Josh Pope
mouldyoldgoat
Freathy
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 6:28 pm

We played very well today very much a fluid attacking style pity we couldnt score more as we certainly warranted more than 2. Reuben was as lively as i have seen him in a while and i was glad he finally got that goal as was he as he never usually celebrates scoring. We took our foot of the pedal near the end and equaliser was obvious for all there it was coming but it woke us up and Boateng who is getting better every week slotted home a great winner.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Just seen the goals on SSN-what a pass from Carey for the first goal, outside of the left foot 40 yard ball threaded through the proverbial eye of a needle. Exceptional.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 6:35 pm

ejh wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Shoulda been outta sight by halftime. Carey hit the most outrageous volley that would have been a candidate for Goal of the Century, had it bent just a tad more into the corner.

Boeteng MOTM, simply superb. McHugh fantastic too. Crawley were a poor side and on another day it coulda been five or six. A more disjointed 2nd half though and we nearly paid the  price for not taking the early chances.

Toppa the league. Happy Days foreshore. Very Happy

Pretty much how it sounded on the radio. Failed to take advantage of our dominance and nearly dropped points at the end until we played our get outta jail card, a tad worrying but great to be top.

How is scoring a goal a 'get out of jail free' card?

Goals win games, we scored two and they scored one.

Who said anything about free?........it's just an expression I chose after scoring a late winner when we looked like dropping two points from a winning position, sorry for any offence caused.
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 6:45 pm

A fully deserved win. As already said Boateng MOM.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 6:50 pm

Surprised McHugh started. Crawley showed a ''Ainsworth and Allen'' mentality of falling over
Careys pass for Reid was just awesome but it had to be finished and RR duly obliged. Then from OMG at 1-1 to 3 points and top by 2 points.
When were we last top? Luvverly feeling :greenrave:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 7:05 pm

All that dominance and we nearly blew it against the worse team I think I've ever seen at HP. This team is so different from last seasons, never knows when it's beat, got there in the end though. Boateng and Sawyer MoM for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 7:08 pm

Apparently, that's how Ross County were with Adams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 7:17 pm

We'll be giving some team a good seeing too sometime, might be Tuesday !!
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 7:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very Happy bounce cheers jocolor Thanks/OK Banana party animal parteeeeee chickendance :greenrave: drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:30 pm

did anyone who went make out who our "goals" are sponsored by? when Reid and Boateng scored the stadium announcing mention some company before he said there names much like last season with the subs who were sponsored by the naval reserves.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:32 pm

Goldbergs? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 9:42 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Goldbergs? Very Happy

nikkkkkkk are you out there are you sponsoring this lol
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 10:12 pm

Well done Argyle and DA.
Top of the league.
Deservedly so.
Playing really well by ALL accounts.

Get f***king in there!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 12:27 am

Excellent responce to two poor draws recently.
Big game tues
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 11:41 am

Elias wrote:
Excellent responce to two poor draws recently.
Big game tues

In the scheme of things, I don't know that Tuesday's game is that important, bragging rights excepted. It's always good to beat our six-toed cousins up the road but I'd much rather be sat at the top of the league and finish there, than worry too much about the Paintpot Trophy.

If we win it fine, if we don't, meh.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 11:52 am

Yesterday's win was fully deserved. We somehow stole one against Barnet but this was very different.

That volley was just about the most outrageous goal attempt I have ever seen.

Wylde ran himself to a stand still.

I thought the bookings for McHugh and Mellor very harsh; Sawyer's less so.

For a bunch of freaks and weirdoes who'm not praaaper fans we certainly seem quite pleased to be top o' the league.

Maybe there's some Argyle fans on the internet's fastest growing independent forum* after all.

*I have no idea if this is true. It is not based on any metric whatsoever. I am not twisting figures here: I simply don't have any. In fact it's totally made up and I don't give a feck who knows it. I call this branch of statistical analysis/fantastical maths Post-Newellian Theory.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 2:05 pm

The top of the table is certainly startng to look the way I thought it might. Just put Luton Town in there, along with another and that could the teams fighting for the promotion/Play-Off spots.

Nice to see Argyle top of the shop, suprised tbh.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 3:24 pm

Carey involved in both goals, again.

Hopefully we get a full year outta him.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 3:29 pm

Unless he can be persuaded to sign a new contract asap it's hard to see how we're going to be able to hold onto him, from what I've seen he could comfortably play in the Championship.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 4:28 pm

DA's comments
“We’re a positive football club – we talk in a positive manner. Negativity is something that we don’t talk about. ..... we only talk about positives.
“I’m happy with everybody – the whole football club.
"I’ve not got there without being positive, and negative people can get lost!”
Thumbs
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 6:32 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Unless he can be persuaded to sign a new contract asap it's hard to see how we're going to be able to hold onto him, from what I've seen he could comfortably play in the Championship.

Overall he's been fantastic for us apart from the Rovers game where he had an off day, Championship class ? I'm not so sure yet, he'll need to produce the goods for more than 10 games before a realistic judgement can be made. Hope we can keep him either way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crawley Town Match Thread    Crawley Town Match Thread  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crawley Town Match Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3