - but it's difficult to compete. I wish them all the best but I think Plymouth will have too much. I really like what Derek Adams has done. No one of knew that much about him, coming down from Scotland, but he's done a brilliant job. I like the look of Hiram Boateng - on loan from Crystal Palace - and Jake Jervis and I'm really pleased to see them doing well. Reuben Reid can play at any level if he puts his mind to it, I tell you. He's strong, got all types of finishes in his locker.

When I went to the club I said that I wanted them to grow and dominate the south west. I think they could easily do it. We had problems getting players down there but we'd almost got over when we ended up so high in the Championship. But two members of the board left - that really affected where we were going - and what was said when I first went there wasn't the same at the end. You can't compromise as a manager and that's the reason I left. I didn't sell any of the players; I wanted to give them new contracts. It all fell away in the end but good luck to them - I still believe that, with their support, they can be a force.

OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-3

Sky Bet     Notts County 7/5      Draw 5/2     Plymouth 7/4

will his mum let him watch the game instead of songs of praise though?
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 11:34 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Well worth a listen,

Can second that, it really is. Speaks brilliantly does Derek, we're very, very lucky to have him. Struggling to think of other managers in the world I'd actually rather have than him right now - I'm not sure there are any.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 6:58 am

That's a bold statement and I'm only too glad that the board held firm and forced Liverpool to back down, compromise and accept Klopp.

Adams is doing a fine job however we have yet to see him tested and under pressure, particularly if history repeats itself and he is let down by the board with regards to player investment.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 8:02 am

Looking forward to this one. Big contingent going up the Tamar for the Match. Rest and recreation and a Gallon of Fosters, all good with the world
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 9:14 am

You still drink fosters Harv Shocked
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 9:39 am

Nottingham trams £1 tomorrow, tram station by a52 at toton.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 6:37 am

BOOM game day.

Bring on the champions.

#stripesareback :greenrave:

Will be watching us captivate the global audience with my main man, Mr Henry Weston.

Geddon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 7:44 am

Argyle onesie and bobble hat are ready jocolor jocolor jocolor geek jocolor geek jocolor
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 8:20 am

alannotivvy wrote:
Argyle onesie and bobble hat are ready  jocolor jocolor jocolor geek jocolor geek jocolor

bounce jocolor :greenrave:
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 9:25 am

I see Pompey have reclaimed top spot. It's going to be VERY tricky today and next up two very difficult matches against in-form Accrington Stanley and Oxford. It's so tight we could be back to lower mid-table by 20 October.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notts County match day thread   Notts County match day thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Notts County match day thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next